Best possible cast time reduction?!?! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best possible cast time reduction?!?!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:11 PM

So, I'm returning to Ragnarok, and working on my bow-knight-wiz Dark Chaser. Yes, I'm a wanna-be hunter/knight/wizard XD But, I was trying to figure out the best possible item set for reduced cast rate for my wanna-be-wiz fascination, so I can cast super speedy like! I'm also being a little matk conscious, but noy, for really big differences. Hence why I chose Bazerald for weapon. So, this is what I got in mind(without using mvp cards). I wouldn't mind matk item suggestions either and suggestion for other classes, that way other people can look at it too :P

As far as I can tell, dex doesn't play nearly as an important role in cast time as it did pre-renewal. While dex is important, I'm not sure whether + dex is better than reduced cast time gear anymore at any dex amount.
Anyways, this is what I have in mind so far!

+9 crown of deceit + Katheryn card thingy
Orleans's shield
2 x Orlean's glove (Orlean's glove + sheild = 10% reduced cast time and the gloves give 2dex.) Would nimble Orleans's gloves make much a difference?
Well Chewed Pencil -2 dex
+x Bazerald (Too much matk to lose for +4 dex weapon. Bg weapons have way less matk. Only viable replacement is glorious rapier, which is pretty much impossible to get.
+x 3 dex Diabolous Armor + byorgue card - 10% matk + 4 dex
any shoes
any robe/garment

Anyways, hope you all are haveing a great time. Its interesting about the new vip system. So like, being on Ymir and having 9 chars already, does that mean if I delete one, I can't make another unless I pay for subscription thingy? Anyways, Thanks!!!

#2 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

The Orleans glove combo win stack I think so you will have to use a sprint ring
Add in buffs from priests like secrament and suffragium and also the reduction from stats, if I'm not wrong,
( ( int + dex*2 ) / 540 )*100%

#3 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

Yep, the sprint ring is another 10%. If you combine with sprint shoes and sprint mail, you have another 3%

+9 crown of deceit with kathryne keyron is 29%

Orlean's glove + orlean's server is 10%

Total of 52%. Now let's say you have like 110 int and 70 dex total (with gears and stuff)

(1 - SQRT((DEX * 2 + INT) / 530)) * (1 - sum_castReduction/100%) * baseCast * 0.8

(1 - SQRT((140 + 110) / 530)) * (1 - 52%/100%) * baseCast * 0.8 => 85% reduction of the variable cast time.

Now you should note that there's still 20% fixed casting that you barely can do anything about it except of the skill of a arc bishop which reduces it by 50%. I believe there's some gear which reduces it by like 3%. 3% of 20% is 0.6% total lol.

#4 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:20 AM

Sorcerers can get instacast pretty easily.

#5 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Is the baseCast just the cast rate of the spell? Like, lets say SG is 5 seconds, say baseCast of SG = 5 seconds.
AAAAH!!!! What is it!!! Haha :P

#6 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

Wing Staff also decreases cast time by 5%.

#7 NeoJC

NeoJC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:35 AM

Sorcerers can get instacast pretty easily.

how?

#8 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:13 AM

Is the baseCast just the cast rate of the spell? Like, lets say SG is 5 seconds, say baseCast of SG = 5 seconds.
AAAAH!!!! What is it!!! Haha :)

Yep

Also, how? I'm curious too...

#9 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

Hmmm Interesting... but you don't need that many cast time reduction gear if you can get around 140 DEX...

But that's for Warlocks mostly... not sure if that does apply to your Chaser plus you don't have access to certain weapons we have to increase our MATK... but with 150 INT and 140 DEX built (just buffs included) I can reduce my Cast time to 15% (10% fixed + 5% variable cast time).

Ohh Sorcerers get instant cast time thanks to one of their summons (the wind one I believe) that reduces 1 second? of the fixed cast time or total cast time... but at the end, instant cast time for "some" spells it is possible for them...

#10 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

how?

Psychic Wave is almost all variable cast time. Get as much dex/int as possible and summon level 3 Ventus in passive mode.
http://irowiki.org/w..._Spirit_Level_3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users