Do you get Cart Boost 5? (Geneticist) - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Do you get Cart Boost 5? (Geneticist)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:59 AM

I was wondering it since Cart Boost 1 gives me the same MSPD+ than Urgent Escape (+100% no?), not its half. Which is weird for me -_- .

#2 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

Cart Boost also gives +ATK, good for cart cannon.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

I thought higher levels of cart boost gave more of a speed increase? The desc implies that they do, at least.

Damage increase on CC is negligible.

#4 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:37 PM

When I saw the skill desc, I could swear that Cart Boost 1 would only give me same MSPD+ than Increase AGI (+50%, no?), but I get the same MSPD+ like UE o Speed Potion, which is weird for me.

So, since more Cart Boost levels would only lead to MasteryAtk+40 only (level 1 currently), do more levels worth?

PS. I forgot to put this question on topic, sorry... Do you get Sword Training?

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

No sword training. You don't use swords as a genetic, you use a mjolnir, and if you can't scare up a hammer, you use a hurricane fury or other high atk axe.

I guess until they fix cart boost to not give you the maximum bonus at any level, you don't need to max it; but budget skill points for it in case they do in the future.

#6 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Well, I thought Sword Training would be useful for, let's say, Naght Sieger swords (3 slots) or w/e... high attack while shields are available, or a +X triple diligent Scalpel (100% against small against hurricane fury's 50%)... maybe I'm thinking too much. And in my current state, Mjolnir and any god item is not option for me at all.

Well, thanks Yzza.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

I don't think cart cannon damage is even effected by the size penalty? It certainly doesn't appear to be. I do around the same damage (21k a shot, give or take) to acidus and to novus if I recall correctly (that's w/out cwater, i obv use cwater when actually leveling to get 2-shot on acidus). Also about the same damage with boost on vs off.

I mean, if you're using normal attacks, swords are probably better (and cart boost 5 is probably worth it for the damage), but i don't think anyone uses anything other than cart cannon to get PVM damage out of genetics.

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 June 2011 - 11:01 AM.

#8 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:29 AM

The Size Penalty may not be affected Cart Cannon (although I think it does), but I'm rather positive it does affect Acid Bomb, even if the damage change is somewhat hard to notice, I'm sure about it.

Okay I guess I'm gonna save my Skill Points until something neat happens.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

Yeah, i know it effects the weapon attack portion of AB. It doesn't seem to be noticable with CC - though CC kinda tears everything to shreds, and i havn't studied the damage too carefully.

#10 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

Okay, thanks Doc but better to finish this thread since the topic was about Cart Boost and not CC and etc. so, feel free to close the thread if deemed necesary.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

Man, if I closed every thread that wandered from the title a bit, i'd have to close half the threads on the forum ;-)

And - Cart boost 1 feels slower than cart boost 5.

#12 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

If, and only if, Cart Boost 5 has even better MSPD than speed pots (I'm very positive that there's nothing better than it, maybe equivalent like UE but not better), I'll max that skill. Otherwise I'll keep Cart Boost 1.

Also, when the topic loses the track, it's not bad to close it when the OP explicitly asked for it, issue that i've never seen here so far :D, otherwise better to let it be. My apologies if any inconvenience happened.

Edited by NeoNilox, 06 June 2011 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users