Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

lol

there are not more than 150 people online anymore and u want an other channel?

what a joke...!

we have now mor npc characters ingame than real players....

First off, this statement is completely wrong.
Second, How could you even possibly know the amount of active players on this game atm, because the GM's have kept that actual number a secret.
Third, there are 3,223 people that currently like the rose online webpage. If you do the math, that.s 4.2% of the people that have liked it on facebook, and i seriously doubt that people will randomly click like on a page that they have never even heard of. Also, this would mean that EVERY person that plays the game has clicked "Like" on facebook, which i seriously doubt they have.
Fourth, There are 24,144 forums members for warp portal. Average that out and that's over 4,000 people per game! And several of warp portal's games are BRAND NEW.
Next time you want to say a statistic at least do a little bit of digging first.
Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.
Have a day. Posted Image

Edited by yeoldknight, 10 May 2011 - 01:54 PM.

#27 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

There are other ways to prevent duping. I've done it myself.
All you need to do is change the way that the server saves data.

Duping is typically done where one player trades an item and completes the transaction while the other player hasn't hit the confirm button. The first player then initiates a DC by packet injection or something and gets rolled back to before the transaction while player 2 keeps the item also. Now we have 2 items the same.

If both parties involved in a trade have their inventories updated and saved simultaineously the problem goes away pretty quickly.
Either we cancel the entire transaction if one gets DC'd OR we complete the transaction and save the DC'd character's inventory in his absence.
Both methods work just fine.

TBH though I'm not quite sure how multiple channels were used to dupe in the first place.

From what I remember it had to something to do with the character server crashing, and somone logginh the same account twice into 2 different channels. Can't say from experience though.

Edited by Phish, 10 May 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#28 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

From what I remember it had to something to do with the character server crashing, and somone logginh the same account twice into 2 different channels. Can't say from experience though.

Back in the old days, when rose was p2p, i tried that once. Couldn't seem to get it to work. Maybe it was because i was like 12.

#29 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

Not enjoyed a single event since we lost the choice of channels.

+ 1 infinity

#30 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

+ 1 infinity

I agree. The events have been much worse and the lack of additional channels has ruined the events, the Easter even is no exception. The sooner Gravity restores even one other channel, it won't be soon enough. It's ok for them to admit it was a mistake for chopping the game down to one channel. I will let bygones be bygones!

#31 Kelsieee

Kelsieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

I completely agree with having at least 1 or 2 more channels and combining Draconis back into Leonis.... Just think how much better union wars, finding parties, etc would be with a more populated server, instead of splitting the few amounts of players there are between 2 servers. Some people play mmo's to be able to enjoy the game with other players aswell :) and with all the players spread out between two servers it limits how much communication they can have with others playing the game. Just my opinion though ^^

#32 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 10 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

I completely agree with having at least 1 or 2 more channels and combining Draconis back into Leonis.... Just think how much better union wars, finding parties, etc would be with a more populated server, instead of splitting the few amounts of players there are between 2 servers. Some people play mmo's to be able to enjoy the game with other players aswell :) and with all the players spread out between two servers it limits how much communication they can have with others playing the game. Just my opinion though ^^

With this being stated, I would have to agree as well. But I'm not sure how that would work at all. :|

#33 None

None

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

First off, this statement is completely wrong.
Second, How could you even possibly know the amount of active players on this game atm, because the GM's have kept that actual number a secret.
Third, there are 3,223 people that currently like the rose online webpage. If you do the math, that.s 4.2% of the people that have liked it on facebook, and i seriously doubt that people will randomly click like on a page that they have never even heard of. Also, this would mean that EVERY person that plays the game has clicked "Like" on facebook, which i seriously doubt they have.
Fourth, There are 24,144 forums members for warp portal. Average that out and that's over 4,000 people per game! And several of warp portal's games are BRAND NEW.
Next time you want to say a statistic at least do a little bit of digging first.
Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.
Have a day. Posted Image

What about the people that have quit rose and had rose liked on facebook for a while. You also didn't consider the fact that many people have 2, 3, 4, 5 + clients open :)

#34 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:08 AM

I think if they bring back clan war system, they should also bring back the other 2 channels.

#35 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

You also didn't consider the fact that many people have 2, 3, 4, 5 + clients open.

Whats the point here? You're basically saying that the number of people that actually play seems to be MORE, due to the fact people have often 2-5 characters online. If anything, that's a good thing. It just provides more feedback. Myself? I only keep one client open, I only have one character.

#36 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

I dont think some people are getting my reasoning, Im not talking about adding Draconois(idk how to spell that and im not gonna take 5 seconds to look it up) and Leonis together, this would be a foolish idea, and would never happen. I think there should be several channels(same thing as the server you use) just more channels for farming on each server.

#37 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:38 PM

I dont think some people are getting my reasoning, Im not talking about adding Draconois(idk how to spell that and im not gonna take 5 seconds to look it up) and Leonis together, this would be a foolish idea, and would never happen. I think there should be several channels(same thing as the server you use) just more channels for farming on each server.

I can see both Leonis and Draconis having two or three channels to themselves. But it's still controversial overall.

#38 Icrafttofu

Icrafttofu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

Channels got removed to prevent people from duping items.

this still does not justify anything, what they should of done was fix the exploit, not sweep it under a rug like dust.

#39 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

this still does not justify anything, what they should of done was fix the exploit, not sweep it under a rug like dust.

Welcome to Rose....

#40 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

why isnt this moved to Proposals And Suggestions yet?

#41 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:17 AM

why isnt this moved to Proposals And Suggestions yet?

It will eventually :o

Ah but you must understand that this bug is exploited due to the natural lag between a user's client and the server. This makes it hard to tackle the problem since there are less options given to solve such a problem.

Edited by gEddeh, 14 May 2011 - 01:19 AM.

#42 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:08 AM

It will eventually :o

Ah but you must understand that this bug is exploited due to the natural lag between a user's client and the server. This makes it hard to tackle the problem since there are less options given to solve such a problem.

At least that being one of various (proven,) theories of how duping came into the light anyway. This type of glitching can be seen on other games as well, not only Rose. But there are various packets, blah blah blah... blah blah blah, not going to say more cause I might give people ideas. Lol

#43 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Lol saving energy... what an excuse. I mean if that was the case then why did they start up a whole different server. If they actually focused on adjusting these hacking problems/glitches the channels would still be here. Instead of bringing our channels back they added another server to divide the game when in the first place leonis was already dieying.

+1 to the post

#44 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

Man... was farming yes2day, had been farming for about 6 hours straight and some noob comes up 2 me and tells me that he was here 5 min ago and told me 2 move or he would kill me LOL. Tard ended up dead.

#45 bluehell

bluehell

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

plzzzzzzzz make more channels for each server

#46 Darkii

Darkii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

won't happend now happy?

#47 dom33fr

dom33fr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

lol

there are not more than 150 people online anymore and u want an other channel?

what a joke...!

we have now mor npc characters ingame than real players....

I seriously still wonder why you haven't quit the game yet.

I think he did because he's obviously not going in-game.. there are definitely a lot more than what this blind guy is stating..the population is fine here (coming from other servers with 150 or so logged-account, I can tell you there are like 3 or 4 times more here)

on topic, I don't see why removing channels is way to prevent dupe since it's done on 1 channel too.. I don't have all knowledge on the process but I have my eyes, and when I see a shop with a little pack of Lisents then after some crashes (it was a week or two ago) ...it magically has 8 or 9k Hg ...shouting like mad, selling for ridiculous cheap price.. you can figure out that one is "a little" dubious ...

Maybe it's easier with more channels..I don't know.. but actually fixing it like PurpleYouko proposed and adding channels would benefit to the game imo.

Edited by dom33fr, 19 May 2011 - 12:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users