• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ElterAgo

ElterAgo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:11 AM

Since I like the idea of getting something else to do my fighting for me...

Which tends to be more useful, the Avenger captures or the Dominator pets?

(Though I have to say the effeminate appearance of the Xenoa bugs me.)

#2 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:01 AM

domis pets are more practical and better untill you can capture at least JS mobs which is at 70+ but even then i think domi pets are better not sure how they compare to ST mobs which you can capture at lvl 79 which won't help you with grind much

#3 Tidus79001

Tidus79001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:40 AM

Since I like the idea of getting something else to do my fighting for me...

Which tends to be more useful, the Avenger captures or the Dominator pets?

(Though I have to say the effeminate appearance of the Xenoa bugs me.)

I prefer Dominator pets because they can be healed & re-summoned. Avengers can capture powerful monsters as pets, but you only have the pet for 2 hour, or until it dies. Once it dies you have to go capture another pet.

See my thread Hunter Pets = Bad Joke

#4 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

Domi Pets are a joke , they do like no dmg in Battlefields. they are only a bit annoying because targeting them with TAB. and almost all Domis are no danger too , most fast to kill.

Hunter/Avenger are still sometimes a pain in the butt

#5 ElterAgo

ElterAgo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Domi Pets are a joke , they do like no dmg in Battlefields. they are only a bit annoying because targeting them with TAB. and almost all Domis are no danger too , most fast to kill.

Hunter/Avenger are still sometimes a pain in the butt

should have mentioned I do not do any PvP.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

Well, most of this was said above but still.

Dominator pets give less troubles. You only need to have the skill and summon them when you want. Are good to leave them there killing without you being in front of the pc. But is true that in pvp arnt that useful.

From the other side, the Avenger ones give, in theory, much more posibilities, since you can capture most of the mobs in the game (if you have enough lvl, different skill lvls unlock different kinds of mobs to be captured, you should check that in the requiem-wiki). But at the end, those pets dont worth until lvl 68 (in wich you can capture the Jacob Shrine mobs, if you have the middle capture monster at max, with max dna): from there, you will be mostly using that mob until lvl 79 when you can capture the Secret Temple mobs, but since the cap lvl is 79 100%, it is almost useless to have them (unless you go to pvp or raids).

But the main problem with the captured monsters is that you must go back to the place you capture this monsters, each 2 hours, to renew them, wich can be annoying, unless you grind the same mobs you capture. If you dont bother to travel each time you want to capture a mob, then isnt that bad.

(edited): even if what i said doesnt sound that good for the captured monsters, personally i enjoy it more than the Dominator's ones. Still, i like both, the Dominator ones have the adventage of be simple of use (even if are more complex to give orthers, because are more than one) and the amount of them make them gives the player some kind of living shield, pluss, are nice to grind without the need to be there. And in the other side the Avenger pet, are stronger but have the disadventage to have many troubles to capture them and that are worthless until lvl 68.

Edited by Nadesh, 07 May 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#7 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:06 AM

Well, most of this was said above but still.

Dominator pets give less troubles. You only need to have the skill and summon them when you want. Are good to leave them there killing without you being in front of the pc. But is true that in pvp arnt that useful.

From the other side, the Avenger ones give, in theory, much more posibilities, since you can capture most of the mobs in the game (if you have enough lvl, different skill lvls unlock different kinds of mobs to be captured, you should check that in the requiem-wiki). But at the end, those pets dont worth until lvl 68 (in wich you can capture the Jacob Shrine mobs, if you have the middle capture monster at max, with max dna): from there, you will be mostly using that mob until lvl 79 when you can capture the Secret Temple mobs, but since the cap lvl is 79 100%, it is almost useless to have them (unless you go to pvp or raids).

But the main problem with the captured monsters is that you must go back to the place you capture this monsters, each 2 hours, to renew them, wich can be annoying, unless you grind the same mobs you capture. If you dont bother to travel each time you want to capture a mob, then isnt that bad.

im not 100% sure , but when i changed my Ranger to Avenger i could get JS mobs at 73 only , could not get them at 72 because no higher DNA cause of lvl.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:14 AM

It depends on the skill you use. Many people jump right away to the Capturing High Level Monster (lvl 70 one), and at that lvl the skill will be lvl 1 + 1 lvl of the dna, wich make you unable to capture the JS mobs until lvl 73 (skill lvl 2 + dna lvl 2), and will have less chance to capture. But if you use the Capturing Medium Level Monster (lvl 50 one), maxed and with maxed dna, then you can capture the JS mobs at lvl 68. Yes, one spend a lot more points in that way, but the adventage of have that monster 5 lvls early is big enough, and it worth it.

In fact, the only reasons to change to the high lvl one is to capture the ST mobs (wich i am not sure if are able to be captured with the Middle one, i hear that it isnt, but never tested), or if you want to capture the low lvl bosses, because most nightmares dont worth it. And because it save a lot of points at higher lvls, but before lvl 76, doesnt even worth to change one skill for the other.

#9 Fimbul

Fimbul

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:51 AM

dominator pets are completly bugged....take them

#10 UrbaKing

UrbaKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationIn your mind
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Yea Dominator pets are better for PvE, you can afk grind and they dont die as easily as they used too. In pvp/pve kazara can slow anything so dominators are very useful.

#11 ElterAgo

ElterAgo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

ok thx guys.

I will work on a dominator

#12 jerome15

jerome15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNY, USA
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

In fact, the only reasons to change to the high lvl one is to capture the ST mobs (wich i am not sure if are able to be captured with the Middle one, i hear that it isnt, but never tested), or if you want to capture the low lvl bosses, because most nightmares dont worth it. And because it save a lot of points at higher lvls, but before lvl 76, doesnt even worth to change one skill for the other.

i have tried to capture ST mobs with maxed mid level capture and max dna and it was not possible, so don't bother trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users