Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:44 PM

I'm feeling this like an answer for my last ticket... <_<

Anyways... I wanna see if the VIP dungeons can bring back old leveling ways (I just remind that vid Buff yourself, really good times T_T) and making partying and teamplay a fast way for leveling and not only exclusive for woe or turn in events. They are fun but they're the only way to partying while leveling because currently party system is broken. This should be one reason for me to become VIP because I don't like what are you offering now ò.ó

Edited by Fibrizzo, 28 April 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#28 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

no event woes? i gotta say that the non-trans woe was the most fun woe ive had since renewal hit. its also "noob friendly" so you dont have to grind out to 140+ to be able to compete. id say an instanced realm without treasures per week, with a wps system where you get 1 point for castle, 3 points for holding, etc and using those points to buy "toned down" god items, like a +20 str acc, +20 dex weapon, and so on.

#29 Shully

Shully

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:56 PM

New players have a heck of a time knowing what is going on, the tutorial system need love, website needs updating, eden group needs more "notice" from new players.

The Novice Ground system is fine, but speaking as a player who only just joined recently, once you get out of the novice grounds, there's very little information given to you about the areas you're in. Although, I had no clue about this whole "If you're under 15 levels of a monster or over 30 levels of a monster, you get terrible experience and terrible drop rates from them" thing until a few days ago.

The 1st job towns (Prontera, Payon, Morroc, Alberta, Izlude, Geffen) should have a lot more NPC's that give information about the level of monsters and what you can get from them - This can help with early zeny issues for items like Fly Wings and Potions, and give people a good idea of what they can and cannot fight, without having to check first hand. (For example - fighting peco pecos as a level 12 swordsman. Not only that, but not having any idea they all aggro you when you hit one and they are on screen).

Although the Eden Equipment quests are simple and very rewarding, the "Mission" quests are absolutely terrible for low levels. For the 2nd boards collecting mission, you have to kill payon monsters then deliver the items to an NPC all the way over in Geffen. Considering both towns have Kafra Warps disabled, and are extremely far from each other, there's absolutely no reason to do some of these quests. The amount of time you'll have to take between going to the board for the quest, collecting the items and then going all the way over to the other city is completely wasted compared to just staying on the map grinding.

The problem with Eden isn't that new players don't notice it, it's just that new players have a difficult time doing the quests because most of them require you to go all over the world, when most new players will be stuck in one area for leveling until they hit 2nd job because they are comfortable in those maps.

To improve Eden early on, the quests should be based on what city your in (i.e you can take a quest for Geffen, and a quest for Payon) and just have to turn into the quest board (or Eden) like you do for all the high level quests.

On the topic of quests, NPCs that can give quests should have some form of indication - I had no idea an NPC gave a very in-depth quest until I accidently walked into him in prontera while buying items. Makes me wonder what other kind of NPCs are around that are like that.

I really think the main thing to change for newer platers is the kafra warps - lower levels should be able to get warps from Kafra to all major cities in rune midgard so they can explore, and all the major towns should be able to be warped from. It seems silly how warps are disabled in Payon and Geffen when they are pretty far out of the way from everywhere else (maybe not so much Payon, but new players won't really know this). This would also help with questing early on in Eden.

(Also, a better incentive to party would be cool too. I have yet to see anyone party before 1st job unless it's a party that includes friends or guild members)

Just my two cents.

tl;dr better warps for lower levels and more info about monsters in 1st job towns

#30 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

I like the direction this game is taking although more initiatives should be done to promote truly "new" players. Running a guild catering to new players in this game, I've found only 2 maybe 3 TRULY new players out of the 300 or so I've taken in. Also this game lacks the retention of new players as I found that for every 10 new people I take, 8 go inactive after a week or two. A lot of which seems to stem from an endless grind with no real point to it unless I step in and give them some sort of challenge. I'd love to see more group activities or things an entire guild with a bit of a level spread be able to do together. How about a battle arena where players turn into geared monsters trying to kill each other? Or maybe an instance guild castle complete with 1-2 MVP's for 1st and 2nd job classes so that newer low level players can get a taste of what WoE is like. Besides, it also adds a bit of nostalgia to the game. Compete with another group to kill the MVP and break the emp for some castle treasure boxes (minus the god item pieces).

While you're at it Heim, how about updating the level 4 weapon creation quests or making forged and ranked forged weapons a bit more useful.

PS. Winningest? Gooder?? Heim, either you're trying to be Shakespeare or your english is progressively getting worse.

#31 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:09 PM

Heim, please give the RO community a reason to do questing again. The storyline quest exp nerfs ever since Renewal's changes is horrible. I used to be able to gain a few levels as a non-trans/trans simply by doing the large storyline quests alone. Nobody does them for the rewards anymore. I'd like to suggest adjusting them so that people will feel like it's worth it to go through RO's numerous quests out there for the exp. It gives players the opportunity to take a small break from "the grind." Implementing instance-play maps where you can have parties work together for a decent reward is a good step on your part at the moment.

Perhaps make a contest where the community gets to make up simple quests for iRO to implement.

Posted Image
PS. Winningest? Gooder?? Heim, either you're trying to be Shakespeare or your english is progressively getting worse.

Edited by GuardianTK, 28 April 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#32 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

The VIP dungeons are the main thing I'm watching for. I've given up on solo-only zero challenge RO, and I think these have by far the best chance of putting that second M back into this MMORPG, as well as turning the mind-numbingly boring grind back into the fun fights I used to love this game for.

If they're what I'm hoping for, that would definitely make me buy both premium and KP (vs now, where I not only don't, but don't log in at all except to play events. I haven't even installed Brasilis yet).

I do, however, notice that these have no time estimate, or even a "we're trying to get this ASAP" on them, so I'm guessing I can safely assume this is a game to check out towards the end of the year or early next?

Edited by Mwrip, 28 April 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#33 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

I'm glad to see the party change being proposed -- I realize for all players that "solo-leveling" is way faster than partying with an AB, so hopefully this changes the party dynamics.

Another nifty idea that popped into my head -- How about adding some +guild skills for like a 5% boost of exp, or partying guild members ... giving a bonus for guilds or something outside of WoE-related skills? Perhaps + X% amount of EXP for partying guild-members and leveling in the GD's? <_<

#34 igzz

igzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Locationdown under

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:15 PM

In game GM presence would be great for the game as well. RO is a community and feeling that you are part of it even in a miniscule way is crucial especially if we want to keep the newcomers here. How about a Bulletin Board outside Prontera where GMs leave messages and such. Or in game GM "shouting" every at least once an hour would be good. What, only 10% of the actual playing population use the forums much less read the posts.

#35 Pururu

Pururu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Change that seems decent for me, seems to possibly bring back REAL party leveling (and not sitting in a dungeon waiting for killcounts while doing something else completly unrelated, also please party exp in party range otherwise having 5 rg party causing havok all around the map without seeing each others even once will be far superior) and soloing against one mob at a time back (don't even care if it's slow as long as it's doable without it feeling like an horrible job), will probably give a try when it gets implented and give you feedbacks if it can help.

As for extra suggestions or comments:

1) If you could avoid in the futur to do "woops sorry it was a test let's remove it and change it so the one who didn't abused it and new players are screwed forever" kp events it would be good. This one (hd ore if you didn't understood which you probably did) really gave an edge to some player that is almost IMPOSSIBLE to go through. I'm not against kp advantages, it's a free to play game so i can understand it has to happen but thing which create such gaps without them being reacheable is pretty bad imo. I'm not saying to bring how hd ores worked back either, thanks god you changed it.

2) If possible, i now it's far from being a priority but, is it possible in the futur for bb mvps to actually act like their real counterparts? I think it would be a nice little change seeing how some are highly abuseable cause of their poor AI (randgris is terrible cause of it for example T___T).

3) Event Woe!!! I honestly think it could make the game alot more fun for pvpers. I wouldn't mind kvm improvment aswell (more romm, less waiting time, slightly better reward or whatever)

Anyway goodluck to you, hope it will bring some old players back and new players into the game :3

#36 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:21 PM

I liked how iRo evolved. Though I was jst an aco on Chaos way back....way way back...

Im looking forward to see the mounts before I leave for BCT.

That would be a nice parting gift for my chars.

#37 sadekOB

sadekOB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

Sounds like a lot of new changes in the upcoming month or two <_< keep it up!

Also, please get some advertising done for this game if you plan on bringing in new players. The only reason I even know about Ragnarok is because a friend showed it to me back in 2k3, whereas all the new MMORPG's are heavily advertised on a number of websites, which really catches the attention of those new to MMO's or those looking for something new to play.

Edited by sadekOB, 28 April 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#38 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

having iRO customized to fit its player-base is what weve been looking for
and all these things look promising... i am looking forward for these updates...

having an internal dev is a brilliant idea as long as it is partnered with an in-game mods that has direct contact with players.
ive been playing RO since 2003 and i cannot find a game that can be noob-friendly and as well as a complicated game for vets.

keep it up GMs!

#39 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

I will say this all the time.

I WANT:

NEW MAPS!! (Don't care if it is only Temporary, like a month long event or so)

ABILITY TO CHOSE WHAT MONSTER I USE TO LEVEL!! (Like i could chose to 99 off Moscovia Lv 3 or Anubis or Loli Rui, or a few others Pre-Renewal)

NEWWWWWWW MVPs!! (Preferably with Renewal Skills) (Don't care if it is temporary, like a month long event or so)

DIVERSE PLAYER INTERACTIVE BATTLES (That is, WoE, PvP, Server Battles [Like USRC or WoE, preferably like WoE but on a less regular basis like once per month], Active Battle Ground System [May require a system that allows queuing up out of battle ground], and whatever else people can think of that can be voted into the server by the community)

NEW MAPS!!!......... Wait, did I say that already?........ NEW MAPS!!...... just in case no one heard me the first...... or second time.

ABILITY TO CHOSE WHAT MONSTER I USE TO LEVEL!! This is a VERY VERY special and important part of Ragnarok Online for me, I don't know if anyone else shares my sentiments. Currently i feel like i HAVE to hit 99..... errrrm, i mean 150 at Dragons, Bio labs..... a bit too hard to get workable party often enough, everything else..... pretty slow.

But to comment on the post. It at least shows that you guys care about the game itself and I appreciate that. I anticipate all that you guys wish to implement but i really think you can be more interactive before deciding to run a trial. For example allow the holders of a few castles to chose your next event or next idea trial, or have a vote on the forum.

Good luck with your pursuit, I commend the action.

Edited by Trini, 28 April 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#40 KrimsonAlbedo

KrimsonAlbedo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Ill be honest im drunk i read very little of the actual original point but my thoughts aboout RO?

this game was Great in its infancy and its still great everything about it is just fun

but the only thing that lets RO down in terms of people playing it the Graphics.
which is pathetic in terms of people playing games ..... best games ive every played are older than most people that play video games nowadays why? because they were built to be fun not to be visually appealing.

Long live RO long live quality over quantity

#41 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:41 PM

Might I suggest that we drop the prices of potions?

I have played this game for a long time, but I find myself having a hard time keeping up with today's methods of leveling. To get a good exp rate now, the best method is to kill as many monsters as humanly possible. I think this mentality was brought on from the results of the first dragon event, but I know people who used this method even 6 years ago. I know for most veterans, money is easy to come by in game, but there a lot of people out there who have a hard time even affording the means to level. You can always level slow, but why play a game you can't win? The reason behind cheaper potions is simple, because it allows a players' money the ability to be spent on other things they need. With gear being so expensive, we need to be able to save up our zeny somehow. Most of you would say, "Use Bloody Branches, or hunt this item here," but I'm telling you that if trying to level in an area, the good stuff rarely drops. Sure, I can hunt beef heads. They're pretty rare, though. I've had an hour where I came out with 4, and I've had an hour where I came out with 6. It's not bad money, but it all goes back into potions, eventually. If you made Discount/Haggle a little better, then that would also help (because that would also reduce price of potions). Being broke and leveling, is boring and tedious. I've resorted to leveling alts, because at least my gear helps me level effectively then. I never take em past 99, because my gears suck at that point. I'm not trying to complain at all. I'm just saying that cheaper potions might allow our resources to be put to better use. I have a 102 Rune Knight, that I refuse to level right now. The exp from Medusas sucks, unless you have a Gwing party and HE BMs going. Me personally, I've resorted to Bowling Bash, but it's insanely expensive for the exp from the turn ins to be worth it. This also means that I can die, too. 8% per turn in of 200 isn't enough to make it worth my pots, or time. Especially, when I can go to magma 2, and level much faster, but more expensively. So I don't make enough money, to buy the potions or the gear that I need to level properly. Not everyone has access to the best items in the game. Making potions cheaper is one small way of helping with that situation. I enjoy a challenge, but not one that I can't afford to meet. In a way, I'm a veteran who's a total newb now, because I've come back broke. It kinda sucks to say that, but oh well....

#42 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

I would like to say that Heim. This post was a very touching post almost brought me to tears reading it. I feel all these new updates will better the game and help lure in more people to play. Another thing that could help could be a possible "refer a friend" service. more people that invite others to play who go "vip" will get a prize if they reach a certain amount. This idea could potentially help lead in more players to join the game and add more to the community.

#43 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

Monsters in the guild dungeons will be reviewed at this time as well to make them more gooder.

<_< Baaaad English. ``.... Make them BETTER!``
yes, would be nice to make the monsters in the dungeons better.

All in all those changes sound interesting, i`m looking forward to them.

#44 FullSmile

FullSmile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

ABILITY TO CHOSE WHAT MONSTER I USE TO LEVEL!! This is a VERY VERY special and important part of Ragnarok Online for me, I don't know if anyone else shares my sentiments. Currently i feel like i HAVE to hit 99..... errrrm, i mean 150 at Dragons, Bio labs..... a bit too hard to get workable party often enough, everything else..... pretty slow.

This. Being told where to level and what to level off of, took away alot the charm from the game imo.
Being able to hunt items you need for things and gaining a little exp in the process.
Or just exploring different parts of the RO world.
It seems post renewal there are way more useless maps than there were before because there is no reason to bother going to them at all.

#45 Thyrial

Thyrial

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:00 PM

By getting rid of the level penalty do you just mean the exp penalty or the drop penalty as well? Personally I think a drop penalty should never have existed since it makes items from lower level monsters rarer which is just plain bizarre >.>

#46 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

kRO and jRO's change to the party system is that the party gets +20% exp for every player starting at 2. So Exp per player looks like this:

Players Pre-RE  Current New
1	100.0%	100.0%	100.0%
2	50.0%	50.0%	60%
3	33.3%	36.7%	46.7%
4	25.0%	30.0%	40.0%
5	20.0%	26.0%	36.0%
6	16.7%	23.3%	33.3%
7	14.3%	21.4%	31.4%
8	12.5%	20.0%	30.0%
9	11.1%	18.9%	28.9%
10	10.0%	18.0%	28.0%
11	9.1%	17.3%	27.3%
12	8.3%	16.7%	26.7%

#47 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

since were talking about the future of ragnarok, please take a look at the Brave, Valorous and Glorious (BG/KVM) weapons available, having a 50 ATK for bow, guitar and whips needs to be reviewed. I tested these things and Monster drop weapons are far more powerful than that of the BG/KVM weapons.

Test Subject: Bio lab kids (race: Demi-human)
Orc Archer Bow+Steel Arrow out-damages my Valor Bow in all aspects such as Normal Attack, Double Strafe, Severe Rainstorm
Oriental Lute out-damages my Valor Guitar in all aspects such as Normal Attack, Arrow Vulcan, Melody Strike

I cannot speak in behalf of the other classes' BG/KVM weapons as i have not tested nor do i own other than what i have posted above.

I think this is worth for a review since the mechanics for damage have change a lot when renewal came.

#48 Lancer

Lancer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

When you update the seal quest, you must make sure each quest has an equal or better reward, whether it be very good exp or a bunch of useful items. Because if one of the seal quest is crappy (or the current situation, nothing rewarding, exp/item sucks) there will be a bottleneck and no one will do it!

#49 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Might I suggest that we drop the prices of potions?

I have played this game for a long time, but I find myself having a hard time keeping up with today's methods of leveling. To get a good exp rate now, the best method is to kill as many monsters as humanly possible. I think this mentality was brought on from the results of the first dragon event, but I know people who used this method even 6 years ago. I know for most veterans, money is easy to come by in game, but there a lot of people out there who have a hard time even affording the means to level. You can always level slow, but why play a game you can't win? The reason behind cheaper potions is simple, because it allows a players' money the ability to be spent on other things they need. With gear being so expensive, we need to be able to save up our zeny somehow. Most of you would say, "Use Bloody Branches, or hunt this item here," but I'm telling you that if trying to level in an area, the good stuff rarely drops. Sure, I can hunt beef heads. They're pretty rare, though. I've had an hour where I came out with 4, and I've had an hour where I came out with 6. It's not bad money, but it all goes back into potions, eventually. If you made Discount/Haggle a little better, then that would also help (because that would also reduce price of potions). Being broke and leveling, is boring and tedious. I've resorted to leveling alts, because at least my gear helps me level effectively then. I never take em past 99, because my gears suck at that point. I'm not trying to complain at all. I'm just saying that cheaper potions might allow our resources to be put to better use. I have a 102 Rune Knight, that I refuse to level right now. The exp from Medusas sucks, unless you have a Gwing party and HE BMs going. Me personally, I've resorted to Bowling Bash, but it's insanely expensive for the exp from the turn ins to be worth it. This also means that I can die, too. 8% per turn in of 200 isn't enough to make it worth my pots, or time. Especially, when I can go to magma 2, and level much faster, but more expensively. So I don't make enough money, to buy the potions or the gear that I need to level properly. Not everyone has access to the best items in the game. Making potions cheaper is one small way of helping with that situation. I enjoy a challenge, but not one that I can't afford to meet. In a way, I'm a veteran who's a total newb now, because I've come back broke. It kinda sucks to say that, but oh well....

I think this is a good idea but... Why are they gonna drop the potion prize when Kafra Shop has the super awesome woe potions? You can carry even more than condensed, they heal even more than condensed and you won't have to spend your zeny on them (use real money, that's what they need).

I made the same suggestion last year, when the "HD event" and Doddler's ragequit... But I'm a troll, who's gonna take care about what I say <_<

#50 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

The party revamp won't get people to party unless you guys really follow through with the more risk more reward model. Why would anyone want to party another person if it's still way less than soloing? It's so easy to solo now that no one will want to do a 2 man party with a 20% boost let alone a 12 man party.

It's also not viable for everyone to do such large parties because of level difference and population. Turn ins only work because of the large level range and soloing becomes ineffective due to exp being turned off. You can't forget about simple two man parties among friends with just an ab and a killer. Sometimes I don't want to party so many people.

Edited by Sapphic, 28 April 2011 - 04:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users