MVP Summoner Question - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

MVP Summoner Question

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Company

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:38 AM

I ask this here and not in a private message to Heimdallr, even it this is a question for him, cos I think that there are other persons interested in it, since the big amount of ppl that buy the items that need for it.

I just would like to know, if this is possible, when and if will be implemented the summoner for the VIP Accounts and if there are already info about cool down, required items and procedures.

Since in these months I can play few for the work, and after the renewal also the PVM is become so boring for me, cos you are forced to kill the monsters of your lvl, and the drop rate is so frustrating, so my only interest are MVPs. Unluckily on Ymir often they are always busy, and I haven't the time to wait the re-spawn even if I use a Convex Mirror and ET take me really many time, that I can't waste atm.
So a summoner would be a good solution, cos I would be free to choose when summon the boss.

As I said in the beginning of this post there are other persons that are interested to have some new info about this future event(at least on Ymir), so Heimdallr if you have some good news, please let us know them.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Allysia, 28 April 2011 - 04:54 AM.

#2 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:46 AM

iRO is not supposed to have an arena where to gods have created a medium to create great monsters from nothing.

I'm not anyone official, but as the rest will say, this won't happen.

I can't even find a topic to discuss over this, it will never be on iRO. You're supposed to hunt the MvP's in a free environment in Rune-Midgard(and the other worlds), not in a closed off box where you select your MvP from a jukebox.

#3 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

In a private Message, Heimdallr said to me that for Vip accounts there will be the possibility in the future to have a summoner, like the old 2 events. So I wanted just to know if Gravity US has finished to think to the new requirements, since atm they are thinking at this. For this reason my message was for Heimdallr, cos it was the continue of our previous PMs. But since on Ymir many persons are interested to it, I wrote a message in the public area.

Edited by Allysia, 28 April 2011 - 04:56 AM.

#4 AtlasThunderbeef

AtlasThunderbeef

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 905 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:02 AM

Oh my, xD

New times I guess. This is looking more and more like a private server.

I can imagine this as a sakray thing, or a very limited event without a prize.. but that's it.

From what I know the general public in iRO does not want a summoner, that's the main response I've got when I've asked ingame and around.
Difficult to imagine that Heim and the gm team are opening for these things.

#5 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

I can't even find a topic to discuss over this, it will never be on iRO. You're supposed to hunt the MvP's in a free environment in Rune-Midgard(and the other worlds), not in a closed off box where you select your MvP from a jukebox.

There are different opinions about this... there are also those who likes fighting the MVPs, rather than competing over them with other players (with all the hates and drama involved) or wasting time searching for them.

#6 Pylfer

Pylfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:27 AM

Perhaps make it a biweekly/weekly thing (like the reset on conquest/valor points in WoW) where if you're on Ymir or are VIP or whatever, you get to go into the arena once and get a random MVP from a bracket of several clusters of MVPS. So bracket one would be; "Orc lord, Edgga, Orc Hero, Maya, Amon Ra, etc, etc", Bracket two would be; "Dark Lord, Lord of the Dead, etc", all the way up to the last Bracket which would be like "Cecil, Seyren, Morroc Bealzebub, etc".

Once or twice a week at random per guild/player/whatever might not be that bad.

#7 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:49 AM

Yes, I would like to have it on Ymir or only for Vip account, since I don't play on Valkyrie and I left Ygg cos I didn't want to be merged on Valk, if this could happen. And also regarding VIP features, atm nothing is changed since we played on Premium servers, while I saw that Valk had better service now, with better upgrade and other stuffs, so the difference between 2 options is always less, so I think that a feature like this for VIP or at least for Ymir will inactivate the ppl to pay accounts or server transfers. So the persons that want the competition can go on Ygg or Valk and the other that dislike it, can go on Ymir.

Regarding P.Server, MVP Arena is quite different from MVP summoner, you don't need to hunt items, sometime really difficult to find, in particular now with the drop rate malus. I was a P.server player around 6 years ago, before to come on official server, so I know very well that kind of Arena.

Edited by Allysia, 28 April 2011 - 08:49 AM.

#8 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

Perhaps make it a biweekly/weekly thing (like the reset on conquest/valor points in WoW) where if you're on Ymir or are VIP or whatever, you get to go into the arena once and get a random MVP from a bracket of several clusters of MVPS. So bracket one would be; "Orc lord, Edgga, Orc Hero, Maya, Amon Ra, etc, etc", Bracket two would be; "Dark Lord, Lord of the Dead, etc", all the way up to the last Bracket which would be like "Cecil, Seyren, Morroc Bealzebub, etc".

We sort of already have that, it's called ET.

#9 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

I would prefer an MVP summoner.

How is a new MVPer like me supposed to compete with the 500 genetics who camp out the easy monsters and kill them 3 seconds afer they spawn?

Also, if there is an MVP summoner, then the items required to summon that MVP will be in demand, which means they will actually be worth hunting and I might be able to make some zeny off it.

#10 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

what is this "Morroc Bealzebub" you speak of?

#11 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

iRO has had several summoner events in the past already. But idk about having a permanent one, like many other things in iRO, it would end up widening the gap between "elite" players and basically everyone else.
http://irowiki.org/w..._~_(2010/09/16)

#12 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

^ Pardon but, how exactly its going to widen the gap between elite players and everyone else? if both parties can summon an mvp of interest at any time given of the day with basic summoning materials? Its a great event to be honest! I absolutely enjoyed it last year and I wish it be a permanent one.

#13 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:44 AM

exactly. It will actually close the gap, since weaker players will still be able to hunt MVP's an alternate way without being beaten to the punch every single time by campers with convex mirrors. Elite players will also want to buy MVP summoning items from new players that just happen to stray across them by accident.

Besides, if such an option exists, people might actually start using MVP's for leveling again. Isn't that a weird thought?

#14 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

exactly. It will actually close the gap, since weaker players will still be able to hunt MVP's an alternate way without being beaten to the punch every single time by campers with convex mirrors. Elite players will also want to buy MVP summoning items from new players that just happen to stray across them by accident.

Besides, if such an option exists, people might actually start using MVP's for leveling again. Isn't that a weird thought?

yea convex mirror's made it a lot harder for newer/less elite players. Not point in a newer player to use a convex mirror because even if you used a convex just to have a chance to spot the mvp, they will still out damage you. I think with some thought, this could improve game play for newer players or those who haven't been around for several years.

Of course it should be limited to a few mvp's who's drops wont dramatically affect game play, but thats just pointing out the obvious.

#15 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

That also means lots of mvp cards entering the market, not sure that is desireable.

#16 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Oh my, xD

New times I guess. This is looking more and more like a private server.

The one true difference between an official server and a private server is that the official server is legal.

That also means lots of mvp cards entering the market, not sure that is desireable.

From the view point of ymir imo i think it doesn't really matter anymore. Very few mvp cards actually have a significant effect in woe. If those were of concern, you could just remove them from the summoner.

With levelling being so fast and gearing not really an issue for serious players - other than making god items, players have no goals to get them to keep playing outside of woe. If the summoner was brought back in some form for vip players, that could certainly give ppl who no longer level, some incentive/goals to pay and play.

Elite and noob players alike can benefit from being able to summon and kill without competition as well as creating economic demand which allows the poor to sell the summoning items to the rich.

#17 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

No harm in making loot more available to the community in terms of gears. As for the cards, most are used for PvM purposes and really a few can be lethal if used perfectly in WoE scenes. Not like the cards will drop like candy anyway with the drop penalty and the rarity of such items. Why are you scared? I rather have the community of all kinds earn their cards if ever through this than ebaying to get them in all honesty.

#18 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:43 AM

New mvp cards on ymir won't hurt anything. Probably 90% of them change hands through RMT these days anyway.

#19 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:09 PM

Of course with a permanent implementation the cool down can be longer than the 30 min of the old events; for example like the mvp regular spawn or also a bit more.
Regarding the cards, anyway it's not so easy to get one even with more chances to kill MVPs... from my experience we managed to get one after 2 years of camping and with a summoner event in the middle.

#20 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

if you make a mvp summoner make it for the challange and the exp only ---> no drops - or it will jsut destroy the meaning of the wild mvp's

#21 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

What is the meaning of wild mvps? Lol.

It's not like anything other than the card holds much value anyway, some more chances at mvp cards is good for people that don't want to deal with the absurd amount of griefing at natural spawns.

EDIT: for example I think 2 of maybe 10 people i've comp'd at amon ra have actually comp'd without doing something illegal. Manhole/harmonize are the most common

Edited by Viri, 28 April 2011 - 01:03 PM.

#22 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

I want summoner. I'm all for skill-abuse free MVP's. Let alone not having to spam convex mirrors all day trying to even get a glimpse of one before it is obliterated to pieces. Very few mvps live longer than 30 secs these days. Also for you "wild" mvp freaks, this would add value to some of the otherwise crap drops that noone wants and npc for next to nothing. Summoner with 3 day cool down sounds good to me /no1.

#23 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

This ^^

No, please no. Don't do that...

#24 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

This ^^

No, please no. Don't do that...

GM's have previously stated they do want more MVP cards entering the game, thats a large part of why we have summoners, BB's ET etc in the first place.

#25 Misery

Misery

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:25 AM

What is the meaning of wild mvps? Lol.

It's not like anything other than the card holds much value anyway, some more chances at mvp cards is good for people that don't want to deal with the absurd amount of griefing at natural spawns.

EDIT: for example I think 2 of maybe 10 people i've comp'd at amon ra have actually comp'd without doing something illegal. Manhole/harmonize are the most common

wild mvp's are one of the end game content
with a summoner all the gears would get worthless and for some it wouldn't be worth to waste supplys to mvp
with a summoner you could hunt the mvp you want when you want
there is a reason the high end mvp's got a huge respawn time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users