The Arsenal: Knuckles and 1H Melee Weapons - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Arsenal: Knuckles and 1H Melee Weapons

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

Of course these are not druid only weapons. I speak of these weapons mostly concerning druids but this guide may be used for any other class or race interested in them. :)
Posted Image

KNUCKLES

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For starters, the only knucks that matter are those from Ruinhorn(L.67) and up. Knuckles are great for avengers and druids. I cannot specifically speak for avengers but as a druid these are perfect for what we need. Avengers may want to carry around a launcher aswell for certain skills. Once resistance is maxed or close to maxed without a shield or TB launcher these are the superior pvp weapons. Knuckles add greater hp and even though their damage may be lower, they come with skill crit and scad. This makes them overall better choices damage wise. Here are images and a run down of all the knuckles from Ruinhorn's to Tyrant's.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

SCAD is an acronym for skill critical addional damage. You will see this mentioned often. SCAD is one of the biggest perks for using knuckles. Something druids would be in dire need of and which bludgeons, or as I like to call hammers, cannot supply.
CON (constitution) Every CON is 5 HP

Ruinhorn's Twisted Knuckles
Posted Image

These up MND, HP, and SCAD. Great for toying with at lower levels. As can be seen they give excellent HP. Great until you land that Carus pair you've been eying. Remember not to use knucks until you have maxed resistances. I'm sure it's possible to tank Ruinhorn around these levels, these knucks are a need.

Biskra's Knuckles of Intense Trembling
Posted Image
These up MND, HP Recovery, and SCAD. Bad set, skip them. Ruinhorn's add not only SCAD but HP. The MND and HP Recovery on these isn't worth much, however the overall HP gained from these is close enough to compete with the RH's. As long as you don't plan on going over the tenth reinforcement level these are just as valuable as the RH's. Both sets look nice too :)

Doom Cheras' Quirk of Fates
Posted Image
These up MND, Skill Crit, and SCAD. This makes them the best set damage wise just as Xenovia's Symbol is the best dps wand. This weapon is perfect for those in very high HP S1 armor with poor dps. These are the only carus pair not to up HP/CON but they are the only pair of knuckles period to up skill crit. I would love to use such a set but I'm in need of more HP as well.

Lord Werinuman's Death Pains
Posted Image
These up CON, MND, and SCAD but come with static skill crit chance which makes them one of the two better balanced pairs. I use these personally since I sport The 66 everlasting set. They are great for the HP while still giving me some skill crit. The SCAD is a big need in S1 gear. If you could possibly get a hold of the Erunil Tower crit ball then skipping this set may be a good idea.

Plugger's or Robo's Knuckles of Control
Posted Image
These up MND, HP, and SCAD. This makes them the second of the two best balanced pairs. These add more HP overall than does the Death Pains but they lack the skill critical stat. The HP difference is 14 per reinforcement as these up 44 HP and the Death Pains up 6 CON which is 30 HP. By +10 these will be 140 HP higher, with slightly higher base damage, a bit more resistance, but no skill critical chance. Still a good set for Mirona or Schutils users since those armor sets have good skill crit. If you could possibly get a hold of the Erunil Tower crit ball then perhaps you should consider skipping this set. Still a good choice though since it does give SCAD up.

Tyrant's Knuckles of Soul Reposing
Posted Image
These up CON, MND, and HP. These are the best HP wise as can be seen for they are the only pair to increase both CON and HP. The best to wear while tanking and perfect if you fight in a full FOC Mirona armor set. This is on the opposite end of the knuckle spectrum where they are HP heavy and DPS light. Should be paired with High DPS low HP gears. However that is not a rule, you can pair your gears and armor how you like ;) This set with an Erunil Tower crit ball is a great match up.

Extras

L.79 Erunil Tower Knucks
Posted Image
The main stat may be different depending on your luck. MND, CON, STR, INT, and DEX are your options. To get the uncursed form takes much luck as chances are extremely low to switch it over. If uncursing fails your weapon will break. ET is a long and rough raid, obtaining these may take much time. The CON and STR sets would be good for druids, It's believed that they up "8 [STAT]/48 HP/6 SCAD." These sets would be better than the other knucks on the HP end of the spectrum if you were even considering them because not only do the ET knucks add more the most HP but they also add SCAD. The ET knucks still lack any sort of skill crit however they are still very good knucks dps-wise. Arguably the best knuckles in game just at the cursed stage.

L.65 Theme Battle Reward Knuckles of the Infinite
Best for those few druids who do not plan to level out of this bracket in the near future(otherwise they should grab themselves a shield). These knuckles are perfect for this level; they up resistance only but come along with good HP. A better option than the hammer and shield combo mainly because of the slower cost, time spent getting it, and HP. The SCAD is slightly less and the skill crit is .49% less.

Comparison/Continued Break Down
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

From the combo would come more crit as mentioned above and more SCAD. More SCAD you say? Yes INT adds one scad point per 5 INT. The combo has 42 SCAD however the shield has 21 INT which boosts the total gained SCAD to 46. Not a huge gain, since the dps stats are so similar between the combo and the knucks, the knucks win for the extra HP gained. Something needed on those squishy 65ers.

Analysis of these sections coming soon. Help in finding better screenshots is very much appreciated.

AXES
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
One of the two pve weapons for grinding your druid. Axes come with physical crit chance and the dex stat. Druid wise for pve a high hp weapon is not needed. Only moderate hp is needed for pve grinding which is 5k plus. Cry of Will, the fascination set, and an axe come together well to make you excellent dps for any raid or grind party. Soon you'll be out dps'ing your sin rivals :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ruinhorn's Twisted Axe
Posted Image
The perfect weapon for grinding your cute baby druid. It ups HP something you are undoubtedly low in at this moment. Also supplies physical crit to aid you in knocking down those mobs :)

Biskra's Trench Axe
Posted Image
A good set as well. It does not come with HP increase but it does have higher base HP and comes with CON. If you don't pan on taking the rare weapon you chose over +10 either Biskra or RH are great choices. The large HP dif comes in after many reinforcements of the RH set.

Doom Cheras' Bloody Wound
Posted Image
Ups both crit rates and DEX. Lowest base damage of the carus axes and it also doesn't up CON. Skip it. We don't need skill crit for grind anyway :)

Lord Werinumen's Summon of Blood
Posted Image
A nice choice, the DEX and CON increase as well as the physical crit. Comes with static skill crit but we don't need that ;)

Robo/Plugger's Axe of Control
Posted Image
Increase DEX, HP, and physical crit. These also have higher base damage than the LW set. This is the set any druid should shoot for for grinding purposes.

Tyrant's Axe of Soul Reposing
Posted Image
Tyrant weapons are always HP or MP heavy but lower in dps. It is no different here, the soul reposing axe increases CON, DEX, and HP; it leaves physical crit out of its list. We don't need super HP for grind, we have high defense and can do well with moderate HP. Focus on dps for pve weapon choice and get your HP from your armor.

For pvp this is a good choice. It is more damage than the sword but less than the bludgeon. The HPs are higher than the bludgeon and equal to the sword.

Edited by Syre, 30 July 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#2 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

Need help gathering up to date sword, axe, and bludgeon photos please :) All kinda from ruinhorn up to tyrant. Even Erunil I suppose. Ones I have atm are not up to date. Axes and swords all come with magic damage now correct?

BLUDGEONS
intro

Ruinhorn's Twisted Hammer
Posted Image

Bitchkra's Rainstorm Hammer
Posted Image

Doom Cheras' Pion's Bliss
Posted Image

Lord Werinuman's Decision of Karma
Posted Image

Robo/Plugger's Control Hammer
Posted Image

Tyrant's Soul Repose Hammer
Posted Image

SWORDS
intro

Ruinhorn's Twisted Sword
Posted Image

Biskra's Poison Tooth
Posted Image

Doom Cheras' Kalion
Posted Image

Lord Werinuman's Dark Blade
Posted Image

Robo/Plugger's Control Sword
Posted Image

Tyrant's Soul Reposing Sword
Posted Image

Erunil's Dead Man Sword
Posted Image

Thanks For Looking :)
Posted Image
Thank you Dayana/Wendala, xuux, Naema/Motuus, Tally, Sady, Coors/Maero, and Makokokokoko for help.

Edited by Syre, 30 July 2011 - 10:47 PM.

#3 Mortuus

Mortuus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1911 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:59 AM

Just need bisk knucks now

And the 79 ones to complete it. Even if not many will have the chance to get a pair of them.

#4 netsniper

netsniper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:23 AM

all take 70 weps they are best

#5 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

And the 79 ones to complete it. Even if not many will have the chance to get a pair of them.

Hm yea I suppose. Don't believe anyone would have screenie of those though. I know there is that +30 uncursed screenie laying around but I'd rather insert something more realistic.

all take 70 weps they are best

Go away :) You just want everyone to be squishy.

#6 Mortuus

Mortuus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1911 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:None

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hm yea I suppose. Don't believe anyone would have screenie of those though.

Posted Image

Not the CON version but works I guess. Adds 8 [STAT]/48 HP/6 SCAD if I'm correct.

#7 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:27 PM

Thanks, updated.

#8 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:14 AM

o.o u made a guide, a nice one. me likey <_<

#9 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:25 AM

you dont choose the knuckles, the knuckle chooses you. o.o

#10 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:51 AM

Bisky ones

Posted Image

Nice guide :wub: Thanks for the effort!

I use shield and swords atm for tanking mainly because of block rate, but definitely a knuckle fan otherwise!

Edited by tally, 01 May 2011 - 01:52 AM.

#11 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Bisky ones

Posted Image

Nice guide :wub: Thanks for the effort!

I use shield and swords atm for tanking mainly because of block rate, but definitely a knuckle fan otherwise!

Thanks a lot mate. Block rates and block defense are rather crappy for us, knucks all the way I would say.

#12 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

1h axe + tbf magic shield or gtfo -_-

#13 Fimbul

Fimbul

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

not sure if they are so usefull for avanger. maybe if u only wanna be trap-dealer. but escape, debuffs, aoe and normal LR dmg with weapon debuffs maybe are not that unimportant in pve or raids.

but think about using if for a rad maybe. the magic dmg isnt bad, hp to survive the boss aoes etc better and scad...not that worse

#14 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

they're good for avenger. I use control knucks + T gun. coz of the magic dmg the traps hit much higher. + u can put SRDD in them and help ur ST pet kill w/o using bullets ;o

#15 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

what a waste of tyrant gun

#16 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

what a waste of tyrant gun

Posted Image

#17 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

i was joking and using someone else's catchphrase doesn't make you cool~

#18 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:37 AM

i was joking and using someone else's catchphrase doesn't make you cool~

Posted Image

#19 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

another one *sigh*

#20 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:51 AM

another one *sigh*

Posted Image

#21 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

not sure if they are so usefull for avanger. maybe if u only wanna be trap-dealer. but escape, debuffs, aoe and normal LR dmg with weapon debuffs maybe are not that unimportant in pve or raids.

but think about using if for a rad maybe. the magic dmg isnt bad, hp to survive the boss aoes etc better and scad...not that worse

Yea Fim that's why I said "Avengers may want to carry around a launcher aswell for certain skills."

#22 EvilClaws

EvilClaws

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

swords , awesome for druid now :3

#23 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

swords , awesome for druid now :3

I suppose I'll make a cover on swords, axes, and bludgeons. Swords are actually not that awesome though. Knuckles still greater for pvp as I said in opening statements. Axe is excellent choice for pve though. Sword would be good because it is one handed but can give a lot of hp. Opens option of continues use of tb shield or something else. Good tanking choice too.

Actually seems Tyrant sword + TB shield is better pvp combo than Tyrant knuckles if you are going for HP heavy. I reevaluate things later though.

Edited by Syre, 19 May 2011 - 01:51 AM.

#24 EvilClaws

EvilClaws

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Faildes

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

Sword is good cuz its work like knuckes on activation skills , i tested on my elem these days , the atacks like raging and absorving energy is x 2 the dmg , for example , with a wand i crit 1100 with raging strike with sword i crit close to 3 k , lol.
Thiking on that swords that give con and str + tb shield that gives a lot of surviability and pretty close to same dmg as knucke.

#25 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:17 PM

Nah it's a bug. No way sword does 3k damage. I'm 100% sure of this without even testing.

Edited by Syre, 19 May 2011 - 01:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users