From newbie to third class - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

From newbie to third class

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 treyu

treyu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

Hello everybody!

I am an old iRO player (played almost 2 years at 2004-2005 with my knight which I almost levelled to trascended), and I am willing to try the game again. I have been readingthe forums, all the changes etc for a month, and now I feel like starting from zero again (probably going to start with a new archer class). What I would like to know is if any vet can tell me, more or less, how much time would it take to level from zero to the new third class. Not that I have any problem with grinding as I come from playing RO at its most grinding period, but I would like to know more or less how the game has change in that aspect and more or less, the time needed to be 3rd class as I heard it is the only way of being viable in PvP now.

thanks in advance!

#2 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:28 AM

It took me about 3weeks to 1 month to get from beginning to 102/10 where I am now on my Shadow Chaser. 4 days from 0 to 99 Rogue, (2x exp event at 90-99) Then another two-three weeks or so to get to 99 stalker, and 102 took me like 2days.

You can't get more then about 3% each monster now, regardless of level, so no more killing one Geographer at level 20 to level up 10 levels. But you also need a lot less to get to 99, at least thats what it feels like. Even though it seems like the exp the monsters give differs very little from monster to monster, lv 70 monsters gives like 300 less the lv 80 ones.
Slow in the beginning, fast in the end.~

Edited by meaning42, 26 April 2011 - 09:31 AM.

#3 treyu

treyu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

It took me about 3weeks to 1 month to get from beginning to 102/10 where I am now on my Shadow Chaser. 4 days from 0 to 99 Rogue, (2x exp event at 90-99) Then another two-three weeks or so to get to 99 stalker, and 102 took me like 2days.

You can't get more then about 3% each monster now, regardless of level, so no more killing one Geographer at level 20 to level up 10 levels. But you also need a lot less to get to 99, at least thats what it feels like. Even though it seems like the exp the monsters give differs very little from monster to monster, lv 70 monsters gives like 300 less the lv 80 ones.
Slow in the beginning, fast in the end.~

Ok, thanks for the info mate, really appreciated. So playing casual, it will take me like 2-3 months, which I find totally fine. I remember playing hardcore mode back in 2004-2005 and I could not get even to trascended so I see RO has change a lot in that sense. Thanks again, I will pay a VIP subscription and start from zero today! :)

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

If you go archer, and you want a useful and effective third job, don't go hunter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users