Don't you find it funny when people quit the game... - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Don't you find it funny when people quit the game...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 fwpxie

fwpxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:52 AM

That they put so much effort in selling all their items? Why bother if you quit the game anyway? Are people dumb enough to believe this?

Posted Image

PS: why can't I give this a toaster thread icon? Dx

Edited by fwpxie, 14 May 2011 - 04:53 AM.

#2 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:56 AM

thats Gravemuse-_-
shes probably gna sell her bourg stuff to keep the money for other chars
and even if someone quits, if u dont sell ur stuff when u quit ur dumb like hell
cause if u ever come back in game after 2 years and u still got ur old stuff, it isnt worth anything
so u better sell ur stuff so u still got zulie to buy the new items of that time

BTW: it says Quitting Bourg, Gravemuse isnt quitting the game so this is a bad example for the title "Don't you find it funny when people quit the game..."

Edited by RangerLaura, 14 May 2011 - 04:58 AM.

#3 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:00 AM

I think it's more a psychological effect. When selling all your items you don't have anything to come back for.
If people decided to quit and leave their characters fully geared, those players would know they could come back any time and start from where they left.

#4 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

thats just dumb...............
look, if u sold all ur items before the ref 15 and 200 armor, ud have money for not bad armor that excists now
if u didnt, then ud be stuck with lvl 180 ref 8-9 armor which kind of sucks now

i know people who sold all there stuff before they quitted and later came back

#5 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:32 AM

That they put so much effort in selling all their items? Why bother if you quit the game anyway? Are people dumb enough to believe this?

I used to think it was odd that people would worry about selling stuff if they are quitting the game also, I mean they are gone, what difference does it make?

But ... I have been with this game since the start and watched what happens with weapons and armor over time. Much of what the developers do has the effect of devaluing these items so that after an update, they become worth very little.

So lets think long term now. If you quit and came back many months later, and much of your gear was worth alot less (as has been the pattern), then wouldn't it be better to have the zulie than the devalued equipment? Then you could use the zulie to buy newer better stuff or refines or what have you. So there really is a method to this madness as it turns out, eh? :o

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 14 May 2011 - 05:34 AM.

#6 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:38 AM

But ... I have been with this game since the start and watched what happens with weapons and armor over time. Much of what the developers do has the effect of devaluing these items so that after an update, they become worth very little.

This probably, by the time your are back ingame everything you have isnt worth anything. Also true that some use this as a marketing technic xD. I know grave will leave the game for a while, but may be back too ^^, lots of people take a break from the game and return later. Idk for grave but for alot of people it makes sense now, the exams are coming up, alot of people are taking up jobs for the summer. Im sure we will see some people take long breaks the coming months, we probably also get people joining who now finally do have the time to play more.

#7 Jappie2

Jappie2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:48 AM

thats Gravemuse-_-

BTW: it says Quitting Bourg, Gravemuse isnt quitting the game so this is a bad example for the title "Don't you find it funny when people quit the game..."

It's he* :o

Btw, Grave isn't only quitting on his bourg, he will quit the game forever ;p

Edited by Jappie2, 14 May 2011 - 05:49 AM.

#8 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

It's he* :)

he wont, cause i will kill him if he will :P

I used to think it was odd that people would worry about selling stuff if they are quitting the game also, I mean they are gone, what difference does it make?

So lets think long term now. If you quit and came back many months later, and much of your gear was worth alot less (as has been the pattern), then wouldn't it be better to have the zulie than the devalued equipment? Then you could use the zulie to buy newer better stuff or refines or what have you. So there really is a method to this madness as it turns out, eh? :o

thats what i said basically

Edited by RangerLaura, 14 May 2011 - 06:02 AM.

#9 Jappie2

Jappie2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

he wont, cause i will kill him if he will :o

Maybe not forever, but he will quit for a while.

#10 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:13 AM

thats what i said basically

I have a bad habit of not reading other posts. :o I was just drawing on over 5 years of playing Rose and watching what happens to my EQ over and over. I tend to hang onto things and found that has not gone well when it comes to the valuation of it.

#11 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:30 AM

thats Gravemuse-_-
and even if someone quits, if u dont sell ur stuff when u quit ur dumb like hell
cause if u ever come back in game after 2 years and u still got ur old stuff, it isnt worth anything
so u better sell ur stuff so u still got zulie to buy the new items of that time

It says QUITTING GAME

#12 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

It says QUITTING GAME

How many people say this and don't? More than I could possibly count. When you see this in a sign, take it with a box car of salt (yes thats a railroad freight car).

#13 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

How many people say this and don't? More than I could possibly count. When you see this in a sign, take it with a box car of salt (yes thats a railroad freight car).

Obviously they aren't quitting, the statement is just to make it look like there's somehow good deals. The point is the shop doesn't say "qutting bourg" it says "qutting game"
time to sue for false advertisement

#14 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

Also true that some use this as a marketing technic xD.

OMG Don't disclose k4fu's "hidden" technique!

#15 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

Niluje ... lol!!!!

Obviously they aren't quitting, the statement is just to make it look like there's somehow good deals. The point is the shop doesn't say "qutting bourg" it says "qutting game"
time to sue for false advertisement

Obviously? How can you suggest sueing for false advertisement when you really don't know for sure? Maybe they are quitting, ... maybe not. Some people may be genuinely quitting (for now or long term). I can't tell by looking at a shop. Can you? Who really really cares? This isn't matter of scamming or breaking the rules.

This topic is a non issue. What matters more are those shops which advertise something for one price, and then try to trick people into buying or paying a different price.

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 14 May 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#16 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:56 AM

Awwwwww crap, didn't know you are quitting grave, you will be missed.

Back on topic, regardless he really is or not, the stuff that he is selling is legit and don't seem to be a problem. Like most people said, if you are on break for a while, is better to sell your stuff then holding onto something that worth nothing later on. For example, HGK D7 (10) use to worth at decent range and now it don't worth more then 30 mil.

#17 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:46 PM

He might be quitting the game but this doesn't mean he will never be back. Selling all his stuff now that it's worth something allows him to gather a decent amount of money in case he comes back in future.

#18 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

He was refering to Laura saying that it said quitting Bourg...but infact states quitting game.

#19 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

He was refering to Laura saying that it said quitting Bourg...but infact states quitting game.

Does it matter which it is he is doing (quitting borg, or the game)? Or are we in a "he said, she said" endless loop?

Edited by CoffeeMuse, 14 May 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#20 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Server:leonis

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

he's just got a plan for the future. . .

#21 SirGar

SirGar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

I quit the game every time I close the client...

#22 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

He is obviously implanting the idea that he is quitting, but actually getting more money for the future/char. Its a style of Inception we call, Operation: Future. But to plant the idea it's quitting, we use the idea of Inception. We plant the idea that we quit,you buy the stuff believing it is the bet possible gear and we are quitting/selling it.

You see the mind can always track the genesis of the original idea, so you have to start with the most basic idea.

The fact he is quitting.

#23 StijnDP

StijnDP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationBE

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:11 AM

Did you ask if it was ok to post the screenshot without masking the player's name before doing so?

As for you question
1) Gear devaluates faster than money, so better to have money when you return
2) Some use it to get more attention and get paid higher prices
3) It takes no effort to put up a shop other than having to rebuild it 10times/week because server disconnects

#24 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

owned i talked to grave he will come back ;D

i proved with this the following
if people stop for a while they sell there gear to keep money
if they stop pernament they dont :o

Edited by RangerLaura, 15 May 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#25 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 15 May 2011 - 06:00 AM

Funny how people always say they're quitting and then come back within a week :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users