New to renewal, would appreciate help - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New to renewal, would appreciate help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Einzbern

Einzbern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

So far, after reading around a little bit, I'm being lead to believe Sorcerer is accepted as being better than Warlock in terms of magic dps. So I'm pretty sure that's the route I want to head.

Now, I'll be starting completely fresh and I'm not quite ready to pony up the money for the cash shop. I won't be grabbing a soul linker spouse.

I'm pretty sure I want to go the bolter route. What skills should I grab? My guess would be all 3 bolts+firewall(or is vfw not used anymore?) to 10. What about after that? Also, what about stats? I would imagine full int. I'm not quite sure how the fixed and variable cast times work. Would it be worth going full dex as well? What about agi instead for flee and not using Firewall?

#2 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:32 AM

Use this to plan your skills:
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/

Since you are not prepared to get a linker spouse (at least not yet) then bolter is the route for you. In the long term if you like the class and the game i'd advise a linker spouse for when u hit sorc at least.

You can get away with just bolting your way to sorc. I would advise maxing fwall first - that is the only spell i use up till about 60-70. You can melee till you are in ant egg range. Then get to OD and just vert fwall everything.

Max dragonology for 3 free int. I'd max sp regen 10 for a pvm build and get 1 freecast at least for convenience. The Aoes you might as well get as there might be some low level turn ins where you will be useful.

You can get 99 int but you don't need to max dex now, especially if you are going to be using dual imp/siromas. Although instacast is harder to get, base bolt cast times seem much faster now. My advise is add dex till you are happy and rest in luk for more matk or you could get some vit. It is unlikely that you can get enough flee for it to be useful and honestly it is not really needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users