Couple things I want in a Box Event - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Couple things I want in a Box Event

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

Linen Glove [1] Decent gear that isn't game breaking but definitely rarer than it should be. I'm sure there are plenty that would spam some boxes to get their hands on a pair of these.

Muka Arm- Lower headgear, Sucking this limb gives a strangely bitter taste. 10% chance to drop prickly fruit.

It seems obvious we are a LONG way off from getting any type of spawn changes to address the rarity of Beholder spawns. So why not just make a headgear that helps out? Good way for others to make zeny and can be the new spare card killer.

Any other suggestions? Go for it lol.

#2 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:44 PM

10% droprate for an item that heals 150-300 hp, 20-30 SP and allows genetics to spam their skills?

Yeah, that's gonna be balanced.

#3 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:59 PM

I want slot ads to be in boxter. qq

#4 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

10% droprate for an item that heals 150-300 hp, 20-30 SP and allows genetics to spam their skills?

Yeah, that's gonna be balanced.

/swt I wish people actually knew anything about the skills before they say silly things. What's spammable about ANY of the genetic skills that uses Thorny Seed?

Wall of Thorns, only ONE can be active at a time. PERIOD. Even if it get's turned to fire, still can't cast another until that one is gone. Also the damage is very low compared to any of the other main genetic skills.

Crazy Weed, again 5 second reuse delay that CANNOT BE REDUCED. Please show me how to spam such a skill. Long cast time and damage output it not as high as other skills that can be used by genetic.

Thorn Trap, really? Skill that is disabled in woe, causes MVP's to teleport, and highly impractical to use for normal pvm leveling. Also, destroys trap if target is hit with fire attack, just like fibrelock but without the damage increase.

So let's discuss this OP healing of hp/sp that it does. Green Ales 20-25k (heals half hp/sp), 1 prickly fruit 50k (heals 300hp/30sp AT BEST). Do I even need to elaborate on this?

People like you should never speak about game balance b/c you just don't know what it is.

#5 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:37 PM

Posted Image Hurricane Fury[1] as an A Rank or S Rank item.

Posted Image Paw Of Cat [0] (Enables use of Level 1 Cat Cry; FLEE + 5, AGI + 1) as an B Rank or A Rank item.

Posted Image 3x Very Soft Plant (Leaf Cat Pet Tame) as a C Rank or B rank item.

Edited by WanderingCat, 26 April 2011 - 11:40 PM.

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:00 AM

chippendale dancers

Boxes that will really make you feel lucky tonight~

Edited by Sera, 27 April 2011 - 12:02 AM.

#7 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

Princess Knife.
Now this thread screwed.

#8 fearfulways

fearfulways

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:40 AM

i want jellopies from boxes as class B. and also diabolus gears while you're at it. their not game breaking, just too lazy to hunt.

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:51 AM

I'm surprised nobody's brought up wanting to see GR's in the boxes. :)

#10 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

Incubus tames

#11 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

beef heads

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

Ugh! Bad, bad, bad idea!

Problem: Linen gloves, while supposed to be rare, are virtually unobtainable.

Bad proposed solution: Put them in lucky boxes.

Let us examine the problem more closely. Why are they neigh unobtainable? Because they're dropped at a low rate (that's fine, they're supposed to be rare), by a difficult monster (again, that's fine, lots of rare items drop from hard monsters, and beholder masters still crumble in the face of any half-competent third job character). So what's the problem?
The problem is that the spawn rate of Beholder Masters in rachel GD is garbage. Actually, the spawn rate of EVERYTHING in valf GD is garbage. Same with juno GD, for that matter.

Good proposed solution: Increase spawn of monsters in valf and juno guild dungeons, by a factor of 3-5. Consider increasing the level of the monsters on the map, so that they will provide good exp for mid-third-job leveled characters.
Thus, instead of cutting out another part of the real game and replacing it with the kafra shop, we'd solve the problem, and also make the spawn in the woe2 GD's high enough that it's worth going there!

Problem: Hurricane Fury is expensive.
(Why is HF so expensive? There is no shortage of them in existence; Gloom has been camped pretty much non-stop for years, and the server population isn't that high - and don't even get me started the bloody bloody branches.
So why is HF so expensive? Because it's REALLY REALLY GOOD! FFS, it's the best non-god-item weapon for multiple purposes. The "Best you can get" should be expensive. It's not like there aren't other high attack level 4 weapons that can be used as a poor man's substitute, at the cost of some damage.

Bad proposed solution: Put them in lucky boxes.

Good solution: Wait until the next major update, Scaraba Hole, which will add an MVP which drops them at what I am told is a considerably higher rate than Gloom Under Night. Makes me wish you could short-sell things in RO (Anyone want to lend me a few hurricane furies, and i'll give them back in 6 months? *crickets* Nobody? Didn't think so)

On the other hand, I don't have a problem with Wandering Cat's other suggestions:

Paw Of Cat [0] (Enables use of Level 1 Cat Cry; FLEE + 5, AGI + 1) as an B Rank or A Rank item. (I'd say A rank - it's a niche item that most people wouldn't have much interest in, so if it was B-rank, it'd build up on the market and get worthless, though it's good for flee classes)
Of course, it'd be even better if we got the whole cute little quest with this one, but iirc, it was for the year of the rat (for which we got a different delightfully unbalanced event).

Very Soft Plant (Leaf Cat Pet Tame) as a C Rank or B rank item. (I'd say C-rank, like other pet tames - we've got a huge reservoir of pets to choose from, so lets throw some more pets in. They don't hurt game balance, they're essentially consumable, and some people like them. So why not?)

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 April 2011 - 08:54 AM.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:09 AM

UHG @ thread.

#14 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

ideas

In a perfect world that sounds great Azzy. But this is iRO.

Want the GM's to address some issues? Talk about giving them some money.

Want to get roundly ignored? Talk about issues ingame that don't make a profit.

Or better yet, just post in the recycle bin.

Asking for spawn changes that don't gain immediate profits is pissing in the wind these days. The only spawn changes I have noticed are the "events" that push for people to pay more money. I pity those that leveled on these maps before hand without VIP as now they only get 85% of what they used to.

Lol they are trying to figure out how to put mvp card effects in the kafra shop. I think your concerns about end game content are better placed elsewhere.

#15 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

In a perfect world that sounds great Azzy. But this is iRO.

Want the GM's to address some issues? Talk about giving them some money.

Want to get roundly ignored? Talk about issues ingame that don't make a profit.

Or better yet, just post in the recycle bin.

Asking for spawn changes that don't gain immediate profits is pissing in the wind these days. The only spawn changes I have noticed are the "events" that push for people to pay more money. I pity those that leveled on these maps before hand without VIP as now they only get 85% of what they used to.

Lol they are trying to figure out how to put mvp card effects in the kafra shop. I think your concerns about end game content are better placed elsewhere.

We do need to monetize the game so we can stay in business but a bigger goal than a temp "sale of awesome" is to create a long term stable system with more users staying longer and inviting more players to join in. But I can not lose sight of the fact that at some point revenue must be made, just made fairly is the key, giving new stuff that players want is great, but also finding the stuff that players don't realize they want yet and offering that is also great.

#16 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

things I don't want: anything S rank
once you start making more ranks, you're never gonna stop.

#17 WanderingCat

WanderingCat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • LocationWandering
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Princess Knife.
Now this thread screwed.

Hey I personally liked Princess Knife, I'm glad they put it in and I got one during the time. :)

#18 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:25 AM

Pet Tames overall...
Maybe even a Pet-Box special *-*
There are so many cool pets (Incubus, Succubus, Leaf Cat, Deleter, Goblins, Civil Servant, Diabolic, Marionette (wanna have her back q.q), Whisper, Metaller, Stone Shooter, Wicked Nymph, Wanderer, Imp, Golem, Nightmare Terror, Medusa, Green Maiden, Bascojin, Loli Ruri, Goblin Leader, Dullahan, Miyabi Doll, Shinobi)
They don't harm, they're beloved and the boxes will definatly sell!
Maybe even put them in as eggs directly and it will sell x3
Please, give us pets! <_<

#19 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

^ As long as their feed is easy to get. I used to hate having to get red gemstones for my Hunter Fly.

#20 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

Pet Tames overall...
Maybe even a Pet-Box special *-*
There are so many cool pets (Incubus, Succubus, Leaf Cat, Deleter, Goblins, Civil Servant, Diabolic, Marionette (wanna have her back q.q), Whisper, Metaller, Stone Shooter, Wicked Nymph, Wanderer, Imp, Golem, Nightmare Terror, Medusa, Green Maiden, Bascojin, Loli Ruri, Goblin Leader, Dullahan, Miyabi Doll, Shinobi)
They don't harm, they're beloved and the boxes will definatly sell!
Maybe even put them in as eggs directly and it will sell x3
Please, give us pets! <_<

Yes please. We don't even have a fraction of the most useful pets, even though you probably want them for their kawaii-ness.

#21 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:26 AM

knowing them they would do a pet box special for tames so you would have to buy more with maybe an s rank of a rare pet

Edited by Andini, 28 April 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Pet box wouldn't sell well i don't think. Pets alone aren't enough to motivate players to buy boxes, at least not most players.

Better to make the tames drop from normal lucky boxes. The economy will take care of the distribution of the tames to players who like pets. Just don't make them boxterable, otherwise, nobody will "waste" them taming a pet :-/ . That's what I hate about boxter, she makes the items too expensive to use for their intended purpose.

#23 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

I agree about the new pets, that would be really nice. Just make sure you give us a way to feed them also.
When wanderers first came out, if you ran out of the pet food that the tames came with, you were SOL they til finally added a way to make the food.

I would rather see the tames in the lucky boxes rather than eggs.
It may be a pain sometimes to tame the things, but when succubus and wanderer pets came out, you saw alot of parties having fun together trying to tame the monsters.

Edited by FullSmile, 28 April 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#24 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

I still like my idea that they have scroll activated turn-in quests that give more experience than a normal turn-in quest would, and are not directly dependent on seasonal events other than the means of obtaining the scrolls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users