• LocationPastaland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

I LOVE the new UW map!

No more glitchy stairs, RAMPS!
No more spawn killing!
A lot of more space!

+218428937892738927382728328 for the changes!

Edited by Gojio, 12 May 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#2 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

I agree, the changes are great! the map so far seems really well made. The removal of scrolling and shortening of spawn pro = awesomeee. all in all great ;D

#3 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

I LOVE the new UW map!

No more glitchy stairs, RAMPS!
No more spawn killing!
A lot of more space!

+218428937892738927382728328 for the changes!

+459549484894747497987487 :o

#4 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

I changed my gender again, I can't complain. I LOVE THIS PATCH.

#5 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

the spawn killing isn't done on draconis there's a few that got up
Posted Image
and another champ ran up the wall on the right in between the 1st and 2nd spike wall pieces.
Posted Image
thats all ive seen wrong with it otherwise i love the patch as well really like the draw bridges :o

#6 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:01 PM

I changed my gender again, I can't complain. I LOVE THIS PATCH.

Hahahahaha seb with his everlasting gender changes :o

#7 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

I can't wait to get home from work and try it out! :3 Only 10 hours to go D:

Nice to hear something positive for a change on the forums, so its got to be good!

#8 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:31 AM

no more spawn killing ....LIE....its more now then ever before.

i cant go anyway at atk side without getting killed from where ever they are.

i didnt saw the end of the wall...was spawnkilled before.

sideways?? its a joke....they can stand downside and can atk where ever u run.

i cant go down at any way.... im dead before i hit the ground.

this changes are a BIG FAIL.

#9 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:42 AM

no more spawn killing ....LIE....its more now then ever before.

i cant go anyway at atk side without getting killed from where ever they are.

i didnt saw the end of the wall...was spawnkilled before.

sideways?? its a joke....they can stand downside and can atk where ever u run.

i cant go down at any way.... im dead before i hit the ground.

this changes are a BIG FAIL.

I think you misunderstood one of the bug fixes regarding the Spawn Protection.

#10 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:33 AM

It's good to see positive feedback again.

The new map is very spacious and doesn't leave people cornered or bottled necked like it used to; and the new sewers are a great place for some really dirty fights.

One problem I had with the teleporting.

After destroying the dusk crystal, while being attacked I got teleported off the map into blank space. It wasn't so bad when you could just scroll out before, but now you have no choice to relog. I never really had this happen inside the map other than trying to scroll out while being attacked. But it is pretty annoying.

Posted Image

Also, ranged characters can still attack people on the defending spawn if that matters.

Edited by Phish, 13 May 2011 - 08:52 AM.

#11 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

Have to admit that this new change on the Union War map is awesome. Best update i've seen in a very long time.
Finally got to test it just now and honestly that was the best UW I have done in a long time. Good job guys.
Now you just need to make a system to make teams even but if it goes by anything like the last UW it was a decent fight!

#12 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:36 PM

Thank you all for the feedback thus far regarding the v.338 Patch. I will be review all of the feedback within this thread and supply my report to the Development Team for review.

#13 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Have to admit that this new change on the Union War map is awesome. Best update i've seen in a very long time.
Finally got to test it just now and honestly that was the best UW I have done in a long time. Good job guys.
Now you just need to make a system to make teams even but if it goes by anything like the last UW it was a decent fight!

Lybis i have a confession to make. Due to me being in the PvP duldrums. I have not slain anyone for an aweful long time. After reading your post about Union Wars, i am sensing a big dose of renewed enthusiasm from you...Now you tempt me to unleash the Beast and come keel you all :P

Like i have always said to my Brother....:o Dont bother crying for help. We already know that girls own boys since time began!

#14 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

Lybis i have a confession to make. Due to me being in the PvP duldrums. I have not slain anyone for an aweful long time. After reading your post about Union Wars, i am sensing a big dose of renewed enthusiasm from you...Now you tempt me to unleash the Beast and come keel you all :o

Like i have always said to my Brother....:) Dont bother crying for help. We already know that girls own boys since time began!

I hope I tempt you! I haven't seen any mischief from you in a longggg time :P Bring it on! B) Like I have always said to my sister, let the best man win :o

#15 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

Can this noob (me) join in with all the killing spree ??? Of course I will be the one that get murder but I will have fun forcing people to chase me down.

As far as girls own boys or best men win, I always know that women are god curse on men :-)

Oops back on topic, can't really see the new UW map or explore it cuz it ended too quick. At least the 2 time when I'm online.

Edited by HellGuardian, 13 May 2011 - 01:52 PM.

#16 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

I hope I tempt you! I haven't seen any mischief from you in a longggg time B) Bring it on! :) Like I have always said to my sister, let the best man win :o

Orly :P that must be before you begged her for mercy.
Dont gasp. Its been so long, i cant even remember what Union im in. I quit doing the PvP when the Tango lines were the order of the day. As much as it was funny, it was boring :o

@HellGuardian.. The more the merrier! LoL

Edited by Naughty, 13 May 2011 - 02:20 PM.

#17 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

It seems like the attacking side is winning much more often than before. All the wars I've noticed it hasn't been a close win either, but a quick victory in less than 10 minutes. Probably because it is harder to camp the attackers. Something to keep an eye out for.

EDIT: I'm not even exaggerating when I say the attackers win every war. It seems like it is much more difficult for the defenders to regain control of the sunset crystal once the attackers overpower it.

Edited by Phish, 14 May 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#18 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

I like the changes that were made. One thing though.

I know you changed it so you can't scroll out of UW. Was it intentional so you can't scroll out of DoD also?

I do not know if this has affected other pvp areas, since I have only tried out DoD.

I tried to scroll to Junon, since I finished whatever I was doing, but it just stated "This cannot be used in this zone."
Was this intentional or just an accident?

#19 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:59 PM

I like the changes that were made. One thing though.

I know you changed it so you can't scroll out of UW. Was it intentional so you can't scroll out of DoD also?

I do not know if this has affected other pvp areas, since I have only tried out DoD.

I tried to scroll to Junon, since I finished whatever I was doing, but it just stated "This cannot be used in this zone."
Was this intentional or just an accident?

Scrolling is restricted on all PvP zones. Please refer to the Patch Notes v338 for more info :D

#20 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

Well, I assumed that the main issue of scrolling out during a fight was mainly in UW (99.7% of the time). Though this adds more annoyance to getting back to town from maps once you are done. I guess it is something that we can live with, but totally annoying.

#21 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:34 AM

Well, I assumed that the main issue of scrolling out during a fight was mainly in UW (99.7% of the time). Though this adds more annoyance to getting back to town from maps once you are done. I guess it is something that we can live with, but totally annoying.

I saw that one coming from a mile away.

I think they should make it to where you cannot use scrolls once in combat with a person/monster, and unable to use them until 10 seconds after that. This being on all maps, instead of blocking scrolls on PVP map areas. As for UW, I believe the scrolls should be blocked entirely.

#22 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

The 10 seconds idea is nice, just the same way you can't log off while you're being attacked.

#23 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

The 10 seconds idea is nice, just the same way you can't log off while you're being attacked.

Actually is a little different how you word it but I'm sure everyone understand.

Anyway, you can't log off when you just finish attacking not being attacked. As long as you are in your fighting pose you can't log off.

#24 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

Actually is a little different how you word it but I'm sure everyone understand.

Anyway, you can't log off when you just finish attacking not being attacked. As long as you are in your fighting pose you can't log off.

You can't log when you're being attacked aswell.

#25 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 11:06 AM

So far I like the new UW map and all the changes. A lot of people are changing back and forth to the Attacking side (let's face it, attacking is so much more fun in a good war) and that might account for why the attacking side has been winning more. One of the problems I have seen is that the defender's side could use a bit of a change as well. Unfortunately, due to the uneven numbers a lot of wars the defenders are camped just as hard as the attackers used to be. And with the range of the bourgs and scouts and the aoes of champs, if you are on the defender's respawn ramp and being camped a lot of people are dying just trying to rebuff.

Would it be possible to make the Defender's respawn ramp wider on either side and maybe raise the end part like you did with the Attackers respawn? The attackers can get up on the defenders respawn (I know most of it is the graphical glitch but come actually do) and raising that end might help with that. It also might help with the range attacks. When the defenders are being camped there really is not a good way down, and getting killed while up there just adds insult to injury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users