Zeppelin, about Shattered Hope - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Zeppelin, about Shattered Hope

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

So I've been farming this unique level 200 staff for quite a while now.

I've killed about 20 - 25 king/queen monsters that supposedly drop it, and it never dropped (I'm even using 2x drop medals).

You linked us to a third party website (ROSE Compendium) to show us that it did drop, but can you please check into your own system to see if it drops? Not rely on a third party website for it?

#2 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:25 AM

i went to orlo with pties and we killed over 300 kings who suppose to drop unique and we didn't get anything so keep trying and u might get lucky

#3 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:35 AM

So I've been farming this unique level 200 staff for quite a while now.

I've killed about 20 - 25 king/queen monsters that supposedly drop it, and it never dropped (I'm even using 2x drop medals).

You linked us to a third party website (ROSE Compendium) to show us that it did drop, but can you please check into your own system to see if it drops? Not rely on a third party website for it?

--->

Epic drops are extremely rare. possibly one chance in 1000 or lower.
The drop rates of epics was reduced significantly in a recent update.

You aren't unlucky if you don't get one after 100 kills. You have barely started :(.

Kill it 5000 times without an epic then I will agree that you are unlucky but if you get one before 1000 kills then you are very lucky indeed.

I don't have the exact figures phish but i know they are rare as hell.

One version of the drops table that I received had some drop percentage data left in and I remember some items had a drop chance of less than 5 in 100,000 (0.005%)
They usually remove this data cuz they are meany faces :)

#4 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:37 AM

Why do I see shops around fully loaded with unique gear, with them re-stocking quite often?

I've stumbled upon pretty much every unique item in a shop, except for Shattered Hope.

Edited by FredWPx, 31 May 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#5 PerdanaMenteri

PerdanaMenteri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:40 AM

that and rift buster...fix it!!!damn...

#6 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:43 AM

Why do I see shops around fully loaded with unique gear, with them re-stocking quite often?

I've stumbled upon pretty much every unique item in a shop, except for Shattered Hope.

They already had it long time ago and kept it in storage. First time the epic weapon introduced, drop rate quite good. 1 drop per hour. Some of them are buyers.. They buy all epic when it start skyrocketing price (3-2 week ago), and resell it piece per piece to keep the highest price possible.

#7 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

They already had it long time ago and kept it in storage. First time the epic weapon introduced, drop rate quite good. 1 drop per hour. Some of them are buyers.. They buy all epic when it start skyrocketing price (3-2 week ago), and resell it piece per piece to keep the highest price possible.

I'm offering 1b - 3b for Shattered Hope for 3 - 4 days now, haven't found a seller.

#8 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

Also take a good look at the epics that ARE in abundance. 1h maces, xbows and 2h axes I see alot, all weapon only a few use, that and Xena's post ^^

#9 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

lol 20-25 bosses, come back in 2 weeks when you've killed 5000 and we'll talk.

#10 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:59 AM

I'm offering 1b - 3b for Shattered Hope for 3 - 4 days now, haven't found a seller.

Categorized as rarest epic since the first time is:
- Staff
- Gun
- Wand
- Launcher
Vendor selling it for 200m while other epic around 20-50m.. No one buying it.
Players have no idea epic drop rate going to be nerfed.
Thats why only a few people had it (staff,gun,...).

The only way to obtain it atm.... Use bourg with max stockpile skill + Ghost/Lox costume + Medal of Fortune.

#11 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

I agree with Albe. You should come back in 2 weeks after killing 5000 bosses. The drop rate for epic staff isn't fun, and I have to admit that.

#12 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

I can guarantee you that these rare Epic will not stay rare forever, it is a rule of thumb that nothing on ROSE online is hard to obtain, so just keep waiting don't bother paying billions for these temporary rare items, my guess is they will either drop them like rain in the Goblin Cave expansion patch or they will sell an Item Mall Detective medal that will boost the chance of obtaining a rare drop for an hour. :(

#13 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

I can guarantee you that these rare Epic will not stay rare forever, it is a rule of thumb that nothing on ROSE online is hard to obtain, so just keep waiting don't bother paying billions for these temporary rare items, my guess is they will either drop them like rain in the Goblin Cave expansion patch or they will sell an Item Mall Detective medal that will boost the chance of obtaining a rare drop for an hour. :(

I wouldn't surprise....no....I wouldn't doubt what you are saying is true.

#14 KingArthur

KingArthur

Amateur Blogger

• ROSE Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • LocationAncient player (15)

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:29 AM

it would not really be an unique if it drops after 25 .. or ?

#15 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

it would not really be an unique if it drops after 25 .. or ?

It could drop even after 1 kill, it depends on your luck.

Uniques drops are not based on how many you have killed, but the drop percentage.

#16 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

Despite the fact that I agree, I still think that everyone is correct. The drop most likely isn't going to drop within, say, 25 kills.

A group and I went through a good 100 bosses looking for epic drops and we only managed to get some Legendary Caliburns and other armor.

Just keep trying, you may succeed eventually.

Edited by Rukario, 31 May 2011 - 11:36 AM.

#17 SelasVic

SelasVic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:40 PM

i pray for the day when GMs and Devs and CMs start farming in ROSE - they might realise what they did :(

nice idea: let a GM (or what ever) make a new char - lvl up - farm gear and all this WITHOUT itemmall-points - wanna see how fast they would change things! =)

paying 10m+ for plutos farming weeks and wasting it by failing at refining 3-4 tries... haha i would love it =)

Edited by SelasVic, 31 May 2011 - 03:41 PM.

#18 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:47 PM

i pray for the day when GMs and Devs and CMs start farming in ROSE - they might realise what they did :(

nice idea: let a GM (or what ever) make a new char - lvl up - farm gear and all this WITHOUT itemmall-points - wanna see how fast they would change things! =)

paying 10m+ for plutos farming weeks and wasting it by failing at refining 3-4 tries... haha i would love it =)

+1232
Gms dont really understand as much as we do on how hard it is to survive in this game without IM and farming isnt really helping us survive at all.

#19 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:52 PM

+1232
Gms dont really understand as much as we do on how hard it is to survive in this game without IM and farming isnt really helping us survive at all.

That's exactly why they have IM and why people buy tons of points everyday. It's a business.

#20 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Yea i kno but its kinda rediculous farming.....

#21 FredWPx

FredWPx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:59 PM

Don't worry guys I got my Shattered Hope, they should make it harder now for it to be obtained, to be honest. x3

Posted Image

Edited by FredWPx, 31 May 2011 - 05:00 PM.

#22 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:30 PM

Don't worry guys I got my Shattered Hope, they should make it harder now for it to be obtained, to be honest. x3

Posted Image

Natural respond...
Those who doesnt have epic will complaining, mocking the Dev's anytime-anywhere. And those who already have many epics want the drop rate even more harder to obtained.
Human being are selfish. xD

Btw, Grats for Shatered Hope. :(

#23 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

Guess a lot of peoples have misconcept of what epic/unique weapon all about.... it should be extremely rare, hard to get and expensive. ROSE made a mistake from start by dropping them so much in order to please most of the peoples here....

#24 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

Guess a lot of peoples have misconcept of what epic/unique weapon all about.... it should be extremely rare, hard to get and expensive. ROSE made a mistake from start by dropping them so much in order to please most of the peoples here....

I agree. But they should have been adjusted so that they all are actually epic.

#25 Xenania

Xenania

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:02 PM

Agreed.
And for the dev team.. Please pardon me..
You should give very less at first, increased thereafter and users will be pleased.
What has happened so far is: you delight customers at first, being nerfed thereafter and users will be dissapointed.
Example case: Stat nerfed, epic drop rate, and so on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users