#1 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:39 AM

Don't BLAME them on me when they start to skyrocket.

#2 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

Okey I won't.. chemicals have been going up as well. People buy them for 43k now? Youch. I collected stacks in my last few months of playing last year :)!

#3 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

You make it sound like a bad thing. Could be a good thing for those who have saved up lots of chems. :)

I farmed quite abit while drops were generous and was running out of places to store them all. Yet the buying prices on mats have remained at historical lows - probably because crafting isn't that popular or people simply don't need much to craft good stats anymore. If the devs made it harder to make good statted items, that would probably make the demand rise again.

#4 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

I love when gem price skyrockets.

#5 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Gem prices aren't going to sky-rocket on their own...creating those gems is as well.

I'm sure it seems pretty cool to make another 1000 or more per chemical you buy but I don't think that most people understand how that translates into Gem prices. The cutters aren't making any more money and on the whole most people buying gem's won't be benefiting at all with the new prices coming.

Costs about 18-20m to make a 7th grade garnet/ruby etc that sells for 23m....not including failures.

Just warning you is all....

Don't say I didn't warn you. :)

#6 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

I stand warned. But I have hardly ever relied on buying chems to make gems, I farm them. It's true that it takes alot longer to farm chems these days but I've always made it a practice to save some chems to get me through times like this. So this whole "sky is falling" scenario doesn't bother me much. If you can ride out the peaks and valleys of all the tweaking, it won't raise our blood pressure much. It seems like some people have high blood pressure wringing their hands over this tempest in a teapot.

#7 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

it's a great thing for starters who can sell just like 2 chems for almost 100k to you rich crafters hahaha

#8 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

I don't need to buy any gem because i can craft them myself. It is a good thing when you have your own crafter.

#9 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

An increase in gem prices would be great for crafters. The increase in chem prices is great for non crafters and those who would rather not craft gems.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 23 April 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#10 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:11 AM

I love when gem price skyrockets.

Posted Image

#11 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

An increase in gem prices would be great for crafters. The increase in chem prices is great for non crafters and those who would rather not craft gems.

Ummm no? The chem prices have gone up so the gem prices going up doesn't make you any more money.

Worstly people think it's good to have high chem prices...if you need gems, you're screwed...you might make a couple thousand extra off your chem sales, however it takes the work of many to make a 7th grade gem. Chem hunters will do well with it, but the second they need a gem, they lose any benefit.

Most people need gem's...it's only a few who only hunt chem or craft their own that benefit. It seems like a good thing to a bunch of people however its not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users