In depth analysis of the Ranger - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

In depth analysis of the Ranger

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

Since the Ranger topic in the specific Renewal feedback forums is pretty much dead and the kRO third Class Balance Changes topic has nothing on the Rangers, here is a 3000+ word post about current and future Rangers and what remains flawed (not bugged) about them. I'll send in a bug report later. Got to hunt while I can right?

Spoiler tags are to help those who only wants to read specific things. There is no comparison to specific classes and skill other than our own. It would take up a lot more space and work if I went into specific skill and class comparisons. If a gm requests it, I'll pm them but I think this should be enough to give them a general idea. Hope you guys enjoy the read.

Self introduction:
Spoiler

Renewal changes to the Hunter branch:
Spoiler

The current Ranger:
Spoiler

Future Ranger buffs:
Spoiler

Unchanging flaws:
Spoiler

List of kRO changes and new equipment for the Ranger:
Spoiler

Summary with skill change suggestions:
Spoiler

Edit:
Forgot to list skill changes

Edited by Clogon, 06 May 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#2 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

Here are the replies from iRO wiki.

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=77663

Very good post CLOGON. But I am really skeptical about the GMs and CMs noticing it, and even if they do, anything be done about it. People seem to just forget that there is a class called rangers. Why make a ranged class when you can make melee classes which are better at melee and excellent at range as well.

I`m completely agree with Clogon.

Big ups to you clogon for continuing to push this. I have completely given up on this, then again I've completely given up on ro as well. >_>

clogon you summarize what what every ranger in the server feels, before i started playing renewal i discarded the idea of the wolf i thought to myself even if the falcon is a little worst i still like it and i will use it, then it happen i saw the abysmal difference and reality hit they are in two different leagues it was IMPOSSIBLE to be competent and have the falcon at the same time as a ranger it makes a whole skill tree useless and irrelevant and with a tear in my eye i discarded my good old and never hungry falcon

I knew you were dedicated, but doing a 3000word summary report wasn't expected. It is even longer than the 2500 essay I'm currently typing xD

Excellent post Clogon.

Yeah pretty much what the rest of the Ranger community feels. I feel so very useless in a party and siege ;) And I would love my falcon back.

somehow i feel like i still wont be satisfied even after all those changes, its just not as powerful as the other classes

i like the idea that Aimed Bolt could work with any immobilization skills. due to the warg bite(the most proper snaring skill) large additional cooldown. even with new %modifier and +100% range wouldnt help if we still struggle with problem 'how to snare'

about Sensitive Keen, i have it maxed. here is some of my experience with it.
pros :
1.huge AoE
2.has no cooldown, spam it on string is quite good
cons:
1.low chance warg bite and huge delay. i found people start to hide/cloak again once they revealed meanwhile i still waiting for the skill delay. horong card+warg bite is much better on that case
2.its ridiculous. in siege maps, it only destroy my OWN traps. enemies traps are still fine

i like the idea that Aimed Bolt could work with any immobilization skills. due to the warg bite(the most proper snaring skill) large additional cooldown. even with new %modifier and +100% range wouldnt help if we still struggle with problem 'how to snare'

about Sensitive Keen, i have it maxed. here is some of my experience with it.
pros :
1.huge AoE
2.has no cooldown, spam it on string is quite good
cons:
1.low chance warg bite and huge delay. i found people start to hide/cloak again once they revealed meanwhile i still waiting for the skill delay. horong card+warg bite is much better on that case
2.its ridiculous. in siege maps, it only destroy my OWN traps. enemies traps are still fine

Thank you for your post! It reminded me of MANY things that are wrong with it! Especially number 2 con.

Keen and Remove trap from Rangers cannot destroy traps of Chasers and vice versa! As a defender using this skill usually results in removing your own traps only as attacking rangers do not use offensive snares. And since it cannot remove Chaser's Traps, it does more harm than good.

#3 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

Limiting the amount of quotes is annoying...

Nice post Clogon.

I've only had limited time on my Ranger (I prefer their cousin the Maestro), so I have a more outsider opinion, but if I had my way, this is what I'd do:

• Allow the Falcon and Warg to coexist (even I opted out of falcon skills much to my chagrin).
  • Make Aimed Bolt work more like a ranged g-fist with damage similar to GoH. It should work on any immobilization skill, have a long fixed cast portion (more like 5 vs the current 2), but be a OHKO for all but those under the affect of DA or Pneuma.
  • Arrow Storm should be able to output the same DPS as Severe Rainstorm (over 60K per ~5 seconds at 150), but as burst damage instead of SR's chip damage. I would say a very short cast or no cast with a 5 second cooldown or half the damage with a 2.5 second cooldown.
  • Traps should no longer be able to be placed beneath targets (I know, here come the screams), but in it's place, Trap Research gives an invisibility time to traps so that they cannot be seen by any but allies (party, guild, and guild allies). For instance, level 1 gives invisibility for 20% of the life of the trap, level 5 gives full trap duration invisibility. MPs shouldn't work but maybe Detect, IC, HD, Earth Drive, Sight and Ruwach can. I'm picturing a guild walking into an open hallway and having a ranger detonate the invisible traps around said guild, killing most of them. Or guilds being forced to put their Rangers, Acos, or Mages on the front line to detect hidden traps. Also, Snap shouldn't be able to avoid and destroy traps.
  • Fear Breeze should be up to 50% chance at level 5.
  • Get rid of the fixed cast times for AR, FA, and FAS. Use cooldowns instead if it's absolutely necessary (which it isn't).
I'm looking forward to the camo update, but not the equipment update. Gear isn't what should make a Ranger competitive with other classes. The should be the hands down best ranged killer who can easily spot cloaked targets and immobilize anyone with traps.

I'm also very curious as a Maestro, to see how the new Dances with Wargs skill affects Warg skills. ;)

• Allow the Falcon and Warg to coexist (even I opted out of falcon skills much to my chagrin).
  • Make Aimed Bolt work more like a ranged g-fist with damage similar to GoH. It should work on any immobilization skill, have a long fixed cast portion (more like 5 vs the current 2), but be a OHKO for all but those under the affect of DA or Pneuma.
  • Arrow Storm should be able to output the same DPS as Severe Rainstorm (over 60K per ~5 seconds at 150), but as burst damage instead of SR's chip damage. I would say a very short cast or no cast with a 5 second cooldown or half the damage with a 2.5 second cooldown.
  • Fear Breeze should be up to 50% chance at level 5.
  • Get rid of the fixed cast times for AR, FA, and FAS. Use cooldowns instead if it's absolutely necessary (which it isn't).

I`m agree with this. But not with trap part.

About Warg Bite...

It CANNOT remove chaser traps ONLY. This means it can still clear Hunter/Sniper/Ranger traps. I've had no issues clearing a whole screen worth of snares and sleep mines with a single button... Clearing a whole defense line for the cavalry to move in past Precast line ain't bad as a support skill. I consider it a useful skill, even if its to kill my own traps... if i'm not happy with the layout of them.

Yeah but when used defensively and destroying our own traps in the process is quite annoying.

#4 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

I wish Rangers that visit this forum would post more here... Anyways here is another update on the discussion at iROwiki.

That's why I'd say there should be 2 rangers in defensive parties in woe... one for the snaring... the other for SKing around the whole castle... trying to avoid the precast line.

oh my bad, so only chasers trap cannot be removed by sensitive keen. i am pvp oriented people actually, i face chasers much more often than ranger. so i just assume so.

Since we're on that... why won't chaser traps go off in WOE or PVP when using SK? A bug...? Plain hate towards the ranger class?

It's a bug most likely. It also applies to monster traps too. <.<

Taken from here. If you see weird things from the quite is because he just copied and pasted what I wrote in mine without quotes. XD

For my notes.

Remove Trap and Sensitive Keen from a Hunter Class Branch cannot affect Rogue Class Branch's traps and vice versa.

So that means the Falcon skill that kills traps from distance DOES work on those?

Falcon cannot remove Ranger traps. I dunno if it can remove hunter traps from Chasers and monsters though.

clogan, how's fear breeze in renewal patch? based on your article, it looks like camo and aimed bolt will be worth maxing out. but i am auto-warg and trap ranger so it looks difficult for me to balance my skills.

skills i wanna max out:
fire trap
trap research
warg tooth
warg strike

to be considered:
camo
aimed bolt

Fear Breeze remains negligible in its DPS increase and becomes even more negligible now that Warg Strike got a huge boost.

Camo and Aimed Bolt are nice. You don't really need Camo 5, 3 is enough especially now that they reduced the SP cost of Warg Rider. But if you don't like the slowness and reliance of Warg Rider to move at normal Speed then maxing it isn't a bad idea.

As many people know I still don't like Aimed Bolt even with the damage boost. It isn't reliable enough for me. And using it as a leveling skill isn't great because of how PVM is in RE. If Bio3 and 4 have become good enough exp to level using Aimed Bolt then it'll be a nice skill to have.

#5 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

Again quote limit is annoying...

Nice Job man...

Regarding FB, i agree WS is still better, the only instance where FB becomes better is at places where elements matter, my WS does 4.5-5k but my FB does 6k+ with crappy gears (did u guy see the vid from Sarune where he was doing 14k FBs to Kasas?... had a lot of buffs though...) and they proc almost the same time... but at places like bradium golems or where element don't matter so much/ hi def, auto-WS'ing is so much better. Saves you alot of arrows too. FB = 1-5 arrows, WS = 0 arrows, problem is though if there's an obstacle even though you can shoot with bow, warg won't attack (stupid rocks in Thors...)

Question about Camo, as soon as you attack or use a skill, do the buffs go away?

Regarding AB, i wonder how much damage it is after the changes, it'll only be worth it if you can one-shot high hp/xp good decent loot monsters

Regarding Keen Nose, it's a judgment call thing, if someone is cloaked near/on the traps and he/she brought friends, it's better to spam WB (remember when you KN, your WB is delayed too, that's 5 seconds that you can't cast WB, and it could only takes less than a second to kill a ranger) but if the cloaked person is alone and you have someone with you then KN would be ok, remember they can cloak faster before you can WB them after you cast KN...
personally it doesn't bother me as when resetting traps, it's a great mass removal rather than picking up traps one by one ... also if your guildies are being nubs by stepping on your traps and forcing you to KN to release them then idk what to say... i mean seriously, they should stay out of the trap line and deal only people who managed to get through as there's alot of stopping/delaying skills now aside from traps (cursed circle, thorny, tetra vortex, jack frost... )also there's a bajillion ranged skills now with the other classes that they can use to kill ... also there's a lot of skills that they can use to pass trap line (Sura snap, Mech hover... for crying out loud castle flags, seriously if it's your castle and you're walking, idk what to say...)

@Allos-don't say that, i've been told by breakers is that the worst thing to happen to them when it's almost the last 2.5 mins before end of woe and they're rushing is to get caught in a trap whether be it ankle, sleep or frozen... seriously the ones, of the one who can get through (Sura, Mech & Chaser), which one do you think will have 193 aspd to break in less than 3 mins...? of course do try not to die so they stay in ur traps...

By the way let`s discuss about ABolt balancing - IMHO on PvP it should OHKO for most classes if they`re do not resort to their survival skills(Pneuma, HWalk, Kaupe and such).
So IMHO Damage of ABolt should be doubled. So ABolt provide 4000% damage vs small Immobilised enemy, 6000% damage vs medium and 8000% vs Large at Lvl 100 and 6000% damage vs Small immobilised enemy at Lvl 150, 9000% damage vs medium immobilised at Lvl 150 and 12000% damage vs Large immobilised enemy at Lvl 150.
Also Camouflage shouldn`t be disabled by AoEs and Targetted skills, only Detection skills should cancel Camo - this to provide Camoed Ranger significant damage boost in mass PvP areas.

according to the Clogon's post, ABolt has 4500%-6000% atlvl150 to medium size/player on balancing patch.
with new equipment ranger can get +100% range easily. it's become about 9000%-12000%. so yes, we will have double Abolt damage. sounds great isnt it? but Abolt need snared target to work.so the question is how will you snare people?as we know warg bite as the most effective snaring skill has additional cooldown. and it is not bit it is 15 second! plus the fact Aimed Bolt remove snared status so we couldnt use it as often as possible.
i've been thinking some alternative options to snaring target besides Bite. howewer it takes too much set up so yeah its still difficult for us to use ABolt properly

@Allos-don't say that, i've been told by breakers is that the worst thing to happen to them when it's almost the last 2.5 mins before end of woe and they're rushing is to get caught in a trap whether be it ankle, sleep or frozen... seriously the ones, of the one who can get through (Sura, Mech & Chaser), which one do you think will have 193 aspd to break in less than 3 mins...? of course do try not to die so they stay in ur traps...

Dunno about your server but 193 aspd mechanics are pretty popular in mine. Sura with KA build got decent AGI too and can break pretty well. Chasers with ASS are also high in the aspd department. And last time I checked, you can be immune to sleep and frozen, that leaves ankle snare left for you and people can easily snap over it, not to mention those 190 aspd RGs that can just trample your traps.

You can go through all that trouble and at the same time your teammates may just ruin your traps for you by actually stepping on them and getting themselves killed. Honestly if they fixed the trap to avoid friendly fire, that would already boost the Hunter class by a ton.

You can also ask your Sura teammate to just CC them all and GOH them to death before they even come close to your emp.

I'm not saying Rangers suck and just go pick another class. I actually love playing my Ranger even though we're not as strong as other classes. But when you look at things objectively, you really have to share the same sentiments as Clogon. Rangers just don't bring much to the table compared to other classes and are easily replaceable.

Wow I love you guys. Thanks for the feedback and reminders! No one is posting on the WP forums. >.<

@Lieren:

I am assuming you mean Sarune and his video below. You should notice quite a few things.

1) He is STACKED with buffs and effects that mainly benefits normal attacks, +70% Atk buff from Falcon Eyes and Windmill which only increases skills like Warg Strike from 600% to 670%, Enchant Blade which has no effect on skills what so ever, and then he is using OAB combo which gives +50% Range damage.

2) No they do not proc at "almost the same rate". He has 149 Luk for gods sakes (49.67% Warg Strike). Before even 1 Fear Breeze activation (within the first 43s of the vid), he already had 12 Warg Strike activations. At 193 aspd, it is quite difficult to tell at a quick glance. But if you pause and count the warg strike damages, Warg Strike clearly outputs MUCH more damage than Fear Breeze even with all of said buffs. Though out the entire video, Fear Breeze only activated 9 times. Sarune was quite lucky though! His distribution was 2x 2hits, 2x 3hits, 2x 4hits and 3x 5hits. Most of the time he kills with purely Warg Strike and Crits, yet still manage to kill just as fast.

3) This isn't even the new Warg Strike which has its damage output doubled thanks to a 66.67% mod boost and 400% boost to Warg Tooth's mastery bonus.

4) It is PVM, so no reduction effects which the Warg bypasses. So in PVP/WoE, the discrepancy between Warg strike and Fear Breeze will be even higher.

Warg Rangers are so weak:facepalm:

Or are they...

Read the skill changes to Camo, using most skills will not remove it (list of skills that do are included) but normal attacks will.

Thanks for reminding me that auto casts active the Cooldown of skills! If there are multiple Hidden/Cloaked enemies and you use Keen but it doe not bite the desired target, you are stuck with a 5 (15 after patch) Cooldown even if you didn't manually activate the skill leaving the priority enemy the ability to Hide/Cloak again. This scenario happens 60% of the time! Which is why I find Keen's 40% Bite auto cast too unreliable. If you are spamming this skill under Stings against multiple Hidden/Cloaked enemies, you will not be able to manually Bite other Visible priority targets since Keen only reveals and Bites Hidden/Cloaked ones. As a mass detection and Trap removal skill, it is great but the 40% Bite will usually more harm than good with Bite's new 15s cooldown.

I really want this skill to be changed but really have no clue of how to go about it. 100% Bite with a 15s cooldown to match the new Bite? But this will nerf it's ability to reveal new enemies in the area and also destroy traps. Remove the Bite auto cast entirely and the delay so it is just as mass detection and trap removal skill? I think this is the better option since we can just manually bite the target we desire.

Chaser's don't need 193 ASPD to break easily. They are the 2nd fastest breakers thanks to their Double Attack which increases their DPS against the EMP by 1.5x. They only need 189 ASPD to break as fast as other classes with 193 ASPD. Mechs get 190+ ASPD easily thanks to their buffs and Merchant Medal's of Honour.

Luckily, Sura's are the worst EMP Breaker since Trifecta blow has no effect on the EMP and occurs at least 20% of the time. However since most Sura's don't max this skill out it usually is left at lvl5 which is 25% chance to do 0 damage to the EMP.

#6 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

Can this be stickied ? They are asking for feedback on the recent skill changes for other classes, but they never asked for feedback for ranger skill changes. Apparently no one cares about this class which is why many of us have given up hope completely.

On topic: I completely agree with CLOGON on most of his analysis. I am waiting for June when Heim said they will be putting updates for skill changes. I have not touched my ranger since months since it will be much more fun once we get the updates.

#7 carnisero

carnisero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

love ranger but they suck. I liked sniper pre-renewal better.

#8 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

Well done. You probably spent more time on this than gravity did on Rangers altogether.

Now someone get Tears, Atum and the rest of these people to post the other 11 :)

#9 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:59 PM

Personally I take issue with comparing the arrow skills to traps and finding them lacking. Traps have been made too good, and if arrow skills were ever on par, or better, it would be ridiculous. If you'd like Ranger to become a more versatile class, as they should be, a change needs to be made to traps before you even consider buffing up the other skills.

Edited by Nombus, 12 May 2011 - 03:02 PM.

#10 Ryzel

Ryzel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:31 PM

I agree with carnisero. I had made a hunter long long ago and looked forward so much to reaching sniper...I finnaly reached it then saw rangers and was like...ehh...what happened to the falcon? The warg is nice but it seems almost like an entirely differnt class. Arch bishops are still a priest. Rune knights are still a knight and so on...but to me it seems rangers became something else entirely. Also if it wasnt for the hp/sp boost it doesnt seem like snipers really fit into the equation.

I would like to see some sort of improvement in synergy between sniper-ranger or with other classes even, and also some sort of integration of the falcon into ranger...In 2007 when I first made it to hunter I named my falcon....now what?

#11 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Personally I take issue with comparing the arrow skills to traps and finding them lacking. Traps have been made too good, and if arrow skills were ever on par, or better, it would be ridiculous. If you'd like Ranger to become a more versatile class, as they should be, a change needs to be made to traps before you even consider buffing up the other skills.

Well, the ranger skill tree is such that, you can either take traps, or bow skills, or warg skills. You can take a few traps, but then you if you do that, you wont be able to take all the bow skills, or warg skills and so on. So I think it makes sense that the traps are powerful. But what doesnt make sense is that bow skills outright suck. Every other melee class has better ranged skills than a ranger, which is just stupid.

#12 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

Nicely done clogon. I thought of this when iro was new: Oh i wana be hunter so i can use bow and no one can get near me. ~ THEN ~ when trans classes were implemented: Oh i wana trans into a sniper, they got stronger skills and better bow buffs and the falcon looks cooler. ~ But NOW ~ after pre-renewal/renewal: WHAT THE puppy*, my bow's are useless, all bow skills are nerfed, longer cast time, the new dog's slight better than falcon yet falcon can overcome obstacles, wth are these elemental traps?? (yea trap the sura so his ghost armor would turn fire or ice -then a sudden BOOM ur dead - oh he used GOH thats why); the only good thing cluster/fire/ice trapz, oh wait the cluster traps the only thing that gives the highest damage 30k - oh wait whats the RK's HP 60k ahhh.

~since when a BOW MASTER becomes a dagger user, eh? ~ no wonder KRO or IRO or whatever RO, most of their players quit or moved to WOW, or rather play on private servers which is quite better than the original ones.

~my wish: I wish that all bow skills of ranger class doesn't have any delay like DS before renewal & damage goes 3000% ~ nerf the trapz not the bowskills.

~I also hate about the future changes on warg bite since it's the only skill I use to hold off other players in siege areas, WOEs and PVPs

if they keep this BUL|_CR@P till next year, I have no doubt that every RO will be RIP just like euro

Edit: /omg - did u just -1 my rep D:< Myz ~ u never read

Edited by geniewinie, 26 July 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#13 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

having a level 140 ranger, I am happy about these suggsstions but i also want to rant about Snap and backslide bypassing Warg bite, Electric trap, and ankle snare.... It's just lame...

#14 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

Being that I am the ONLY remaining Ranger on Yggdrasil past 130 (120 maybe?) with and still using a bow, let me comment a few. I agree foremost with Clogon that Fear Breeze is horrible; 10% is hardly a good proc. rate to make it useful relative to skills that other classes have (and that it doesn't stack with Snake Head or anything of that sort). As a Ranger that focuses on ASPD, I really don't have a single reliable AoE that helps me control mobs, which is ridiculous. Right, I can shoot down monsters ONE by ONE, but even my damage fails in comparison to other classes that can one-hit monsters or mob. And it is not like my equips are horrible either, they're actually pretty good. I've always questioned our usefulness in parties, in which I found that I am better at luring and weakening monsters for others to kill, rather than actually doing the killing myself. Shooting monsters one at a time is pitiful. At least make the damage better or fix Arrow Storm, so that there can be a worthwhile third job bow skill.

But my experience only comes from being a bow/ASPD Ranger. You know, it really isn't cheap. Buying hundreds of Eluniums (well for me and my OAB) and arrows are not cheap at all. With 191-192 ASPD, I run through 6,000 arrows like tissue paper. With the need for expensive gear to maximize ASPD to actually have "okay" damage, it makes this class really unappealing and undesireable.

Rangers should be able to be fast and do damage quickly with less defense. I have never seen, in any game, archers being restricted to traps being that their bow is too weak. I hope there can be considerations to improve Fear Breeze and Arrow Storm, because my best bow skills are still from first job. Lower or even erase the cast time. These days, people are like WOW a Ranger using a bow? You're the only one I know that still does!

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

I am now curious how much million you burn in a week just from arrows. xD

Personally, I was using a Luck Warger build for about 20 levels after I became a Ranger. I felt my killing speed was just too slow in comparison to Trap Rangers who can tank 50+ mobs and kill them all at once. Trapper build is really just an efficient way to level and hunt.

Also, you'll never kill anything in PvP/WoE with a Bow Ranger. You can spam double Strafe with a +9 KvM Bow and still can't even kill a mage class. It's just way too weak if you got these RKs with Dragon Breath/CS, Suras with GoH, Genetics with CC/plants running around and with all the possible demi human reduction gear you can have to negate PvP damage. >_>

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 26 July 2011 - 09:56 PM.

#16 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:12 PM

I would love to see Fire Trap and the burning status adjusted so that it doesn't rob my XP/Kill Counts continually. Either that or just remove the delay on Ice Trap to allow usage of that as a leveling skill instead.

Currently, goes without saying that the Monster Element Changing Traps are total garbage. For it to not work on players/bosses, it's totally useless. Even if there was only an item cost of Special Alloy Trap, I doubt anyone would still put this in their build or use it.

Also, screw ctrl click killing. I don't want to see major buffs to this crap. If I wanted to ctrl click kill my whole RO career I would have stopped playing after Beta testing. With a PVM system based around mob killing, ctrl clicking would seem like a lifelong sentence in leveling to 150.

Ranger bow skills are garbage, but rather than changing the terribad mechanics of the skills themselves they add game limiting gears to compensate. Utter bull. End game gears and more crap to get at high upgrades to keep you hoping one day you will be useful after a few hundred $ spammed at kaf shop upgrades on imaginary gears, stat/skill resets. Btw please don't insult me with saying things like "you can upgrade without kaf shop." Want to impress me, make a +14 end game gear w/o kaf shop.

Inside Woe, rangers are TOTALLY removed from the equation. Best you can do is Warg Bite assist and that gets an unneeded nerf lol. Trap damage kills allies and friendlies. Only Ice/Fire Traps can be placed under foot but Ice has a huge delay for some stupid unknown reason. Traps rely heavily on positioning or positioning via knock back, so one a trapped area has been traversed that's pretty much the end of usefulness for trappers. With the Warg Bite nerf, Rangers will only have ankle snare, a NONTRANS hunter skill, for debuff.

#17 Intrigue

Intrigue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

I am now curious how much million you burn in a week just from arrows. xD

Personally, I was using a Luck Warger build for about 20 levels after I became a Ranger. I felt my killing speed was just too slow in comparison to Trap Rangers who can tank 50+ mobs and kill them all at once. Trapper build is really just an efficient way to level and hunt.

Also, you'll never kill anything in PvP/WoE with a Bow Ranger. You can spam double Strafe with a +9 KvM Bow and still can't even kill a mage class. It's just way too weak if you got these RKs with Dragon Breath/CS, Suras with GoH, Genetics with CC/plants running around and with all the possible demi human reduction gear you can have to negate PvP damage. >_>

Hehe, well depends. I usually buy 100 Elus at once and depending on the market, which I bought for 15k each, it was 1.5m for about one or two days. I guess it doesn't sound bad, but for newer players or people that don't have a lot of money to spare, it really adds up. Yeah, DS is really too weak to be of any use now.

#18 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

Hehe, well depends. I usually buy 100 Elus at once and depending on the market, which I bought for 15k each, it was 1.5m for about one or two days. I guess it doesn't sound bad, but for newer players or people that don't have a lot of money to spare, it really adds up. Yeah, DS is really too weak to be of any use now.

I suggest buying burning horse shoes. Lots cheaper, and lighter.

#19 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

Buying hundreds of Eluniums (well for me and my OAB) and arrows are not cheap at all. With 191-192 ASPD, I run through 6,000 arrows like tissue paper. With the need for expensive gear to maximize ASPD to actually have "okay" damage, it makes this class really unappealing and undesireable.

I find it funny that your Elu on Ygg is cheaper than buying Tsurugis to make Steel arrows on Ymir. You have a good point on this though, arrows are retarded expensive. But hopefully with 14.1 Elven arrows won't be too expensive from an NPC. I remember someone mentioning they were 5z or something each? Could you confirm this Clogon?

#20 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

sad thou... i miss seeing falcon all over pront... well at-least Ranger can beat an RG...with warg bite while setting death trap...

Back to Ragnarok Online Community Chat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users