Worth Transing before picking a 3rd job? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Worth Transing before picking a 3rd job?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:49 PM

I been wondering is it really worth transing before picking one of the 3d jobs? right now I am a 47 rogue or so. Should I trans and go to stalker lv 99/70 then go to Shadow chaser? or is the bonus stat points reallly needed/worth all that extra grinding?

#2 KmXSrd

KmXSrd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationBristol, England
  • Server:iRO Valkyrie

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Yes, it really is worth it, 100 status points isn't a massive amount but the 25% more HP and SP is a huge difference. The only case I would consider skipping trans is if I were making a character for pure slaving purposes.

#3 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:58 PM

If it is a character you intend on doing advanced end game stuff like MVPing/WoE then yes you will want to go the distance and trans before third job.

#4 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

If you went straight to third job you will miss on the transcendent skills.

#5 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

Think about it yourself, is it worth it or not? Definitely yes, you will get:

- HP/SP bonus
- More stats
- Trans skills

Edited by Miii, 07 May 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#6 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:35 PM

You should never ever switch third class without transing, unless...

a) It is a baby chara (because you can't trans)
;) Your chara will be a slave (for example, a ranger to copy firetrap and never again level it)
c) You like remaking charas from scratch or living a sea of disadvantages.

In your specific case, you would miss preserve (not losing your copied skills), full strip, higher HP/SP, more stat points, counter sword thing skill (it blocks dragon breath if the RK is using a dagger, I think?) among other things

Edited by Kadnya, 07 May 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#7 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

You should never ever switch third class without transing, unless...

a) It is a baby chara (because you can't trans)
;) Your chara will be a slave (for example, a ranger to copy firetrap and never again level it)
c) You like remaking charas from scratch or living a sea of disadvantages.

In your specific case, you would miss preserve (not losing your copied skills), full strip, higher HP/SP, more stat points, counter sword thing skill (it blocks dragon breath if the RK is using a dagger, I think?) among other things

Actually 3rd class Chaser's reproduce works diffrently, you press it once you got hit with a skill to learn it, then u toggle it off, after its off you keep it forever unless you use the skill again to learn something else.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Reproduce

Making the whole only 10 min preserve worthless once you hit chaser. Plus reproduce also copys some skills Intimidate can't.. but the question is, can you have BOTH a reproduced skill AND one you got thru intimidate/preserve?

Also as a 52 rogue where could I level at and make some money at the same time? at 274 flee atm. My gear isin't that good using the Eden II dagger, a +10 flee hood, the robo eyes, the mini propellor (2 agi 1 dex 10 flee). and a Glove and a Ring for +2 dex and str.

Edited by Siveria, 07 May 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#8 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:54 PM

Actually 3rd class Chaser's reproduce works diffrently, you press it once you got hit with a skill to learn it, then u toggle it off, after its off you keep it forever unless you use the skill again to learn something else.

Making the whole only 10 min preserve worthless once you hit chaser. Plus reproduce also copys some skills Intimidate can't.. but the question is, can you have BOTH a reproduced skill AND one you got thru intimidate/preserve?

Also as a 52 rogue where could I level at and make some money at the same time? at 274 flee atm. My gear isin't that good using the Eden II dagger, a +10 flee hood, the robo eyes, the mini propellor (2 agi 1 dex 10 flee). and a Glove and a Ring for +2 dex and str.

You get to copy two skills. With intimidate and reproduce. So preserve effectively "preserves" the one from intimidate. With reproduce/shadow spell being another spell.
ie. you can have trifecta/duple light, or meteor storm/highness heal, etc etc.

As far as leveling, I'd keep with the Eden Group quests honestly.

Edited by Katreyn, 07 May 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:10 PM

You can have two skills copied, and for example, if you melee, have double attack + raging trifecta + duple light active, or if you have some matk avaible, have dupple light and a wizard skill copied for autoshadow spell. Or just mob with flying kick and backslide. Or other combinations. Reproduce doesn't make preserve useless, they both add up.

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:19 PM

I have a Thief char leveling guide pinned in the Thief Class section check it out.

#11 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

Something people rarely bring up is you also gain a weight limit bonus at trans, then another when you go third class. If you skip transing and go straight to third class however you do not gain either bonus. It isn't a big plus to transing, but it does make things easier when you can hold 1200 weight more.

#12 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

No. Even if you don't plan on MVPing or WoEing, I wouldn't reccomend skipping trans. The bonus stats, the health, the skills. It's good stuff

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 07 May 2011 - 10:50 PM.

#13 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

If you were playing a Ranger, you can do fine without transing. Wind Walker, Focus Arrow Strike and Falcon Assault aren't really good. 100 extra stats is quite negligible. The only really important thing is the 25% more HP. But even without any of these you'd still be able to PVM just fine and solo many MVP's. Only in WoE that the +25% more hp is important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users