• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DarkwingGT

DarkwingGT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

I'm working on my champion right now and was wondering, should I pick up Gfist, or wait till I hit Sura to get GoH or should I get both? I was hoping to use the Sura to do some MVPing.

#2 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

I know it depends on supply since gfist lvling requires sp pots/pots in general.

#3 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

It takes a long long time to get to GoH.
With how misleading skills description are, you might also need to reset a few times.
With that in mind, I'd go with Gfist first so you don't have to wait till lv 130-140 to start MvPing.

Also, are you Combo build ?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

They are both essential skills, you need both of them.

#5 DarkwingGT

DarkwingGT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

Currently I am a combo build but everything I read said a combo build is awful for leveling as a Sura. I sort of already have resigned myself to having to respec once I finally make Sura.

Actually Pyrasia, I remember seeing you say you had to experiment a lot with Sura builds to get a good one. Would you mind sharing your wisdom please? :)

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

Actually Pyrasia, I remember seeing you say you had to experiment a lot with Sura builds to get a good one. Would you mind sharing your wisdom please? :)

Last i heard, Pyrasia was only 10x level - so - no offence to them, but they're not really an authority on build. You want someone who's messed around with sura builds, and has leveled a sura up to 14x, so they can comment on what works at higher levels. Because really, it's 13x and up where leveling gets hard. Ex, on my RK, I had to reset at 120ish, because the build that worked beautifully up until then petered out at around 12x and i had to restat to level the rest of the way. For my genetic, i got advice from 2 people each of whom have a 150 genetic that performs well, and both of whom have another high level genetic to boot - i felt confident in that build, and indeed, it's worked like a charm up through mid 13x, where the char is sitting.

Yeah, combo sucks as sura. Any single target killing build sucks for third job, because there's nothing you can hunt that's worth killing one at a time.

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 June 2011 - 01:40 PM.

#7 Pyrasia

Pyrasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Yeah, my Sura build isn't aimed for anything except for personal fun. I couldn't care less about MvP or WoE atm. Combo'ing was my source of fun, and now that is gone :)

The only way to level up effectively as a Sura, is to mob up monsters and AoE them to Hell before you go down. Agi/Flee is useless here because your Flee will become completely useless with that many Mobs on you. Our combo only hit 1 target at a time, so it's no use. Raging Thrust becomes AoE if Soul Linked, but it's still much less Effective than a single shot of Lightning Ride, the AoE one.

Be sure to get Snap, Zen and max GFist while you are a Champion. You will need those 3.

#8 DarkwingGT

DarkwingGT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'm right, I'll have to reset at Sura.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users