Solo Leveling Guide and Renewal Changes FAQ! - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Solo Leveling Guide and Renewal Changes FAQ!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cmartell

cmartell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

Renewal has changed the game. All the old leveling guides are outdated and even veteran players returning to the game have questions.

I've put together this guide (with images and videos, which is why it's hosted on my site) to assist newbies and returning veterans with leveling in iRo again, along with summarizing the Renewal changes.

You can find the guide here: Ragnarok Online Renewal FAQ and Solo Leveling Guide

Enjoy and I appreciate any feedback on how to improve the guide!

#2 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:41 AM

Gotta say, this is pretty awesome.

#3 cmartell

cmartell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:54 AM

Gotta say, this is pretty awesome.

Thanks!

I put a lot of work into it. I'm currently trying to decide if I should add more videos to show the locations of various maps, or anything else. Or other info it needs.

#4 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:13 AM

Here's a few things I'd like to point out:

The base Level cap has increased from level 99 to 150. You can now spend stat points to increase a stat to 120.

Should probably include something mentioning third classes only being able to break the past limits.

Status ailment immunities can no longer be obtained by having certain stat point levels (e.g Having 90 VIT meant you were immune to 'Stun'. This is no longer true). Immunities now depend on having gear.

I believe the immunity was 100 vit (I'm nitpicking, sorry)

Fear not, most character skill builds that were effective before Renewal are still valid. However, depending on how you were handling your stat points you may need to use a Reset stone to reset your stats to best optimize your character for the new mechanics. You can also reset your skill tree to change your build by purchasing a Neuralizer Box (You can purchase these items from the Kafra item mall using micropayments through the WarpPortal website).

There is a one-time resetter inside the Eden Group that will reset you free of charge once per character. (Not 100% if it'll always be around, but it's worth mentioning)

#5 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

Really good guide!! /no1

#6 cmartell

cmartell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

Here's a few things I'd like to point out:

Should probably include something mentioning third classes only being able to break the past limits.

I believe the immunity was 100 vit (I'm nitpicking, sorry)

There is a one-time resetter inside the Eden Group that will reset you free of charge once per character. (Not 100% if it'll always be around, but it's worth mentioning)

Changes added, thanks for pointing that stuff out!

#7 Macromute

Macromute

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:05 AM

Changes added, thanks for pointing that stuff out!

Very impressive guide! Thank you so much. Hoping you can make suggestions on looking at equipment once you earned the funds through the race from lv1-99+, otherwise this is pretty solid either way.

#8 cmartell

cmartell

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

Very impressive guide! Thank you so much. Hoping you can make suggestions on looking at equipment once you earned the funds through the race from lv1-99+, otherwise this is pretty solid either way.

I'm glad you enjoy the guide.

Equipment is something that is tailored to each Job and the particular build of that Job. Because a lot of guides are outdated and I can't reasonably level up a character in every Jo to test this stuff out myself, I'm unsure if I can get this information included in my guide in the near future. I would only be able to comment on Crusader / Paladin / Royal Guards.

However if you know of a guide someone else has made that talks about end-game equipment I can link to it from my guide.

Edited by cmartell, 27 May 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#9 Interguy1

Interguy1

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for guide. It really helped out in the beginning.

#10 pladpuss

pladpuss

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Thanks a bunch the last time I played RO was when I was 13/14 haha so I've forgotten everything.
This is a great help :blink:

#11 terrany85

terrany85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Thanks

maybe this will help me lvling ^^

#12 mbayabo

mbayabo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

this is helping me tremendously. i had no idea you can do the eden quests multiple times. i kept doing them in order. this should be stickied =D

#13 dirtyman

dirtyman

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hi :) I would like to see the guide that you made, but it doesn't seems to exist anymore... is the link broken, or the guide has been really removed? D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users