3 replies to this topic

#1 Ixiodor

Ixiodor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 05:17 AM

Original discussion: http://forums.warppo...rotector-class/

Please,protector class need really a remake.
This class really suck. It's important only for RH when you will be lv 70 with 10k+ hp(And it's very hard...)
No have damge!
Yes,we need tank,but we are easly replaced in dungeons party. (Alone exp it's hard,make money it's hard, Battles like ion mine etc are unless).

So...Insert an HP buff or improve our CON for each LV,and make really important our DEF VALUE,above 2700 it's usless...
Other classes can easly replace a protector.

#2 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 17 May 2011 - 03:04 AM

-self hp buff at 1st job
-party hp buff for 2nd job protector
would be great , in many other games Tanks got hp buffs too.

and now with many ppl with high reinforeced items its needed to increase the Taunts strength. many ppl/class can take agro atm even with max taunts

#3 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 21 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

Original discussion: http://forums.warppo...rotector-class/

Please,protector class need really a remake.
This class really suck. It's important only for RH when you will be lv 70 with 10k+ hp(And it's very hard...)
No have damge!
Yes,we need tank,but we are easly replaced in dungeons party. (Alone exp it's hard,make money it's hard, Battles like ion mine etc are unless).

So...Insert an HP buff or improve our CON for each LV,and make really important our DEF VALUE,above 2700 it's usless...
Other classes can easly replace a protector.

That is so true. A tank can be easily replaced in a party.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:33 AM

I still think that the main changes should be move Rush to the 1st job, or give Protectors a free dash, like Druids or Rogues have, and make Taunt work over enemy players.

Taunt: the taunt skills (Defender and Druid ones) should make the enemy player target the caster (Defender or Druid). This could work in 2 ways:

-In the first way, the enemy just would target the tank but wouldnt get the target locked: the theory is that even if isnt locked, the players would take 1 or 2 secons between they realize what just happen and the time to take to re-target.

-The second way would be that the target get locked for some time, like was suggested in the link above, shouldnt be more than 1-3 secs. That time could be fixed from the skill lvl 1, could be a effect given at certain lvl of the skill or the time could rise little by little while the skill rise in lvl. The main idea would be to dont give too much power to the Commanders.

If the taunt start to give that effect at a specific lvl, the best would be that was at lvl 3-5 for Defenders and lvl 1 for Druids.

If the skill gives the effect from the start but the time in wich the target is locked rise little by little, then could go like this:

Defender: Taunt and Taunting Cry: 0.3 secs per lvl

Druid: Taunting Cry: 0.6 secs per lvl

Thinking about this new function and how balanced would be, if the taunt skills lock the target for x amount of time, maybe Taunt (Defender) shouldnt had this effect, since would be too easy to permanently lock a target.

About the hp problem, probably the best solution would be, like it was said before, rise the con given per lvl and/or increase the hp given by the low lvl Defender sets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users