• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 zellyen

zellyen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:25 PM

is this recommended? havent played in a long time so forgot all basics.

i heard a bow rogue is decent? I'm not gonna start pvp yet, gonna try to get used to the game first. so is rogue the way to go? if so, are the builds on wiki updated?

lastly, do stats reset when you promote everytime?

#2 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

Stats do not reset on class change. There is an npc for free stat/skill resets before level 40 that is permanently in the game (Hypnotist in Prontera (146, 232)). But now you can buy Reset Stones from the Kafra shop to get some stats reset. And currently thee is a free stat/skill reset once per character till May 5th located in the Eden Group place.

As for Rogue as first class, I'd say it's a good first character. Simple build, and with Gank the potential to make more money (Gank doesn't work with long range attacks though). Leveling bow as thief may be a little awkward (just my opinion) because thieves have no bow skills (and they don't really benefit with any range skills to make sniping easy...but you will be able to flee mobs, no doubt. But you could pick up either a Sidewinder carded bow, or buy a Chick Hat or Snake hat and benefit from double attack with a bow. But once you get rogue, bow is pretty fun and easy.

As far as the wiki being updated on builds...I would say they are close enough at least for Rogues (some of the other classes I've look at not so much).
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Rogue

Str is not as amazing anymore (no more Str bonuses), and need more then 40-50 dex now if you are going to be melee (60 or 70) to have a proper hit rate.

Dex for bow, I'm not sure if Dex works as good as it did for bow anymore. Agi/Dex will still be your main stats though obviously. Agi > Dex > Int > Vit in priority.

Hopefully you can get some ideas with builds from the wiki though, imo, the builds still seem reliable enough.

And if you need leveling help, check out the Eden Group quests, they give you very nice starting gear. Sadly Thief does not have the choice of getting a bow weapon from them though. But all the other gear is really good for starters:
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Eden_Group

Edited by Katreyn, 01 May 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#3 zellyen

zellyen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:28 PM

hmmm im wondering is there a progression or just build for a rogue thats specifically geared towards getting to max level as fast as possible? since thats most efficient with a reset at the end.

#4 Dinmak

Dinmak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

Well, it depends: if you're going for bow, as already stated, Agi>Dex>Int>Vit;
if you want dagger/sword: Agi>Dex>Str>Vit

As for speed, believe me, you'll get to lvl 85 real quick with the eden quests (as they tell you where to go for a nice hunting place for your lvls). Also, there's a guide in the foruns somewhere, stating what to hunt if you're looking for a lvling spot out of eden quests.
A good advice is to hunt in places where monsters are 10~15 lvls stronger than you, cause the exp will be awesome for you lvls there.

If you need specific builds, I believe my thief-rogue, when I transcended, ended up like this, and worked out pretty well (dagger):

Str - 70
Agi - 8x
Dex - 7x
Vit - 4x
Int - 1x
Luk - 1

As for skills, for easier lvling, max out improve dodge and double attack, then go for hide and steal and lastly envenom and, if you want, detoxify.

As a rogue, you'll have to decide what you'll wanna do. I went for ganker/pvm, so:

Gank 10
Mug 4
Stalk 5
Sightless Mind 5
Snatch 5
Backstab 10
Sword Mastery 10

Hope I have helped.

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

If it's your very first character ever and you have no zeny, I would suggest the Gank Rogue build. It'll roll in the zeny for any newbie and the setup is a simple Dagger Rogue. Stats would focus on 99ing your Agi, having around 60~70 Dex and the rest into Str. Pretty much what Dinmak suggested, although you don't exactly need that much Str.

#6 zellyen

zellyen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

If it's your very first character ever and you have no zeny, I would suggest the Gank Rogue build. It'll roll in the zeny for any newbie and the setup is a simple Dagger Rogue. Stats would focus on 99ing your Agi, having around 60~70 Dex and the rest into Str. Pretty much what Dinmak suggested, although you don't exactly need that much Str.

I was thinkin of 6x str, 9x agi, 6x dex, 3x vit if thats okay? well just job changed to thief... i have no idea whats going on... should i do the quest from the thief trainer outside pyramids? or should i go straight to eden? after becoming thief I cant equip most novice gears. would i still be okay doing the eden quest at 12?

#7 meaning42

meaning42

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationThe coldest depths of Sweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

I was thinkin of 6x str, 9x agi, 6x dex, 3x vit if thats okay? well just job changed to thief... i have no idea whats going on... should i do the quest from the thief trainer outside pyramids? or should i go straight to eden? after becoming thief I cant equip most novice gears. would i still be okay doing the eden quest at 12?

Those stats seem fine, I went with 94 Agi 72 dex and rest str, which was stupid when I later started using a bow for increased Sightless Mind/Bowling Bash damage.

The stats I would find optimal would be something more like:
Depending ofcourse if you are going to use bow or dagger, if dagger:

XX Str (Rest)
90 Agi (With Increase Dodge 10, 90 will be plenty for single target encounters.)
1 Vit (If you are Agi, you won't need Vit. You only go with Vit for mobbing & WoE/PvP)
1 Int
70 Dex (Plenty to hit your target)
1 Luk

If you intend on going with bow, I would just suggest dropping the Str for maxed Dex.
After rebirth I wouldn't recommend going with Agi though, it might be tough in the beginning to level without flee but it's rewarding in higher levels to go full Vit.

Edited by meaning42, 02 May 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

You don't exactly need to max Dex if you plan to go Bow. It works the same exact way as Str does now with Weapons and the damage you can do. Basically meaning Str/Dex no longer augment Non-Bow/Bow overall damage as much as it used to in Pre-renewal unless you have a higher Lv3-4 weapon with high base Weapon Atk. So around 80dex is needed, because there are barely any Bows with high enough base Weapon Atk that would really benefit a ton from maxed out Dex. This way you have room to put points into 99agi for higher Aspd(Which is the only way to really increase your Aspd anymore in Renewal, by adding Agi instead of stacking Aspd boosting gears...) and many more points for Int for SP regen.

Or you could try for a Trap build, where you would need maxed Dex for maximum Claymore/Landmine trap damage.

#9 zellyen

zellyen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

i think ill just go with gank rogue for now to gain some money... playin on valk now but dunno if i wanna move to ymir. doubt itll make a diff cuz i have no friends -_-

Also, im a little confused on job changing.
so 11/10 novice -> thief
then at what level/job level do i promote to rogue?
I know i should transcend at jlvl 50 for rogue, but how high can i get jlvl as a thief?

lastly, is there a calculator thats renewal updated that i can use to plan character stats/skills out?

Edited by zellyen, 03 May 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

You could simply job change at job40 as a Thief into a Rogue if you want. Not like you'll be using lv10 hide or lv10 Envenom for anything as a Rogue. xD It doesn't really matter much until you're rebirthed and have to transcend.

Yes, there's a stat calc for renewal and plenty of skill simulators out there. Just google it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users