is it me or is this game really laggyy - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

is it me or is this game really laggyy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DarknessXII

DarknessXII

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

like its not lag from someone having a bad computer cause i know that is not the case with my computer but i just seams like internet lag or server lag i donno but i already end up trying walk everywhere and my guy walks stops walks stops walks and so on because of the lag.. useing skills takes up some time by having to click on them 10000 times for the thing to work.. anyways its reallly anoying and always gets me killed

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

How does your tracert look?

That's the first step in debugging any case of suspected lag (in any game, not just RO).

Open a command window and type
tracert iro.ragnarokonline.com

copy/paste (to copy out of it, right-click -> mark to select, then enter to copy) the results in here.

Also, share the details of your system configuration, ISP, and network setup (wireless? router? etc)

Oftentimes, internet-lag problems can be solved by using LowerPing or WTFast - these are providers of a gaming proxy service, optimized to provide a high performance connection for gaming, and allow you to get around bad servers between you and the game server (for example, Comcast routes to NTT through AS6453, whose servers often drop packets. Without lowerping I lag badly enough that I wouldn't be able to level the way I like to level - with LP, i experience no lag, ever. Do not use any other gaming proxy - only LowerPing and WTFast are approved. Both of those services allow you to try the service for free, at the cost of periodically DCing you (every 30 mins for LP, 20 for WTFast).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users