• 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:14 PM

+1
I agree with u.
Its gonna be less leecher from now on.
And all the leecher gonna rage, I saw many of them already.

4 hour is good. So u have more time with ur main character to do lots thing beside UW.
Because right now u dont have that much time until next UW start. This is the main reason why there's so much leecher.

The problem of the leechers is cause they don't have time to do anything in between the faction wars????

Leeching is a common 'problem' those players have multiple accounts and sign them all up at all sides to get points to farm their union points faster, making it 4 hours will only increase leeching so they can get their union points.

Every 4 hours will also increase the imbalanced uw's, cause most players only care about the points, it will be one sided now for sure.
Gues we will see what happens.

#152 adrastia

adrastia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:15 PM

Why u sold yours?
U got 2 set ?
This show that uw point to easy to get.
Almost everyone in dragonis have union set right now. At least 1 set.
I think this patch not really bad.
It might reduce leecher at uw.

No, actually, I sold my battle clerics chiv 15's because I made it full support and no longer needed chivs for Cleric/Mage. But thanks for assuming I had two sets? o_o

#153 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:18 PM

the war begins at 1, 5, 9 all day

That is 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 10 pm, 2am, and 6am eastern time. No more UW for a lot of us on east coast US. This is not a good idea as has said many times in this thread. Let the Pking in PVP maps start with all the bored people.

And if we are all to be research specimens we should be signing some kind of consent form.

#154 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

preview system:
Posted Image

#155 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

I really like the Preview System! Could there be a way to make the window a little bit wider? :3

#156 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

That's exactly what I suggested some time ago.

Oh? I read through the P&S a while back and didn't see anyone else suggesting it so I did on my UW thread. Was it in the old forums? I'd like to check it out if so and see how you worded the proposal. I think it would be the best way to go as it wouldn't confuse people on which side they're on and which side they're REALLY on. it also allows people to sign up with their clans and friends if they stay in the same faction.

#157 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

i like the preview system but what would be even better is if they would of added the refine of your set into it so you could see the glow. <_<

#158 CastanhoBR

CastanhoBR

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:Burguer King

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:34 PM

Clicking on a Castle Gear/Cart will now select the Castle Gear/Cart driver.

Do that mean the same skill i drive cart, now i will be able to drive Castle gear???

Give me back my 50.00.00 zulie! ¬¬

#159 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:37 PM

I think it means if you click on the cart you will target the driver instead of the cart. Same goes for CG.

#160 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

maybe they're counting on the fact that the rapture's coming this saturday when they thought to release this patch.

I'm surprised they didn't release to IM a super ultra platinum premium UW ticket that gives you bonus points, either that or maybe the current one is giving them enough moolah

#161 Kelsieee

Kelsieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Oh no all those union war leechers have to wait now, what ever will we do!

#162 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

Do that mean the same skill i drive cart, now i will be able to drive Castle gear???

Give me back my 50.00.00 zulie! ¬¬

No, it means when you target a castle gear you can target the whole thing instead of just the driver.

#163 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

lame uw times.

#164 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Oh no all those union war leechers have to wait now, what ever will we do!

Aahahahaha...ya all this means is that there are 1/4 of the battles in a day for which leechers can battle. This patch was nothing other than a very poor, very little thought out, poor man's attempt at fixing something that needs a lot more thinking/programming.

Randomization is the ONLY answer. That's it.

#165 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

No, it means when you target a castle gear you can target the whole thing instead of just the driver.

my bad =s sorry for the misinformation earlier.

Aahahahaha...ya all this means is that there are 1/4 of the battles in a day for which leechers can battle. This patch was nothing other than a very poor, very little thought out, poor man's attempt at fixing something that needs a lot more thinking/programming.

Randomization of faction alliances is the ONLY answer. That's it.

o.o

#166 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

the war begins at 1, 5, 9 all day

That is 10am, 2pm, 6pm, 10 pm, 2am, and 6am eastern time. No more UW for a lot of us on east coast US. This is not a good idea as has said many times in this thread. Let the Pking in PVP maps start with all the bored people.

And if we are all to be research specimens we should be signing some kind of consent form.

Omg. seriously those are the times for eastern time? This is worse than I thought. So.. its pretty much.. Work, Work, Dinner, UW, Sleep, Sleep. I thought, maybe I'd be able to do two uw.

#167 Rocanlover

Rocanlover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:48 PM

Say "i was born in a pirate ship" without moving your tongue. This patch was born from you.

#168 Santa1K

Santa1K

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Location5341, 5837

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

You guys are doing it wrong.

If you think theres a surplus of UWpts/Items, you shouldn't have cut down on the UWs.
You should've just lowered the union war pts people get from the war.
There was just no point in making it only 4 times a day.

#169 HellGuardian

HellGuardian

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1270 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

I can only attend war once or twice a day depending what time I get up but now with the new schedule, I can't even attend a single war ...

Like everyone said, it's making more people quit. On top of that, my initial thought was supporting gravity is no problem because they need the fund to develop but now I guess I should stop spending 100 dollars every week ... Or every other week.

Congrats on taking the fun from people who invest into your company.

Edited by HellGuardian, 19 May 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#170 Xieg2

Xieg2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationBaguio City, Philippines

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:51 PM

If you think theres a surplus of UWpts/Items, you shouldn't have cut down on the UWs.

True. Those who aren't AFK do wars for the "bloodshed" not for points (or about 50% of the time <_<)

#171 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

I think they already lowered it.. I know I was getting less points after the last patch..half of what I used to..so please don't encourage them. >.<

#172 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

Taken from developper notes:
Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:14 PM

PvP
As soon as this upcoming patch, there will be an update to the Union War map to alleviate some of the problems that have existed. Other areas of improvement are also being looked into.

Since my main language isn't english can someone translate the word improvement for me please? <_<

#173 Santa1K

Santa1K

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Location5341, 5837

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

What you guys don't see is Union War was the only fun thing to do for some people. And also for some, it was never about the points. The points were merely a bonus. Obviously there will always be leechers, unless you guys resolve that anyway. You cut down on the union wars, you cut down on maybe the only fun thing people do in this game. Should and will result to more people quitting, and game dying at an even faster rate.

If you cut down on the points instead of the number of wars, people WILL still play. They might even play more often because it'll take more wars to accumulate enough points to get a certain item. Not to bash any of you developers or whoever is brainstorming there, but you guys need to think harder. Yes, I understand, this company needs their profits, but there wont be any if this game dies. And by the way you guys are doing things, that wont be long.

#174 Kelsieee

Kelsieee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

I'd like to provide a little feedback or insight behind the Developers intention for changing the Union Wars to every 4 hours. They wanted to address the concerns of imbalanced wars, and wars going off with significantly uneven teams. They looked at our peak hours for User numbers and devised a schedule they believe will be best suited for our game and of course you, the players. They feel that with the Union War being ever 4 hours, this will promote more even teams and less chance of wars being imbalanced, as the desire to compete in the Union War will increase.

You guys are saying that they did this to make people get less union points in game.... all they tried to do is make the union wars occur less so that people will want to join the wars more. With this the wars will be filled more with people and the teams would hopefully be more even. Just give it a shot <_< Complaining in this thread wont do much besides boost your post count hehe ^^

#175 dom33fr

dom33fr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:46 PM

Lol

It seems the dev Team has absolutly no idea Pf. What the Community thinks!!!

The only Thing u achieve with that is that more People get Board and are Quittung

And the fact that nearly 100% of the Community dislikes that Change but u DON'T Care just proofs that u don't Listen to the community

I'm not part of the 100%, I don't even belong to a Union ^^ .. I do like that change, if that can make some "quitters/haters" actually go, but unfortunately, most of the time they're too addicted, even if they say again and again they quit because they hate dev's ideas.

Besides, I do think making them every 4h will lead to people try to join them more, and be there at time, and less a-_-, maybe more balanced UW.. that's what you all wanted, they gave an answer to this, let's see if that works before crying like babies.

*thinking of playing UW now that they seem to be playable without having to know which side will win 100%*
(which was the case, I know since I have friends wasting time in them... sometimes just afking because of that balance issue)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users