SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

Monster Changes

• Increased the respawn timers of some kings on Orlo.

Note to the community from the developers:
We are reviewing and collecting your feedback on various drop data daily. The development team is constantly going over ways to improve the drop system and experience of gameplay while keeping to the design intended.
The intentions behind the changes to the drop design is something we have a strong desire to preserve for the core of gameplay design.
We felt items and player power was too easily obtained, resulting in a lessened feeling of accomplishment and worth. With the difficulty that comes with acquiring certain items and stats, comes a much bigger sense of satisfaction when such items are obtained. As with any change there is always a time for adjustment, but once the markets adapt to the changes we believe this new drop system will be much more rewarding.
The feedback we receive may not affect the immediate next patch because there are several factors we take into consideration amongst the numerous topics of feedback. We do our best to review it with the objective of solving the issue with compromise to the drop systems design.
We appreciate the feedback as the drop system will continue to evolve and appreciate your help and patience in its evolution.

From the feedback we've made the following changes that were larger points of feedback we incorporated into the drop design and made allowances and adjustments to the design standards to help cater to these ideas.
  • Increased the rate of Catalysts and Chemicals once again, especially for leaders and higher class monsters.
  • Removed the chance for no drop from King types.
  • Yellow Equipment will no longer drop from monsters beyond level 100 for Leader types and higher and 150 and higher for basic monsters.
Topics we're still working on:
  • Materials missing from the drop table required for some crafting
  • Materials that are too frequent
  • Materials unsuitable for level range
  • Materials that are felt to not belong in certain areas
  • Frequency and range of Chemicals and Catalysts

#2 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:06 AM

I separated the patch notes from my personal feedback just to keep things a little easier to overview.

Anyways, I got to test the Orlo droprate for an hour or 2 between the constant dc'ing and made a few assumptions by looking at what fell on the ground.

pros:

- Kings don't drop nothing.
- Increased rate of Chems/Catas ( not that it seems like much of a diff ).
- No yellow EQ from 100 + mobs.

cons:

- Blue EQ drops WAY 2 frequently from normal/leader type mobs on orlo. It's as if dropping Blue EQ is their signature move. It's even dropping off Kings <_<
- Some mats don't seem to drop in the right lvl range ( junon mats en PAT ).
- Lisents still arent accessible enough to satisfy the markets needs.

Again, with the constant dc'ing I didnt get the time to test things thoroughly, but what still concerns me the most at this moment are Lisents. The Lower grade ones under lvl 150 range can only be farmed off kings ( mainly in DoD ) by using medals or creating new chars. This rly doest seem to benefit the market AT ALL. Why would newcommers low lvls farm those in the first place ? They don't.

When looking at higher range kings on Orlo, they drop Hg and...Ti/U ? Seems fair to me. But I'm still of opinion the lower grade lisents should be much more accessibly - in high lvl places - from normal mobs/leaders. Even if it's only one Lisents per type. Cr for normals, Pb for leaders, that would be fine. The market should be able to adjust itself that way.

Dammit I'm hungry...So,

LordArthas, LadySpyber, Phish and the rest of the farming community. Any opinions regarding this matter ?
Also, thx @ PurpleYouko for keeping the droptables updated during this madness.

Edited by SilverBlood, 29 April 2011 - 07:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users