Developer Notes: 05/07/11 - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Developer Notes: 05/07/11

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

Rose will never die :)

Posted Image

#52 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

Rose will never die :)

+1 (Why don't they add more +1 buttons :D )

#53 Revolve

Revolve

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1044 posts
  • LocationKaizy's Profile.
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

Goblin Caves: Survive or Die
This summer, a whole new experience will be released. Prepare to enter the Goblin Caves and fight for your life. Set up camp in the Chamber of the Goblin King and be ready for a challenge. You and your party will go up against waves of enemies to battle with the King of the Goblins. Without teamwork and focus your only reward will be certain death. The instance will have multiple difficulties for many level ranges to experience and rewards beyond compare. More announcements regarding the Goblin Caves Chamber will be released soon so keep your eyes open.

something like black ops zombies? :)

#54 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

something like black ops zombies? :)

I suppose that's a good way to put it. Lol

#55 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:59 AM

Words from the Developers:
Now that the Item Mall integration has been completed, we would like to announce what the development team has in store for the next couple months.

This summer, a whole new experience will be released. Prepare to enter the Goblin Caves and fight for your life. Set up camp in the Chamber of the Goblin King and be ready for a challenge. You and your party will go up against waves of enemies to battle with the King of the Goblins. Without teamwork and focus your only reward will be certain death. The instance will have multiple difficulties for many level ranges to experience and rewards beyond compare. More announcements regarding the Goblin Caves Chamber will be released soon so keep your eyes open.

PvP
As soon as this upcoming patch, there will be an update to the Union War map to alleviate some of the problems that have existed. Other areas of improvement are also being looked into.

Begin training and recruiting clan members, the wars between the clans are returning this year.

Bugs/Syncing/Enhancements
The team wants everyone to know that they are devoting a large portion of development to this area. Over the next couple months, we will be looking into major bugs in the game and finding solutions to them. Issues of the client and server not syncing will aslo be looked into. We will also look ino various elements that may enhance gameplay. Our goal is to remove the hiccups from the ROSE experience, so the player can focus on the addictive gameplay that is the core of ROSE.

can u pls give lil more details what bugs u talking about?

may u can set up a vote for the cumunity to show u what the comunity wanna get fixed first and in order then !!!!
so dun understand me wrong... i know u guys allways try to fix any bugs...but lets kepp on the truth....80% are get the wrong priority in what the community see to be fixed at first^^

so for me.....+1 to fix the ignore addon asap !!!!

#56 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

may u can set up a vote for the cumunity to show u what the comunity wanna get fixed first and in order then !!!!
so dun understand me wrong... i know u guys allways try to fix any bugs...but lets kepp on the truth....80% are get the wrong priority in what the community see to be fixed at first^^

Fixing RRE's Ignore Function requires RRE to be updated entirely.

#57 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

One thing I have learned after years of playing ROSE, "One should not believe anything the DEV team say unless you see it with his/her own eyes. Even if he/she see it with his/her own eye, he/she should not believe it either until it's bugs are fix." We can take the ignore function. We have been told for years that the DEV team were working on it. After years of waiting, the ignore function got add to the game, but did it work? From that experienced, I strongly believe that we should just wait and see. We should not hope or expect anything. Honestly, i don't expect anything. I don't even care. I barely log in now a day. If the game is worthy to play, I will play. If not, I will just log in a few minutes (5-10 minutes) per day like what i did now.

#58 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

Fixing RRE's Ignore Function requires RRE to be updated entirely.

i dun speak about the RRE ignore addon.grav had implented their own ignore addon...and this is bugged for weeks now.

#59 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

i dun speak about the RRE ignore addon.grav had implented their own ignore addon...and this is bugged for weeks now.

It is client based thought. I need to ignore a certain person twice to make it happen :) Others are not so lucky on the other hand.

#60 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

More war material and Dungeons!

Maybe a new island full of quest/mini games!

#61 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

It is client based thought. I need to ignore a certain person twice to make it happen :) Others are not so lucky on the other hand.

ya..im not that lucky :D

but i still think its needed a vote with what they plan to fix ... and we can vote the order they fix it^^

#62 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

Yes okay but Zeppelin already said earlier that they tried it on several computers back at Gravity and they had no problems. Unless they can find a client where it doesn't work, they won't have the information to fix it :)

I had problems also with /ignore. Reinstalling my game worked.

#63 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Any chance the whole party will receive the rewards unlike say the Cave of Ulrich (however you spell it). It was so frustrating to get to the end of that run to only get 1 drop and the rest of the party got nothing. If we are all fighting an instance we should all get rewarded. Also, any chance we can get bigger parties for the instance?

As to the bug and glitch fixes I am sure some will be a lot easier to fix than others. I would assume that will determine how or when they are fixed...the difficulty of fixing them.

#64 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

Any chance the whole party will receive the rewards unlike say the Cave of Ulrich (however you spell it). It was so frustrating to get to the end of that run to only get 1 drop and the rest of the party got nothing. If we are all fighting an instance we should all get rewarded. Also, any chance we can get bigger parties for the instance?

As to the bug and glitch fixes I am sure some will be a lot easier to fix than others. I would assume that will determine how or when they are fixed...the difficulty of fixing them.

A party of 8 would be nice. If everyone receives a reward, that may cause problems. How about a %'g on luck when someone gets something. All will get rewards, but some will be common, others uncommon, rare, etc etc etc. This prevents too many issues arising with too many players getting the good items.

Keep in mind they only have a few office computers in order to attempt to locate and fix bugs. Some bugs only happen on certain PCs.

#65 Craft

Craft

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

A party of 8 would be nice. If everyone receives a reward, that may cause problems. How about a %'g on luck when someone gets something. All will get rewards, but some will be common, others uncommon, rare, etc etc etc. This prevents too many issues arising with too many players getting the good items.

Keep in mind they only have a few office computers in order to attempt to locate and fix bugs. Some bugs only happen on certain PCs.

That is a total fail.

#66 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 04:56 PM

That is a total fail.

If you're only going to troll the forums, feel free to leave at any time.

You joined in August of '10, have little to no posts, and two if not more of your most recent posts have been centered towards me and your irritation.

Edited by Rukario, 11 May 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#67 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:07 PM

honestly i fail to see how his post was a fail.

#68 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:11 PM

Keep in mind they only have a few office computers in order to attempt to locate and fix bugs.

Just curious, have you been to their offices in Marina Del Rey?

#69 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

The newcomers are so optimistic.

#70 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:20 PM

i'd rather have the follow command in game, THEN they can fix ignore.
I'm totally missing the follow command from RRE. considering how much of RRE they took into the game wonder why they didnt do this one?

#71 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I had asked, Mom, what the reward was meant to be for the cave of ulverick, now ( in the missing pharoh armory / mask crate thread,) as we had done a couple ulveric instances after the 'drop' update changes and received nothing 2 x in a row for the instance. zep said he would ask the devs bout ulveric and the pharo items and reply, but then he never did respond back.

#72 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Just curious, have you been to their offices in Marina Del Rey?

Either Genesis or Zep said this directly, but I'm failing to find the post now.

Something around the lines of their office computers had been tested on a specific bug and nothing was found.

#73 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:06 PM

What's the point of these threads if non of the questions get answers? <_<

#74 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:14 PM

What's the point of these threads if non of the questions get answers? :mellow:

Do you mean the questions you asked on page 2 of this thread?

"Will Orlo Chapter 3 be out this year?

Anymore quest storylines going to be added to the game apart from the hero quest and repeatable quests?

New armours & weapons?

Any other content aside from the changes to Goblin caves?"

Im going to be surprised if you do get answers. Theres only one thing for it...
Bring the rope, sort some torches and meet me around the back <_<

#75 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

New content in the form of a new Chapter for Orlo would be great. I do hope they offer something a little beefier this time. I really liked Orlo Chapter 1 but Orlo 2 was just tiny update in comparison (very little substance, 1 city map and 1 small out side the city map, a couple of new monsters, mostly quests it would seem). It appeared that Orlo Chapt 1 took a similar amount of time to bring to us. Orlo 2 came approx a year later and was a much tinier update map and content wise.

Here is hoping Gravity is working on Chapt 3 and it will be much more substantive.

P.S.

I note that all three planets prior to Orlo have dungeons:

Junon: Goblin Caves and Cave of Ulrich

Luna: Forgotten Temple

Eldeon: Underground Sikukuk Prison

So it would seem that each planet should have a dungeon. Perhaps we can expect Orlo to get at least one or two more large outdoor maps plus a dungeon before they move on to planet 5.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 18 May 2011 - 03:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users