#1 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

So I decided to buy some hammers from someone ingame, and try my luck on a few items. In doing so I noticed a particular pattern.

I used hammers on 6 items total (4 rat tail moustaches, 1 oro's present, 1 winged top hat).

For the 5 masks, the first few hammers were all consistantly low stats (+2 int, + 4 str etc.) and the more hammers that were used on a particular item, the better the substats became. (+ 8 dex, + 10 ap) then I started noticing 8 str/10 8 int/10 ap, 7ap 15 dodge, 20 mspeed, 25 dodge, 40 mspeed. ( I had stopped when I received the 40 mspeed status). The oro's present was the same pattern, and I stopped after using a decent amount on it because I noticed the trend.

The winged top hat however was a little different, I only used around 10-15 but the stats received were all much higher (45 acc, 60 def, 20 int, 75 acc). The hat was refine 10 if it made any difference. But considering this is a rare item, there may be a hidden variable influencing it.

I used 251 hammers total, and although, I didn't try any ingame items or other item mall armors, the trend I did notice was enough to lead me to believe that the outcome for rerolls is not completely random. Just a heads up to the customer.

#2 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

lol i saw the same exact pattern.

#3 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:31 PM

I guess everyone had a different pattern. My pattern over 100 hammer was extremely low stat. Never had a max stat, not even once and on top of that it go back in circle for example I got a 10 mspd/ max mp 10 and then after 5 other random low stat, it will come back to the 10 mspd/ max mp 10. After experiencing it few time I decide to switch char to use it and it is continue to circle but with other stat.

My prediction was it will only let you have certain stat on one single item at a certain time.

#4 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

Gratz on 40mspeed mustard! ;)

So I'm not surprised that you have concluded the pattern that you've observed, I knew it! Over the past few years, they make in-game mask, item mall mask, unique mask taking turns to become the main stream, to make up things for ppl to waste time and spend money with. Now with the introduction of Re-roll hammer, expect to see more stats shuffling updates.

#5 FerRawrRawr

FerRawrRawr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:35 AM

I figured if you already have a high stat like 25/25 you'll never get an mspd stat, ever. I started 3 masks with no stats and got 20-40mspd on them all. Tried my wings that started with 9dex and after 150 hammers or so I ended with 25/25 and never got an mspd stat.

#6 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

yeah i noticed this too!
i re rolled a mage diary to get 20 int and it started off with all the low stats and then gradually got better and better until you got 20's
they say its completely random but its not! they have made it so you take a certain amount. and so it goes in order from crappy stats.

you will notice this pattern on im items that dont already have a stat on. but with a winged top hat i tried before it done the same. quite high ones. i think this is because it started with a stat in the first place.

i think its a bit of a scam but i like it because at least you know your going to get it in the end.

#7 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:43 PM

Gratz on 40mspeed mustard! :) So I'm not surprised that you have concluded the pattern that you've observed, I knew it! Over the past few years, they make in-game mask, item mall mask, unique mask taking turns to become the main stream, to make up things for ppl to waste time and spend money with. Now with the introduction of Re-roll hammer, expect to see more stats shuffling updates.

Thanks! Maybe I will put it on my sandwich for April Food day.

yeah i noticed this too!i re rolled a mage diary to get 20 int and it started off with all the low stats and then gradually got better and better until you got 20's they say its completely random but its not! they have made it so you take a certain amount. and so it goes in order from crappy stats.you will notice this pattern on im items that dont already have a stat on. but with a winged top hat i tried before it done the same. quite high ones. i think this is because it started with a stat in the first place.i think its a bit of a scam but i like it because at least you know your going to get it in the end.

That could have something to do with it. It's unfortunate though because these hammers are already expensive considering the chance you are going for, then the chances become even more skewed so you that you have to use even more hammers...

#8 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

i had spent 5k item mall points and got nothing good :)

#9 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:16 PM

i had spent 5k item mall points and got nothing good :D

And you're smiling :) :D

#10 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

i had spent 5k item mall points and got nothing good :)

Wow that's unlucky.

I actually haven't used a single re-roll hammer up to date. I doubt I will eventually, since the only thing I spend my money on would be Venurunes, Plutorunes and Teletickets :D
Not saying a game of chance is not attractive but farming a certain stat gives you a better feeling that you accomplished something!

#11 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

And you're smiling :) :D

i dont really care lol
coz i just want to get my friend a nice stat for his wingedtophat that's all

#12 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

Wow that's unlucky.

I actually haven't used a single re-roll hammer up to date. I doubt I will eventually, since the only thing I spend my money on would be Venurunes, Plutorunes and Teletickets :D
Not saying a game of chance is not attractive but farming a certain stat gives you a better feeling that you accomplished something!

i wont bother those hammer anymore haah
it is like a drugs u cant stop :)

#13 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

Sucks for those of you who had little or no success, gratz to those of you who did.

I'm with gEddeh though, I plan on farming things if I'm ever going to get stats. Either that or buy them from other players.

---

That, and I have no wallet to purchase more IM points besides these stupid surveys.

#14 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

I agree, LoveU4ever, those hammers are so addictive! I've gotten some very low stats on some items too, and IM wings have been especially bad for me. One day last week though, I did log in on my gun bourg and use ONE hammer on her kitty ears and got +40 m-speed LOL! It was my moment :). That was before I accidentally used one on my artisan's Legendary Mercenary Goggles that had +40 m-speed, and got something really horrible (it was traumatic; I can't remember exactly what I got because I was so mad at myself). I used about five more and got to 12 AP/10 charm and left it at that because I was out of hammers! I've bought 50 or 60 so far, so I can't complain too much. Time to go get some more!

Thanks for your sharing your experience with these. I hope we can get some more feedback. I'm going to start charting the items and the results I get. Stop! Hammer time!

#15 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

Yea I noticed too, i rerolled a magic diary and a flow back back. Both followed the same pattern. Low stats at first, after about 30-40 hammers a little better, decent ones after like 60-70. I ended up getting a 32 int back and a int 6 magic diary.

Imo, saying it'll yield one of those 300 stats randomly is a huge LIE by GMs. Statistically, getting [Sense 2] 8 times out of 20 out of 300 odds is close to impossible. And it happened to both my items. 2 proofs make an evidence. The hammers are likely to give u good stats only if used in large amounts.

I call that a scam. Never going to buy them again.

#16 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:39 AM

It's random I dare say. The first hammer i used gave +40 mspd on a MOL (mask of lies for you uns). First try and BAM! JACKPOT! Lucky I never saw +50 mspd MOL or i'll lose all the hammers just to get that +40 mspd back. The rest of the hammers were used on my FS clerics eqs and got decent INT (9 -11 int) but yea those crappy unwanted stats pop here and there too. Eh? I just used 10 hammers.

#17 matana

matana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

I used 20 only, and i got on the same item 3 times the exactly same stat.. amazing lol

none stats/ 2int/......../2int......./2int...and finally max hp20
I thought a stat wouldnt came again cause of the "better stat"... If each time comes better, how comes a same stat can happen again ?

@gogio : They made this to make money, but not to make people happy. See with recent updates it more and more hard, so no way to think they'r doing interessant things lol.

Edited by matana, 11 May 2011 - 08:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users