How should Ranger skill points be distributed? - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How should Ranger skill points be distributed?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PsychoNerd

PsychoNerd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

I recently job changed to a ranger (within less than 15 seconds before the server maintenance! w00t!). I would like some advice on where I should first put my skill points as I job level.

I'm planning on maxing Electric Shock for WoE, Fire Trap, MAYBE Ice Trap, Arrow Storm and Fear Breeze. I don't plan on using Warg because I like to shoot things from afar (which is why I want the Fear Breeze skill and might as well max Arrow Storm), and traps are the highlights of Ranger class so therefore I would have trap skills (I'm like a trap bowsman).

The other two things I would maximize are Bomb Cluster and Trap Research. I'm not sure how useful or powerful Bomb Cluster is though, but I have to have it level 3, so might as well put 2 points to make it maximum 5 (Is it useful?). I'm also thinking of putting my last remainder point (if I go according to this layout) in Maze Trap so I make my Fire Trap and Claymore Trap (level 5) more effective on more monsters.

Having that said,
What are your advice for putting the points first? Like, the best place to put first at low job levels, so I have something useful, and probably to help me level up faster, then where next after I max XXX skill, etc.?

#2 PsychoNerd

PsychoNerd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:52 AM

btw, if someone, unlike me, is planning to be make a ranger with a Warg/Trap build (which is probably the most typical build right now??), or if someone wants to give advice on how to plan the creation of it, feel free to post it and describe it here. Or any other ranger builds for that matter.

I'm actually a bit curious on how people choose to set up that build as well. That is, which one would be a better idea to invest in first? Warg skills or Trap skills? (bow skills or trap skills, in my case)

Thanks.

#3 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

As much as I love my Ranger personally...I hate to tell this to you.

1-Fear Breeze and Arrow Storm right now SUCK. Until we get the Ranger Balance patch, they're pretty much useless skills. Fear Breeze has very low Proc chance and Arrow Storm's damage isn't worth it.

2-Fire Trap is non-elemental so for it to do fire damage, you'd need an endow. But it still does neutral damage to ghost types.

3-Electric Shock really isn't worth it because you can only set 3 traps down. you're better off with Shockwave/Ankle Snare.

4-Cluster Bomb is ok if you max it and you can consistently place three traps down and detonate quickly enough to do high burst damage. Otherwise, just leave it at lvl 3. You'll actually be using Fire Trap as your main trap.

5-Considering that you want to WoE...you're pretty much going to be stuck in emp rooms as a trapper. For this reason, you're going to want to have Warg Bite and Keen Nose to detect and lock people.

Pretty much, the ONLY way you're gonna be able to decently level is to get Fire Trap lvl 5 ASAP, then get Warg Ride 3 for higher movement speed and that's your leveling skills till 150. Even in WoE people will tell you not to use Fire Trap in groups because you hit allies as well as enemies. Actually to be honest, people will tell you to make another class and not even play Ranger in WoE. Sorry, that's how it is for Rangers right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users