6 replies to this topic

#1 Credence

Credence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

What is the easiest build to level a rogue? Bow or Dagger?

Secondly, since Gank is affected by steal level, does it give you a higher chance if you lvl 10 gank?

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

1) The best lvling build for a Rogue from what I've seen is the dagger builds.

2) Gank is basically a skill that procs auto-steal while you attack. So the higher lvl your Gank, the higher the chances your Rogue will make an attempt to Steal from something. If you really want to steal from something, do it manually with Steal and save your skill pts for other stuff. Even then, lvl 4 Gank has a nice auto-steal rate.

#3 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:42 AM

Lvling wise bow can do somewhat better but dagger isn't bad too. if you want to use gank tho then you have to choose dagger route since you can't steal with bow.

#4 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

Lvling wise bow can do somewhat better but dagger isn't bad too.

Honestly I noticed the opposite, at least at the rogue level. Then again, I think the combination of making money and leveling at the same time, while maybe not being as fast, can be a lot more enjoyable and helpful in the long run. I actually really do miss having a high level dagger rogue if for no other reason than it was remarkably easy to collect things. I mean now with goats and all a dagger build shouldn't have much trouble leveling with mediocre-ish gear.

#5 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

Honestly I noticed the opposite, at least at the rogue level. Then again, I think the combination of making money and leveling at the same time, while maybe not being as fast, can be a lot more enjoyable and helpful in the long run. I actually really do miss having a high level dagger rogue if for no other reason than it was remarkably easy to collect things. I mean now with goats and all a dagger build shouldn't have much trouble leveling with mediocre-ish gear.

hehe I hear ya and I was just saying if for lvling only but its more of a choice really. I was a dagger rogue but also was using bow too for a short time while I somehow was doing more damage then when I was using daggers :p_devil:. as of right now as a stalker, I am still a dagger build xD.

Edited by Pineyman, 20 August 2010 - 08:22 PM.

#6 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

hehe I hear ya and I was just saying if for lvling only but its more of a choice really. I was a dagger rogue but also was using bow too for a short time while I somehow was doing more damage then when I was using daggers :p_devil:. as of right now as a stalker, I am still a dagger build xD.

heh, better than my end. I went bow and have been reduced to TU'ing Anubis (and at the rate I'm draggin' ass I doubt that I'll finish doing that before renewal)

#7 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:17 PM

I've personally found using daggers quite enjoyable and fairly fast. I've never been really limited in where I wanted to level. I've done Anubises with TUing or just straight out melee, and pretty much anywhere else you can think of. I'm currently working on getting my last job level at Nameless Island 1. Not only is the exp great, I've also ganked a number of Orlean's Gowns and Wool Scarves. Mine's a fairly specialized build though, so I'm not sure if you'd get the same results without it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users