Hide&Seek Event rounds and prizes - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Hide&Seek Event rounds and prizes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Well, I think there are some great Hide&Seek rounds and prizes that have come up such as:

(1) 1zeny HE battle manuals, gums and MVP boxes vending in pront
(2) free upgrading from +7 to +8
(3) rounds using sequences like "A=1 B=2 C=3, so find me at "19 15 21 20 8 16 18 15 14 20" (south pront)
(4) Relay race, or protect the newb, where you guide a newb out of a dungeon and back to a city

However! I would like to know which types of rounds and prizes people have enjoyed the most, and also any suggestions for types of games in the future. Just to fit in between the regular rounds of Hide&Seek to spice things up.

Thanks all!

#2 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

how about in valk? lol!

#3 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

valk woe realm :) no prob!

#4 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:13 PM

weh! valk server i meant... :)

#5 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:50 AM

weh! valk server i meant... :)

You could always start the same kind of movement on Valkyrie server. Nothing stopping someone from doing the same on other servers. Ultimate is just a player on Ymir with some initiative and a lot of generosity :)

@Topic: You could do some sort of competitions that involve the minigames in RO. Like a survival round at Kunlun Monster Arena. Or the other games areas like Aldebaran Turbo Track, Izlude Arena, Hugel Bingo/Races, Poring Wars etc.
http://irowiki.org/w...egory:Minigames

Kunlun is little-known and maybe the monsters are a bit easy now though (they should probably add a set of summons for 3rd classers, but you could restrict it to newbies):
http://folk.ntnu.no/...ena_Quest#Arena

Edited by soudou, 26 April 2011 - 03:57 AM.

#6 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:23 AM

Not sure how well this would work, but, on a map with a lot of looting monsters (pay_fild04 maybe?) Drop an item or two which people would love (as you've been doing). And its pretty much who can find the poring/Poporing/drops carrying the item you dropped. Spawns are high in pay_fild04 which is why I suggested it, any other map with looters would work.

#7 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 26 April 2011 - 07:58 AM

Not sure how well this would work, but, on a map with a lot of looting monsters (pay_fild04 maybe?) Drop an item or two which people would love (as you've been doing). And its pretty much who can find the poring/Poporing/drops carrying the item you dropped. Spawns are high in pay_fild04 which is why I suggested it, any other map with looters would work.

If the monster goes on to loot other stuff whatever you dropped for it will get erased.
Ultimate did do an event where he dropped loads of cheap cards on Poring Island and it was some fun chaos. But I can imagine many cards were lost due to the monsters picking up the Jellopy and other crap of nearby Porings being killed. And there was no way to know when all the cards were found either with no way to track.
Posted Image

Edited by soudou, 26 April 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#8 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

(1) 1zeny HE battle manuals, gums and MVP boxes vending in pront
(2) free upgrading from +7 to +8
(3) rounds using sequences like "A=1 B=2 C=3, so find me at "19 15 21 20 8 16 18 15 14 20" (south pront)
(4) Relay race, or protect the newb, where you guide a newb out of a dungeon and back to a city

1. I've never really understood this. Are the venders like regular people who volunteer mixed into the giant mob of people in prontera, or are they in random areas? Inside buildings? I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking for. Besides that, I think the concept is good.

2. Seems like there's a lot of error for things to go wrong... people stealing items, d/c during upgrading, etc... plus this really relies on a glitch in the upgrading system, yeah? Idk about this.

3. Seems OK

4. Protect the noob > relay race, especially with the vast differences in speed (agi->peco->cart boost). Maybe have a novice summon DBs and you try to protect him from whatever spawns?

#9 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

"...how about in valk?"

Anyone can post a screenshot on this thread and specify that they are hiding on Valk server. The game is intended to be open to anyone, but in the meantime I have the most items and the most accessibility to Ymir server.

"...Drop an item or two which people would love....And its pretty much who can find the poring/Poporing/drops carrying the item you dropped..."

I will use this next Saturday :) As a side note: I'm learning some new things about how the item-eating monsters work. It is possible to drop one or two items, but the problems happens when you drop too many items - the map seems to just wipe out all the items stored and restores back to default.

1. I've never really understood this.
2. Seems like there's a lot of error for things to go wrong...
4. ...Maybe have a novice summon DBs and you try to protect him from whatever spawns?

1.) It's just me on a bunch of alt accounts selling my items for 1z, anywhere in prontera city outside buildings, usually mixed in with the crowd
2.) upgrading has no problem, just a new type of reward ^^
3.) thanks!
4.) that's the idea - the only time I tried this the first group of people (party of 7) to find the novice in Prontera Culvert had to guide her back to pront, through a mess of dbs and an MVP.

...You could do some sort of competitions that involve the minigames in RO.

Kunlun sounds like a great place for me to check out. Thanks!

Edited by Ultimate, 26 April 2011 - 12:59 PM.

#10 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

How about reward items that can be traded to boxter? Like taurus/rune hats and spiritual augers. Maybe give each winner enough to trade in for 1 box?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users