6 replies to this topic

#1 SkyRocket

SkyRocket

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

So I'm basically new to this game but have experience from MMORPG's that I have previously played.
I decided to play Assassin and was wondering what stats you could recommend for a person that goes for DPS and crit.
And how do job advances work in this game? What level do I become Thief, Assassin, Sinx, Guillotine?
Do I need to have certain stats in order to job advance?
That's all I have to ask for now, thanks!

#2 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

Levels 1-10(job) Are played as a novice. Then at job 10 you can become a thief. At job 40(as a thief) you can become an assassin, I wouldnt suggest going to job 50 on a non-trans character. Now at base level 99 as an assassin you can transcend to become a high novice. High novice goes to job 10, then high thief to job 40((Its now suggested you go to job 50 and get all needed skills[view skill prereqs]. Now Your a sinx, as a sinx you can go to level 99/70. You can become a guillotine before job 70, but it is not suggested at all. From 99/70 you can quest to become a GltX.

Good luck on your journey!
If you need any help along the way feel free to contact any members of Phantasm, they can be found around Southern Prontera...East of the Armor Enchanter NPC in the Alley.

See you in game!!((Maybe, Im playing alot of Dragon Saga lately))

#3 SkyRocket

SkyRocket

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

So this is how it goes?
Novice: 1-10
Thief: 11-40
Assassin: 41-99
Rebirth at 99
High Novice: 1-10
High Thief: 11-40
SinX: 40-70/99

Any stats you can recommend for DPS/crit?

#4 kizzderose

kizzderose

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

So this is how it goes?
Novice: 1-10
Thief: 11-40
Assassin: 41-99
Rebirth at 99
High Novice: 1-10
High Thief: 11-40
SinX: 40-70/99

Any stats you can recommend for DPS/crit?

No. You start at Lvl 1, JobLvl 1.
You play as Novice until Lvl xx / JobLvl 10. Then change to Thief, Lvl stays the same, JobLvl restarts at 1.
Now lvl as Thief until Lvl xx / JobLvl 40-50 (Job 40 recommend, but you can lvl to Job 50 to get 10 extra skillpoints). Again change, now to Assassin. Again Lvl stays the same, JobLvl resets to 1. Now go for 99/50.
Then transcend and you are High Novice with Lvls 1/1. Now it's quite the same as above only with HighThief/Assassin Cross. Job 50 as HighThief recommend. Also you should go for Job 70 as SinX instead of changing to GX to soon.
At 99/70 SinX you can change to GX.

Got it? :)

Stats: I started with 9 Str/Agi/Dex. Until about Lvl 20 only Agi (Flee+ASPD), then Dex+Luk to 11, now again Agi and sometimes Luk (Luk gives Hit/Crit/PerfDodge/Atk).
When you have Agi at ~70 and Luk ~40 you can go for Str, too. My final stats as Sin were ~90 Agi, ~80 Str, ~60 Luk.

Equip: Eden Stuff is quite good at the beginning. If you can afford it, Morrigans Set is very good at Lvl 61 (Morrigans Helm, Manteau, Pendant, Belt...about 10m).
Weapons: Eden Dagger as Thief, Jur as Assassin (you get one at Jobchange). Later Elemental Katars etc.

Earning Money at LowLvl: 1 map north of Geffen there are Mandragoras. They drop Stems. Each is worth 2-2,5k (you can get prices of all the stuff here: http://ragial.com/iRO-Ymir ).
The skill "Steal" is very useful because you get almost twice the amount of Stems. (first steal a Stem, then kill it and it drops another one)
Another nice place is 1 south an 2 west from Prontera (gef_fild02). In the middle of the map there are spawning 4 Blue Plants which drop Blue Herbs. Again Steal is useful here.
The plants are respawning about every 10 Minutes. Blue Herbs are sold for about 15k each.
For selling your Stuff make a Merchant character and lvl until you can skill at least 1 point in Vending. Now you can sell your stuff like any other player in Prontera.

Hope this helps :D

Edited by kizzderose, 12 May 2011 - 06:24 AM.

#5 Dinmak

Dinmak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:27 AM

Actually, there's a lil catch there.

In Ragnarok, we have Base lvl (the lvl of your character's stats) and job lvl (the lvl of strengh of your chosen class)

As you create your character, you'll have a base lvl 1/job lvl 1 novice.

So, in order to become a thief, you have to reach JOB lvl 10, as a novice, so you can apply for a thief.

As a thief, you need, at least, JOB lvl 40 to apply for another job change to assassin or rogue (in your case, assassin);

As an assassin, you will need to reach BASE lvl 99 and JOB lvl 50, to rebirth.

You'll be back at novice blvl 1/ jlvl 1 (you'll be a lil stronger...also, becomes harder to lvl since you need more exp compared to before)

Then you reach jlvl 10 as an high novice to apply for high thief - after that, AT LEAST jlvl 40 as high thief to become Sinx and THEN you'll need to achieve AT LEAST BASE LVL 99 as a Sinx to quest for a Guilty...

Remember, that the higher you get your jlvl, the more skill points you'll have at your disposition (also, novice higher class lvl is 10, thief or high thief jlvl 50, assassin is 50, Sinx is 70 and Guilty goes to 50)

#6 Dinmak

Dinmak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

Damn, kizzderose was faster...

#7 kizzderose

kizzderose

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

Damn, kizzderose was faster...

Yeah, but you explained Base/Joblvls more precise, so it's ok :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users