66 replies to this topic

#1 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:21 AM

1.)Does this game feel like an MMORPG anymore?

2.)What do you enjoy in an mmorpg?

Here is what i think in relation to this game:

1. Kind of, but not really.

2:
Competition/Challenge:
What is most thrilling about a MMORPG is the competition. There are very few competitions in this game.... Three of them that I can spot out of my mind. PvP, Battle Square, Emporia War.
PvP: Based on personal experience, this can be only fun if you make it fun. For example: Rim's Naked Pvp League
Battle Square- This can be competitive, but isn't because of bandwagon people who choose one side only.
Emporia War- This is the biggest competition in the game? We play this for the castle's rewards, but is it even possible to defend a two star castle? Why are there only two castles anyways?(This part might be changed later)
Leveling:
What i enjoyed about MMO's is leveling, the grind, the fun of dying so many times that you can laugh about it in the end. In relation to this game, I can say that the thrill leveling was KILLED because of F7 - You cannot die in this, thus you cannot lose exp. Do you remember your first time doing your 2nd job change? I remember how fun it was when i died 4 times to Lavalon. :)
Obtaining Items/Upgrading:
As of now, Emporia and F7 has piratically ruined this fun. I see many people with +20 gear, which was easily obtained within a week? Big Whoopy, you get your +20 item(s), but what are you going to do next?
Gold-in game currency:
Personally, I believe this was probably the most fun part about Dragon Saga- finding tactics to obtain gold as sufficient as possible. It's not hard obtaining gold, but you need the mentality and knowledge to do it.

Friends/Guilds:
This might explain a bit:
Posted Image
Just kidding. Having your friends/guild mates is probably one of the most enjoyable things you can have in this game. No need to explain.

This is all for now. I may think of more later, but I would like to know what you all think about this, and your answers too!

#2 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:49 AM

Can I has your account info? I promise I'll stop calling you a girl :)

After you +20 your gear, you random it (assuming it's legend already) until you have MAX of all the stats you want. Could possibly take you the rest of your ds life and break your bank...

#3 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:18 AM

After you +20 your gear, you random it (assuming it's legend already) until you have MAX of all the stats you want.

For what purpose?

Edited by Kazra, 25 April 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#4 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationStar 61 in the AOB 1337 Nebula
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

No, it feels like a perpetuated stress pit that doesn't allow you to reach any sort of endgame without stealing your soul, or your bank account first.

I enjoy balanced gameplay, campaigns, PvP characters you can create and readily have equipment available you can use (and create, free of charge, right from your PvP characters inventory window). PvE characters you have to shed blood sweat and patience for to work through 200 hour campaigns.
Armor that doesn't need to be upgraded past the addition of a rune and insignia that you can all readily purchase from an NPC after having pain stakingly farmed the materials necessary to forge it.
Weapons that are boss drops and wicked awesome, that you can farm or pick up with an endgame key in an endgame scenario.
Weapons that have affordable inscriptions and the like that can be bought from other players for perfectly reasonable prices or easily farmed out in PvE areas.
Scenarios, cut-scenes.
REAL storylines that are written in proper English. You know, the one's you don't have to guess at to understand.
Proper 3D graphics.
True FTP gameplay. The kind that doesn't involve selling your soul to satan for the money to purchase absolutely everything you require to advance. The kind that also doesn't charge you a monthly subscription fee, or whose producers don't rely on an item mall to feed their suedo corporate bellies.

But above all, what I enjoy in an MMORPG is the ability to have put in the months of work and have the BEST equipment to show for it - free of flipping charge.
Fun!
Excitement!
New content!

That is all.

I think.

Edited by Chrysanthemum, 25 April 2011 - 05:31 AM.

#5 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

To shove it in yurai's face :)

jk

#6 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:32 AM

No, it feels like a perpetuated stress pit that doesn't allow you to reach any sort of endgame without stealing your soul, or your bank account first.

lol ironically, this is exactly what makes something feel like an MMORPG to me :P

idk, i like hoarding gold, getting rares, and hanging out with friends

really dun care for much of anything else, i really don't like pvp

Edited by igozuvi, 25 April 2011 - 05:36 AM.

#7 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:37 AM

lol ironically, this is exactly what makes something feel like an MMORPG to me :)

Then you obviously haven't played a decent MMO. It's one thing to stress over having to farm or collect items, it's another to know there are rapid updates that are drastically going to change your gameplay and possibly have to waste money on an IM item or items to reskill or do God knows what else with your character.

Tyvm, I'll take the stress of knowing I play a game outside of Dragon Saga where I feel comfortable at the capable hands of it's game developers. :]

Lol, not to mention it's FTP for life.

#8 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:46 AM

Then you obviously haven't played a decent MMO.

I could say the same thing to you 8D

it's a matter of opinion gurl, dun worry about it

#9 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

Now-A days

GOOD GOD YOUR POINT IS INVALID

#10 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

1. Get to lvl 42
2. Run afk in f7
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

#11 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 03:36 PM

Can I has your account info? I promise I'll stop calling you a girl :)

After you +20 your gear, you random it (assuming it's legend already) until you have MAX of all the stats you want. Could possibly take you the rest of your ds life and break your bank...

I'm not racist Jen here:
Spoiler

But above all, what I enjoy in an MMORPG is the ability to have put in the months of work and have the BEST equipment to show for it - free of flipping charge.

+1!

GOOD GOD YOUR POINT IS INVALID

Yeah? What would you propose?

1. Get to lvl 42
2. Run afk in f7
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

5. Get to 70
6. ???????
7. Farm for gold AFK in town
8. *sighs* wait for next update.

Edited by sXcDennis, 26 April 2011 - 05:42 AM.

#12 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

I'm not racist Jen here:

Spoiler

+1!

5. Get to 70
6. ???????

I suggest you remove that immediately. That is disgustingly offensive and you are on a moderated forum.

#13 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:48 AM

Sounds like Dragon Saga :)

Edited by ImDiene, 26 April 2011 - 12:48 AM.

#14 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

I'm not racist Jen here:

Spoiler

+1!

5. Get to 70
6. ???????

did you just.... really?.....i find this extremely offensive and have reported it :|

Edited by Nolanvoid, 26 April 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#15 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:24 AM

Now a days?

I stand in libra and tell everyone how I hate them and everything about the game. No, I really do

#16 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:50 AM

Sounds like Dragon Saga :)

Sorry, you obviously missed the free of charge bit. I guess it must be nice to be able to buy your popularity. Teehee.

#17 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:27 AM

Sorry, you obviously missed the free of charge bit. I guess it must be nice to be able to buy your popularity. Teehee.

You obviously don't realize that some people haven't spent a single cent on this game.

#18 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

You obviously don't realize that some people haven't spent a single cent on this game.

Nah, I'm well aware of that fact. Doesn't change the fact you've got to work twice as hard as someone who does to get where you want to be though. I'd prefer an even playing ground.

#19 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

Nah, I'm well aware of that fact. Doesn't change the fact you've got to work twice as hard as someone who does to get where you want to be though. I'd prefer an even playing ground.

Then how does that make her oblivious to your statement that it should be free of charge? It doesn't change the fact that she got her gear in the amount of time you specified and didn't spend any money.

#20 Chrysanthemum

Chrysanthemum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

Then how does that make her oblivious to your statement that it should be free of charge? It doesn't change the fact that she got her gear in the amount of time you specified and didn't spend any money.

Oooooh for crying out loud bro. I'm sorry I offended you or your girlfriend with my comments regarding FTP MMOs.

#21 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:22 AM

Oooooh for crying out loud bro. I'm sorry I offended you or your girlfriend with my comments regarding FTP MMOs.

You didn't offend anyone. Your statements just don't match up.

#22 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:38 AM

1. Get to lvl 42
2. Run afk in f7
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

That couldnt be anymore wrong. F7 does make leveling a lot easier but it does not work like that.In order for it to run SOMEBODY's doing work, getting the defense order itself is work that you have to put in. If you afk, who's picking up the loots thus yielding profit? Also if you solo, you really only have around 10 stages that you can slack in the middle. Otherwise youd still need to pay attention to building/upgrade/buffs.

I really dont see f7 being a big problem. Here is why:

Experience: Yes its faster but youre still getting around 20-40% per hour run[depending on exp buffs and such] and each run is around an hour. I'd still take around 81 hours straight to go from 42-70. If you're a casual gamer who can spend 3hours a day grinding that takes 27 days to achieve. I don't approve of grinding hours and hours of the same mobs in VC for months and months to reach endgame.

Profit yaddiyaddyda: Hour of f7 gets you like 100g + maybe another 50-100g off weapon powders. 200g a run, you could make a lot more gold doing something else. All this does is provide newbs with some way of obtaining golds for necessary spending while they level.

Flooding economy with weapon/armor powders :
High level overachievers/perfectionist will still get their hax up gears and weap regardless of the drops. This just allow more people to join in on that high end bracket creating more competition[ Nude pvp ftw anyways]. Besides with the powders being cheaper/easier to obtain it gives the newer peeps a chance to upgrade their stuffs and compete or even run through later dungeon more smoothly. If anything the fault should be placed in the developers for increasing upgrade cap to 20 instead of 15.

Rare mob drops more common now: Most of those drops are useless and replaced. No life mob campers widen power/wealth gap anyways.

Here's the biggie. F7 ruins PvE experience:
If you're a PvE player then you enjoy exploration and experimenting the game world and don't care much for competing at end game. With this being said you shouldnt be in f7 whenever youre logged on anyways. I don't see how this ruins PvE for you. You can still go about doing your quests and trying all the dungeons. If you choose the more speedy leveling path via f7 then obviously you want to reach endgame asap to compete in PvP/EW, in that case PvE shouldnt matter to you so much.

#23 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:01 PM

1. Get to lvl 42
2. Run afk in f7
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!

That couldnt be anymore wrong. F7 does make leveling a lot easier but it does not work like that.In order for it to run SOMEBODY's doing work, getting the defense order itself is work that you have to put in.

The reason why I only F7 solo or with close friends is because some people do not give a flying whoop about how rude it is to mooch off someone else's work. They will AFK regardless of who is doing work.

Maronu's statement is not entirely false lol at least not for arses who don't care about being rude (and they are rampant)

Edited by igozuvi, 26 April 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#24 BigCU

BigCU

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

Those people are only able to mooch cause you or the rest of the party allow them to. If you dont want to be mooched off of just remove towers and exit. Form a new party and blacklist that person.

The reason Maronu's post is false is that he claims one can just reach 42 and get something out of nothing. Thats not at all the case. The only reason why youd beable to benefit off of f7 without doing work is if people allowed you to, meaning theyre willing to work in your place. If that was the case its call leeching/pleveling which can be applied to many scenarios outside of f7.

Edited by BigCU, 26 April 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#25 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

It's not inaccurate. If you build properly, you can just afk for 10 minutes, upgrade the tower, and go afk for another 10-20 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users