#76 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

Isn't dualclienting forbidden? Plus, I don't know how to do it.

I'm just picking up any stuff from the TIs, putting that into my storage to have the 0 Weight and something to sell and get Zeny when I rebirth. And that seems okay up to now. Although each TI gives me about 20% EXP right now... doesn't seem like a lot to me. Then again, I'm not a fan of an intense grind-fest. This is my first char to ever actually make it to level 90 or even get close to Rebirth. So we'll see. Maybe I'll think differently once I reach level 99.

C-A

#77 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:24 AM

Dual-client used to be forbidden back in the days. But now you can open 2-3 or more clients if your computer can handle it. I personally only open 3 clients, usually 1 vendor, 1 AFK Alchemist, and my Wiz or whichever character I want to level.Sometimes  I even put my 3 characters in a party and do TI on my own. But that's because nobody accepts gunslingers/hunters on TI so I have to leech them to finish the counts.

Btw, to dual-client, you just need to open RO, then log-in. Then alt-tab and open RO again, then you can log-in with a separate account.

If you dont have a separate account yet, you need to log-in to the Warpportal website first, and then create another RO account.

#78 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I just rebirthed from Wiz. Regarding the Stats, how should I put them?
Like in the Mage part, get INT to 70 first and then put points into DEX? And how when or how much should I put into VIT?

C-A

PS: And I did something incredibly dumb... I died and returned to my previous Savepoint in Juno and I have no money and no chance to get into the Kafra Storage to get myself back to the first continent... I thought post-rebirth the savepoint would revert to the starting city's again.

Edited by CatMuto, 29 September 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#79 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Nope. I use my novice bwings at that point to get back to my nub save point :P

I usually put some into int and some into vit right away, but I like to mob with low cast time spells (i.e. fireball). If you're going to bolt stuff, int is your best friend, but I'd just add int every level and dump the leftover points into dex and/or vit after you can one-shot stuff (pure int til that point) or til you can get the HBP bonus if you have that.

Just put vit when you get destroyed in only a couple hits, need just a bit of extra HP to survive that one skill monsters use on you, or if you find yourself getting stunned every two seconds, really. For a ballpark amount, I find that 20 base vit buys me a lot of "alive time" in solo play (and then up to 40 base in the 90s), especially early on. You won't need as much in party play and you may need more without HP/cast time gear, so play with it a little.

#80 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Nope. I use my novice bwings at that point to get back to my nub save point :P

I usually put some into int and some into vit right away, but I like to mob with low cast time spells (i.e. fireball). If you're going to bolt stuff, int is your best friend, but I'd just add int every level and dump the leftover points into dex and/or vit after you can one-shot stuff (pure int til that point) or til you can get the HBP bonus if you have that.

Just put vit when you get destroyed in only a couple hits, need just a bit of extra HP to survive that one skill monsters use on you, or if you find yourself getting stunned every two seconds, really. For a ballpark amount, I find that 20 base vit buys me a lot of "alive time" in solo play (and then up to 40 base in the 90s), especially early on. You won't need as much in party play and you may need more without HP/cast time gear, so play with it a little.

#81 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

Long before I was ready for Rebirth, I had already used my Novie BWings and FWings. And like I said, my save spot was at Juno pre and post Rebirth. So a Bwing wouldn't have helped. I eventually just got my Ninja to get from Comodo to Juno, drop some Alligator Loot she had on her and had my other char pick it up and sell it, using Alperture, or whatever, warp her to Pron.

HBP? Any Battle Manual I got by joining Eden originally is already gone.

Majority of my points got into INT right now, I think my INT is at 35 or something right now and 12ish DEX, at about Level 12 now. Some stupid Frus and Apocalypse are running around the Spore area...

Guess I'll focus more on INT and put some VIT on the side.

And yes, I mostly focus on Bolts to kill things as a Mage.

C-A

#82 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

HBP = Heroic Backpack, but it's an expensive item so if you don't already have it don't worry about it.

If Spores is overtaken by random higher level monsters, 1 map north of Geffen is pretty good for low level mages - just use level 1-2 fire bolt on mandragoras. At 8, Mukas (I forget where) are good for fire bolt (what level you have to use to one-shot depends on your gear). Pick up cold bolt too to take on Peco Pecos after I think base 10? The map for Pecos/Mukas is pretty mobby, so it'd be convenient (and safer) to bring a few FWings with you.

If you get Fire ball after 4 fire bolt instead of more bolts, then, after mandragoras, zombie/skeleton mobs in payon dungeon 1 are good. At 13, you can kill clusters of ant eggs, and after 18? you can fire ball mobs of ants. Up to you~

#83 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

So my High Wiz is at Level 62 right now, working on Grand Pecos and Sleepers, Fine Sand won't drop, and I have some parameter questions. Following the Wiki, I'm going myself towards pure PVM Build which has VIT 25, INT 99 and DEX 99.

Currently, my parameters are VIT 22 + 2, INT 78 + 9 and DEX 46 + 8

Should I put three more points into VIT for the 25 or do they more mean VIT + Job Bonus = 25?

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 21 October 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#84 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

80-90 int is probably adequate before turning warlock and having higher vit is probably better for surviving. Or you can consider higher dex for faster stat-based cast time. You can also get a little luk as it gives more matk per points used up because low amounts (20-30) are much cheaper than going from 90 to 100 int.

#85 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

That doesn't quite answer my question. I like to have set numbers in my head when I level and thinking of More Survivability or even the Warlock test isn't even on my list yet. Like I said, I'm focusing on the iroWiki build, I'm just wondering if I should get to the 25 VIT first or focus on DEX/INT.

Okay, I am gonna try to get my hand on a swordfish or phen card...
I bought a Blank Card off a player's shop and I thought bringing one of those to the Kafra Headquarters would make them fill it with some kind of monster card but they apparently don't.

C-A

#86 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

You should try to get at least 50 VIT right now in my opinion. Irowiki guides are not very up to date or are not very good sometimes. Only the third class ones are a bit more updated and more accurate.

#87 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

To expound on the above post, the iRO wiki guides should at best be loose guidelines. 25 Vit is helpful, yes, so you can make that a temporary goal - and, yes, I'd also suggest getting it sooner than later - but the basic idea is to add stats as you need them when you need them. 50 Vit is a good idea (mostly in that more is better), but it also depends on what you're leveling on. For instance, if you're killing mobs you're leveling on in one spell most of the time but not all, add a bit of Int until you are guaranteed a single-cast KO. Conversely, if you're killing things at a good pace but die when you get spawned on, some Vit might benefit you more to help you better weather and pot through damage more comfortably.

For where you were when you last posted, Grand Pecos aren't aggro, but they do assist each other (one attacking you means more nearby will come attack you if they're in visible range), so it's important to be able to kill them quickly (ideally in one spell), meaning Int (or even Luk as kasshin wrote) if you cannot single-cast KO them already. Otherwise, Vit for the HP or Dex for the cast time.

#88 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:32 AM

I can kill Grand Pecos with one Cold Bolt cast. The EXP just doesn't seem to suffice for me...

C-A

#89 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

My high Wiz is approaching Level 99 - still needs a good chunk of Job Levels, though - and I'm wondering if I should change my weapon. Ever since I was a Wizard, I've been using the Eden Staff III and that has now with the Level 90 quest been done to Double Botany Eden Staff III, so I do 20% more damage on Plant monsters.
No real reason why I chose Botany when I first got to put a card into it.

I don't have any big plans for when I become a Warlock, I'll probably continue to be PvM/PvE, doing Quests and such. My inventory holds a Mighty Staff, but that merely has +100 MATK and the Eden Staff III giving me 70 more than that still seems better. Any specific weapon I should be looking into?

C-A

#90 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:15 AM

A Staff of Destruction (http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2000/) is a very good staff for early Warlock. Enchanted or not, its already has the highest MATK of all staves. The only downside is its 2handed, meaning you can't wear shield, although I'm of the opinion you could do well since you have grown very good in controlling and leveling with Mage class till now (seeing from your posts here asking guides and questions).

If you have extra KP to spend, a Ordinary Black Magician Hat (http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18794/) will do more damage at +7 with elemental spells (CR, CL, etc). Moon Rabbit Hat (http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/5457/) is also good for increasing damage as a whole, since its %MATK increase, or increasing Comet damage (should you somehow taking that at Comet 5). 2x Sprint Rings (http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2744/) also is a cheap way to have early cast reduction as well.

Good luck to you in future leveling. Its tough to 150/50 but perseverance is gold!

#91 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

A Staff of Destruction (http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2000/) is a very good staff for early Warlock. Enchanted or not, its already has the highest MATK of all staves. The only downside is its 2handed, meaning you can't wear shield, although I'm of the opinion you could do well since you have grown very good in controlling and leveling with Mage class till now (seeing from your posts here asking guides and questions).

Mh, and that Staff would have to be bought off of Player Shops, right? Looking at Ragial, that thing is being sold for 18 Million Zeny... well, I do have a Merchant right now, but even she is lacking in funds and nobody will buy the cards I'm selling. Then again, that may be the cards itself and not the price, although I stick to ragial there.

Well it may still take a while until I get to the Warlock Job quest anyway, so it's not incredibly urgent to get that staff right away.

C-A

#92 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:09 AM

18m for an SoD? Err....are you looking at enchanted ones? 0.0

The regular ones should be priced around 1-2m. Max price would be 3.5-4m tops

#93 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

I input "Staff of Destruction" and the cheapest and "normal" one it showed was a Staff of Destruction [1] for 18 Million.

Hang on, seems I was silly and was on Ragial Classic and not Renewal. It's a bit more difficult to find a normal Staff of Destruction that cost only 1 Million but that was sold in June or July, right now all of them are either with INT or DEX balls, Cards in them or +9 which shoots the price up to almost 100 Million. (Is it seriously worth that much? What do the players need 99 Million Zeny for?)

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 16 November 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#94 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

Well my High Wizard now has a Staff of Destruction [1] equipped without any card in it, it cost me 1.5 Million Zeny, which my Merc character luckily had together. Since she's now Level 97, I'm looking at the Warlock Job Change quest and the builds. I know people have complained about the Warlock Quest and I'm looking at it, but I have some questions, since I'm not sure how accurate or up-to-date the Warlock Wiki is.

I'm thinking of going the basic leveling build... high VIT, very high INT, high DEX and high LUK.
My current build is this...
VIT - 40 + 5
INT - 99 + 18
DEX - 88 + 16
And for the skills as a Warlock, probably the typical elemental ones, Crimson Rock, Jack Frost, Chain Lightning and such.

Among the tips for the Warlock Quest, is having HP Increasing Potions and Condensed White Potions. I'm guessing I'm going to have to buy the Condensed White Potions off of players? But where do I get the HP Increasing Potions from? Currently, she has about 5000 HP.
As for Gear, well I use Eden Gear level IV, except for the Staff of Destruction [1], Orlean's Gown [1] and a Ramen Hat. Neither of those have a card in them, so I'm guessing putting a Peco Peco card into the Gown would be best? Or should I grab a different one?

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 26 November 2013 - 06:45 AM.

#95 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:21 AM

With that kind of Vit, I'd say best (hopefully you have this) to have a lot of Blue Gemstones too for Safety Wall 10 over yourself. And a mere Quagmire 1 also works well in doing the job change quest.

HP Increase Large Potions...I usually bought them from vendors (ragial). Most are 20 - 30k ea.

Unranked condensed white pots can be quite similar priced to ranked ones, so its best to go ranked ones for this. (Prolly 100 - 130 should be more than enough)

For carding the Orlean's, I'd say, Swordfish card (if you will use it for the WL quest, since most monsters using Water attack)

This are one of the video tips to do the quest:

#96 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:32 AM

I don't have Safety Wall (and I already had to use one High Wizard point to put into Stone Curse because I forgot to do that as a Mage) but my High Wiz is going down to Byalan every day now, killing Swordfish and Marc, hoping that a card will drop. I'd rather not waste money anymore...

Speaking off, I may be Lvl 98 now and close to 99, but I still need 10 Joblevels... gha...

C-A

#97 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:13 AM

There was a quest which gave one of those cards as you wish, I think you can enter with a stone. It's a copy of Byalan dungeon. Don't remember well though.

#98 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

There was a quest which gave one of those cards as you wish, I think you can enter with a stone. It's a copy of Byalan dungeon. Don't remember well though.

The Overlook Dungeon which can be accessed as VIP or by giving two Reset Stones. Well I only have one Reset Stone right now and I'm keeping that for the Job Quest. But I found a Swordfish Card for about 2 Million being sold and had my Smith buy that immediately.
So my Orlean is currently an Aqua Orlean's.

C-A

#99 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:13 AM

Then, may Warlock Master speed you, my kin.

#100 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well I still gotta get the Joblevels together... wish it was like with 2nd Job where I could either change at Joblevel 40 or 50. A choice between 60 and 70 would be nice. I'm a High Wiz and I have no idea where else to put my points into, what with Amp and the three largest Spells at Level 10, along with Quagmire and all.

I did buy the Condensed White Potions and some Increase HP Potions and will try to keep those until the quest.
By how much do the Increase potions actually increase HP? It doesn't say it anywhere.

C-A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users