Setup Help - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Setup Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GregtheGreat

GregtheGreat

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:21 PM

okies so i just downloaded ragnarok, and i have 1 question, when i launch the game this tab comes up for ragnarok setup, i put in my setting press ok and think im good, wrong it pops up again i press ok, and it pops up again, and again, and again, and so on, plz help me and ty in advanced.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

You're running Vista or 7. You need to run both the game client AND the setup program as admin.

What's happening is that the game client is launching as admin (as it needs to), but setup is being called with user privileges. Since it saves the settings under HKLM, the settings actually go in the virtual store. But RO itself is running as admin, so it doesn't go through the virtual store, and it looks for the settings under HKLM, sees nothing, and "Oh, setup hasn't been run yet, lets start it", and the cycle begins again.

Also, in the future, threads like this should go in tech support. There are a few very active people here who give fast responses in TS.

#3 whitnai

whitnai

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

I have a question about the setup as well... I didn't get to input my settings, so when I launch the game the resolution is off. I can't see the bottom half of my screen and I can't move the game's window around. So, my question is how do I get to that setup screen to fix the resolution/screen size?

#4 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

I have a question about the setup as well... I didn't get to input my settings, so when I launch the game the resolution is off. I can't see the bottom half of my screen and I can't move the game's window around. So, my question is how do I get to that setup screen to fix the resolution/screen size?

In your RO folder, there should be a 'setup.exe'. You can use this to change your settings. Just make sure you run the setup under right click>'run as admin' mode, otherwise the client (that should be run under admin mode as well) does not acknowledge any changes.

#5 whitnai

whitnai

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

In your RO folder, there should be a 'setup.exe'. You can use this to change your settings. Just make sure you run the setup under right click>'run as admin' mode, otherwise the client (that should be run under admin mode as well) does not acknowledge any changes.

Awesome! Thank you so much. ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users