w4r3l1t3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationJunon Polis ;)
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:56 PM

This is probably a hard question to answer, and possibly in the wrong section of forums but it feels to be in the right area, But how would I go about editing the ROSE UI for personal use? Such as; Changing the looks of it easily. I couldn't find the original UI files which they're obviously not going to be out in the open, but I know some of you who play ROSE would know.

Yeah; I'm pretty blunt at this asking game. tl;dr How do I start to go about editing ROSE User Interface? Just need the location of the UI files and how to access them.

#2 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

You may be interested in checking out GenFS which will make it somewhat easier to test and distribute any custom changes you make to the UI. To access files in the client, you will have to use a VFS editor such as VfsNextGen. Most of the UI is located in 3DDATA/CONTROL/*.

#3 w4r3l1t3

w4r3l1t3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationJunon Polis ;)
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

Are the .dds files the files for the UI?

#4 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

Are the .dds files the files for the UI?

Yes, you will need a conversion tool such as DDS Converter to convert between DDS (which is the texture format used by the client) and the format you wish to edit with. Photoshop also has a DDS conversion plugin which can be used to export to DDS format.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users