What would be YOUR perfect Rose. - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

What would be YOUR perfect Rose.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ddt0

ddt0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:leonis

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

If we all had the magical touch to make rose the game we all believe it could be, What would that look like, Here are my top 10, What is yours.

REMEMBER THIS IS MY PERFECT WORLD. i guess......
To each is own.

10.No refine limit
9.Pet system. good doggy
8.Player government system (only to ban Zulie spammers who make it imposable to chat)
7.Active GM's in game (this raises moral) what if we had an event were all the player vs zeppline in a ridiculous match in TG, and IF you can kill him you get 100 IM points.
6.Better events not recycled ideas.
5.A better vending system were were shopping is not visiting everyone shop. I want Shop button were all the players items they want to sell are all there in one search-able(?)window.
4.Faster development of content NOT focused on ROI.
3.More PVP based game play were the powerful and skillful players rise to the top.
2.More gear, give us something to work towards to spend our real money trying to refine.
1.More people (advertise,make a referral IM bonus system for getting your REAL! friends playing rose)

Edited by ddt0, 27 April 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#2 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:21 PM

+1
I really liked most of the ideas,
Actualy the Pet System 1 is really interesting. <_<

#3 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

MY PERFECT ROSE
1- every time i got on all of rose would drop to their knees and beg 2b bossed around
2- a statue of me killing a lion
3-more people
4-a statue of seb getting mauled by the lion i killed
5-everything was free and somehow rose got money
6-new gear andarmor
7-new jobs/ 3rd jobs
8-astatue of me:D
screw it heres a link...
http://forums.warppo...726#entry392726

#4 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

If we all had the magical touch to make rose the game we all believe it could be, What would that look like, Here are my top 10, What is yours.

To each is own.

10.Cheaper IM (better than your competitors that sell zulie)
9.Pet system. good doggy
8.Player government system (only to ban Zulie spammers who make it imposable to chat)
7.Active GM's in game (this raises moral) what if we had an event were all the player vs zeppline in a ridiculous match in TG, and IF you can kill him you get 100 IM points.
5.A better vending system were were shopping is not visiting everyone shop. I want Shop button were all the players items they want to sell are all there in one search-able(?)window.
4.Faster development of content NOT focused on ROI. (5m if you can find out what i mean)
3.More PVP based game play were the powerful and skillful players rise to the top.
2.More gear, give us something to work towards to spend our real money trying to refine.
1.More people (advertise,make a referral IM bonus system for getting your REAL! friends playing rose)

ROI=Rose online income???

I like most of these ideas. 7 made me lol but i would LOOOVVVEEE to have an event centered on the Mods <_<

#5 ddt0

ddt0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:39 PM

ROI=Rose online income???

I like most of these ideas. 7 made me lol but i would LOOOVVVEEE to have an event centered on the Mods <_<

Accounting term call: Return On Investment.

#6 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

To each is own.

10.Cheaper IM (better than your competitors that sell zulie)
9.Pet system. good doggy
4.Faster development of content NOT focused on ROI. (5m if you can find out what i mean)

4- return on investment :> (written before you put your answer in as I was making this biggass post)

My perfect world?

a> a re-render of the graphics to entice a new and younger crowd into the game.

b> more advertising to bring in new meat...er impressionable players. Send out emails to accounts that are inactive. Send out item mall points to people offline 6 months or more. Get some people back into the game. This is a MASSIVE thing. They need to get things rolling again...it's so stagnant...don't just rely on cheap little things...spend some fake emoney and buy your users back into the game. Run a promo of 100-500 item mall points to come back...it costs you nothing and it brings back the potential for more money.

c> a much better rapport between users and developers...the current system has the developers sequestered in an ivory tower where they drop bread crumbs of updates whatever or whenever they want. Their accountability is nil with regards to the player base.

d> user assistance in the actual updating of the game. There are people who play who would *LOVE* to assist in the development of the game...FREE. They would not only assist in speeding up development but also provide a hands on approach to what users really want. I imagine that it really would not be hard to provide a framework for them to safely help.

e> much better communication between the devs and the users. The big massive document put out when basically everyone was going to quit after the big stupid update(328) was THE FIRST document i've ever seen that listed specific goals and situations. Every single bloody dumb idiotic stupid thing we're told is *ALWAYS* "the development team is looking into or the development team is working on or the development team is considering"....it's like smoke and mirrors...nothing is EVER concrete.

f> your 1. is VERY good...the game needs many more vectors of getting more people into the game and KEEPING them there. There doesn't seem to be anything in the Gravity arsenal that is bent on RETENTION of users. There is this "join if you want or quit it doesn't really seem to matter to us" feel to how they do business. YES you have to make money but you also need to keep players in the game and entice other ones. If you increase your userbase, you increase the number of people who will invest on your game. If you panic and keep making Item Mall content to pummel people into buying, yes they are going to buy that content but those people are going to bleed off before you are in serious financial peril. As of right now, naROSE is doing their business backwards...make the people happy, they will invest...trust in that. Right now, the user base is shrinking because all naROSE is doing is item mall item mall item mall in an effort to make money and they are ultimately alienating a ton of us from wanting to buy anything at all!

g> a sense of urgency...I know I keep harping but Orlo has been a disaster for over 2 months now. Countless users and posts have submitted and it should have been crystal clear on day +2 after the big stupid update that beside the xp being unacceptable, the drops on orlo were also unacceptable. They could have fixed it so quickly...even if only to temporarily keep people somewhat happy...they actually made things WORSE...nerfing ghosts and then making lisents drop even LESS. As of now and including this update, NOTHING has been done to keep level 220 players playing the game. This has a WTF value of 11ty billion. There have been MANY who have quit over this, yet it's still not done. Every single game has limited potential as far as how long it lives, how many people it draws and keeps...naROSE has unceremoniously turfed countless users over the years needlessly that could have been avoided if the development team wasn't entrenched behind 12 feet of titanium wall...plugging away on their own, at their own time without nearly enough direct input from the people who have to live with their work. This point isn't just about Orlo...it's about player balancing that is out of whack for 6 months before they take 2 hours to fix it...trosing being a viable bug for YEARS before they finally fixed it...and many other bugs that should have priority.

h>FIX YOUR DAMN BUGS BEFORE YOU KEEP DUMPING MORE POTENTIAL FOR BUGS INTO THE GAME. Programming rule #1 on my team and many other coding teams...you fix your damn bugs before you introduce any more code into the product. If you do not fix your bugs, they not only start to multiply but they get amplified by extra levels of code. Right now rose has a list of visible bugs about as long as my arm yes here comes some more item mall etc etc. Lets talk about channel 2 and 3. Channel 2 and 3 are being a little difficult to figure out as far as duping so they took them down and built another separate server which was one of the most god awful decisions I have EVER seen in 12 years of programming/managing a programming team. They stuck their heads in the sand, gave up, quit, took the easy away out or whatever you want to call it and have divided an already weakened rose community. It was dumb, it was short sighted and right now when the numbers are dropping on Leonis it INFURIATES me that they're going on business as usual like there is no userbase problem on Leonis. 3/4 of the game is DESERTED...if you compare the number of stores in Junon to 2 months ago, there are literally LESS THAN HALF.
- Channel 2 and 3 were a rich and interesting fold on Rose...they gave the ability to share the game to so many people yet keep everyone linked and together in a happy collective. Instead we have 2 disjointed and separate servers who glare at each other with contempt. If Draconis is anything like Leonis, it can't be doing too well these days either.

i> whatever happened to the King of the Hill competitions...people apply to battle, then competitions are put on to find out who is he best of the best. Zeppelin has had a decent finger on some things in the game however there should be more! What happened to the invasion events where people had to team up to kill monsters and get drops...the gem drop ones were a little much but how about something else. Create some EXCITEMENT...don't just make an event, fire it into the game and forget...work on some stuff that creates some excitement from the side of the GM/Dev team! Have a meet the gm/dev event...

[b]LEONIS NEEDS MORE PEOPLE...IT IS MELTING...DON'T TELL ME IT'S NOT MELTING BECAUSE I SIT THERE A COUPLE HOURS A DAY IN MY STORE WATCHING MORE AND MORE STORES DISAPPEAR NEVER TO RETURN. LETS GET SOME PEOPLE BACK INTO THE GAME!!!

Edited by LadyPsyber, 27 April 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#7 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

my perfect rose:
1. we could get married (cliche, but it would be awesome)
2. skin color, we arent all crackers
3. refine +30
4. all 7 planets.
5. Chat translator.
6. pvp all maps.
7. max level 250.
8. new emotes (like when we pot we eat or drink -_-
9. remove candle ghost.
10. 1 million+ players <_<

#8 ddt0

ddt0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:45 PM

4- return on investment :> (written before you put your answer in as I was making this biggass post)

My perfect world?

a> a re-render of the graphics to entice a new and younger crowd into the game.

b> more advertising to bring in new meat...er impressionable players

c> a much better rapport between users and developers...the current system has the developers sequestered in an ivory tower where they drop bread crumbs of updates whatever or whenever they want. Their accountability is nil with regards to the player base.

d> user assistance in the actual updating of the game. There are people who play who would *LOVE* to assist in the development of the game...FREE. They would not only assist in speeding up development but also provide a hands on approach to what users really want. I imagine that it really would not be hard to provide a framework for them to safely help.

e> much better communication between the devs and the users. The big massive document put out when basically everyone was going to quit after the big stupid update(328) was THE FIRST document i've ever seen that listed specific goals and situations. Every single bloody dumb idiotic stupid thing we're told is *ALWAYS* "the development team is looking into or the development team is working on or the development team is considering"....it's like smoke and mirrors...nothing is EVER concrete.

f> your 1. is VERY good...the game needs many more vectors of getting more people into the game and KEEPING them there. There doesn't seem to be anything in the Gravity arsenal that is bent on RETENTION of users. There is this "join if you want or quit if you it doesn't really seem to matter to us" feel to how they do business.

g> a sense of urgency...I know I keep harping but Orlo has been a disaster for over 2 months now. Countless users and posts have submitted and it should have been crystal clear on day +2 after the big stupid update that beside the xp being unacceptable, the drops on orlo were also unacceptable. They could have fixed it so quickly...even if only to temporarily keep people somewhat happy...they actually made things WORSE...nerfing ghosts and then making lisents drop even LESS. As of now and including this update,
NOTHING has been done to keep level 220 players playing the game. This has a WTF value of 11ty billion. There have been MANY who have quit over this, yet it's still not done. Every single game has limited potential as far as how long it lives, how many people it draws and keeps...naROSE has unceremoniously turfed countless users over the years needlessly that could have been avoided if the development team wasn't entrenched behind 12 feet of titanium wall...plugging away on their own, at their own time without nearly enough direct input from the people who have to live with their work. This point isn't just about Orlo...it's about player balancing that is out of whack for 6 months before they take 2 hours to fix it...trosing being a viable bug for YEARS before they finally fixed it...

h>FIX YOUR DAMN BUGS BEFORE YOU KEEP DUMPING MORE POTENTIAL FOR BUGS INTO THE GAME. Programming rule #1 on my team and many other coding teams...you fix your damn bugs before you introduce any more code into the product. If you do not fix your bugs, they not only start to multiply but they get amplified by extra levels of code. Right now rose has a list of visible bugs about as long as my arm yes here comes some more item mall etc etc. Lets talk about channel 2 and 3. Channel 2 and 3 are being a little difficult to figure out as far as duping so they took them down and built another separate server which was one of the most god awful decisions I have EVER seen in 12 years of programming/managing a programming team. They stuck their heads in the sand, gave up, quit, took the easy away out or whatever you want to call it and have divided an already weakened rose community. It was dumb, it was short sighted and right now when the numbers are dropping on Leonis it INFURIATES me that they're going on business as usual like there is no userbase problem on Leonis. 3/4 of the game is DESERTED...if you compare the number of stores in Junon to 2 months ago, there are literally LESS THAN HALF.
- Channel 2 and 3 were a rich and interesting fold on Rose...they gave the ability to share the game to so many people yet keep everyone linked and together in a happy collective. Instead we have 2 disjointed and separate servers who glare at each other with contempt. If Draconis is anything like Leonis, it can't be doing too well these days either.

i> whatever happened to the King of the Hill competitions...people apply to battle, then competitions are put on to find out who is he best of the best. Zeppelin has had a decent finger on some things in the game however there should be more! What happened to the invasion events where people had to team up to kill monsters and get drops...the gem drop ones were a little much but how about something else. Create some EXCITEMENT...don't just make an event, fire it into the game and forget...work on some stuff that creates some excitement from the side of the GM/Dev team! Have a meet the gm/dev event...

lol of course you knew it.
4m for you then. bahh Ill make it 10.

Edited by ddt0, 27 April 2011 - 08:47 PM.

#9 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

Accounting term call: Return On Investment.

Close enough. What does it mean? I'm curious <_<

PS
I'm not saying close enough give me the 5 mil. we're not even on the same server xD

#10 ddt0

ddt0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

A performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments. To calculate ROI, the benefit (return) of an investment is divided by the cost of the investment; the result is expressed as a percentage or a ratio.

#11 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:02 PM

Maybe I shouldn't have asked. That went way over my head and now i remember why I didn't like accounting in high school... I'll get it eventually, just give me a few tries <_<

#12 ddt0

ddt0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

its like this. lets say Gravity has invested 1 million dollars into rose. they have gotten 200,000 dollars back there ROI is 20%. SO investors or owners look at these numbers to help determine if "rose" is a good business or a good investment.. if over time ROI keeps going up you will be rich as co X.

Edited by ddt0, 27 April 2011 - 09:10 PM.

#13 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

oh i think i get it. thanks for breaking it down for me <_< I'm good with music, not numbers...

#14 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:19 PM

its like this. lets say Gravity has invested 1 million dollars into rose. they have gotten 200,000 dollars back there ROI is 20%. SO investors or owners look at these numbers to help determine if "rose" is a good business or a good investment.. if over time ROI keeps going up you will be rich as co X.

Ok those numbers are crazy....lets say real numbers...Rose invested $20,000 and a plug nickel....they have gotten $200,000 back so their ROI=1000%

#15 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

1. Let me develop stuff.

#16 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

1. Let me develop stuff.

Are you a coder? Have you seen the iROSE code that's flying around the intraweb?

#17 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:53 PM

I feel a p server in the making ;o

#18 akogwapo

akogwapo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Leonis/Arua

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

I PREFER EXTREME NEW 3d SKILLS

#19 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:34 AM

I feel a p server in the making ;o

They should do more than have the odd graphical community creation...they should enlist the help of the community for harder graphics creations and perhaps coding if there is a way to make a safe framework to submit and edit code.

Programmers are probably too afraid of their jobs to allow people who would probably kick their asses to submit though. <_<

#20 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:04 AM

IM that distantiates itself from refining so people will have to work for their gear again and the elite PVP players are elite because they worked for it rather than buying their way to the top with real money.

#21 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:42 AM

11. If Rose wasn't Rose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users