• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Willowwind

Willowwind

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 07:33 PM

I tried taking the assassin test a few times, but I keep dying in the mummy room...I read online that it's supposed to teleport you back to the beginning if you die, but it doesn't work for me, so I have to go back to my save point (which is Morroc). Is this a bug? Does anyone else have this problem? I really don't want to have to walk back every time...

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

Interesting. Not sure if it's supposed to tele you back out of the room. It's been years since I did the sin test, and I always cheated and used a frilldora muffler when I did, so that room was trivial.

Do the NPCs say you'll be tele'ed back to the start if you fail, or is it just online resources that say that?

Time to practice your hiding skills. Also be sure you've got agiup effect (those yummy Guarana Candies you can find in vends for like 6-10k are the cheapest way to get agiup*) before you go in, that should help. If you can scare up a cheap honey pastry or +flee ration, that'd help too, so you're more likely to dodge them if they get to swing at you. Oh, and obvs, bring a few SP pots in case you run low from hiding.

*Guarana Candies are the best part of the Brasilis update IMO. There's a quest you can to do to be able to buy them - one at a goddamned time - for 4k zeny each in brasilis, though you'd get shredded trying to do the quest at your level - luckily people often vend them for 6-10k. Wonderful things, they are - they actually cast agiup on you, so you can use them where you would agi scrolls, only without the kafra-point cost. Also hilarious to use if you're pissed at the priest you're partying for not buffing you, because most people (particularly priests, and particularly bad priests) don't seem to know about them, and will think you're using agi scrolls - so you get to make the priest feel just as bad, without spending KP.

#3 Willowwind

Willowwind

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

I found it online, in a number of sources... The NPC didn't say that specifically, he just said I would fail the test if I died/killed anything/took longer than three mins. However, when I walk back to the assassin place and talk to the guildsman to get into the teast again, he continues the test dialogue as though I had just died and teleported right there. So I think you're probably supposed to be teleported out...

Also, having more hiding ability might help, but I tend to always pick the wrong way to go and get mobbed...and in that case, hiding is really useless. The candies you mentioned might be good, though... I'll check them out, thanks!

#4 Darkripjaww

Darkripjaww

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Interesting. Not sure if it's supposed to tele you back out of the room. It's been years since I did the sin test, and I always cheated and used a frilldora muffler when I did, so that room was trivial.

Do the NPCs say you'll be tele'ed back to the start if you fail, or is it just online resources that say that?

Sorry to Neccro-
I did the job change as well, and the problem still happens. The NPC states that you will restart at him if you fail, which doesn't happen. I got sent back to Payon. >.<

#5 9140130711232932467

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:14 PM

Not only does it send you back to your flippin' save but it makes you do the job change target quest again......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users