13 replies to this topic

#1 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

In the real world many people can be named John. In Requiem, only 1 person is allowed to be named John. This restriction can be limiting to newer players for a game with a long existence and can cause problems when doing things like merging servers.

My idea is simple. Remove the restriction and instead have a character ID number when the character is created as a unique identifier. Now we can have 1000 people named Naruto if they want to be, but they can all be differentiated by their ID number.

#2 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Yes, i dont know if any game have that but it have a lot of sence. I remember a game that the characters have name and last name, like in real life, that also increase the number of posibilities, but your idea is more simple.

#3 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

In the real world many people can be named John. In Requiem, only 1 person is allowed to be named John. This restriction can be limiting to newer players for a game with a long existence and can cause problems when doing things like merging servers.

My idea is simple. Remove the restriction and instead have a character ID number when the character is created as a unique identifier. Now we can have 1000 people named Naruto if they want to be, but they can all be differentiated by their ID number.

i dont think that would be easy/good/possible...

Yes, i dont know if any game have that but it have a lot of sence. I remember a game that the characters have name and last name, like in real life, that also increase the number of posibilities, but your idea is more simple.

Last names could be ok.

#4 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:22 PM

Yes, thinking about that, it would be hard to send a mail for example. But still is a good idea, it should be able to be done in some way, maybe with the last name, dont know.

#5 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:16 AM

Yes, thinking about that, it would be hard to send a mail for example. But still is a good idea, it should be able to be done in some way, maybe with the last name, dont know.

hm last name... then a marriage system too <3_<3

#6 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Doesn't everyone want to mail their friends using a simple 10 digit number?

#7 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:20 PM

Doesn't everyone want to mail their friends using a simple 10 digit number?

lol

Lastname, firstname is good idea.

#8 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Not Requiem

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:13 AM

No.. I like my names unique to me.. I own them in all mmo's I have played and will play in the future. I can see many 'mature(haha)' players in this game abusing this and derailing each other by using someones name to ruin reputations. ie scamming or just being a total ass to people, all for the sake of making the real person look bad. Might be fun for many of you tho, until someone returns the favor that is.

Mailing to friends by a number isnt a bad idea tho.

#9 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:55 AM

No.. I like my names unique to me.. I own them in all mmo's I have played and will play in the future. I can see many 'mature(haha)' players in this game abusing this and derailing each other by using someones name to ruin reputations. ie scamming or just being a total ass to people, all for the sake of making the real person look bad. Might be fun for many of you tho, until someone returns the favor that is.

Mailing to friends by a number isnt a bad idea tho.

some even give a bad person a good reputation O_O

#10 Howako

Howako

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 885 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Not Requiem

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

some even give a bad person a good reputation O_O

yea that might even be worse! we need the villains in the game to keep things interesting.

#11 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:14 AM

yea that might even be worse! we need the villains in the game to keep things interesting.

not that bad , to be good in FoC / Theme with some retards name ^____^

#12 vukovic

vukovic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1431 posts
  • LocationAion EU
  • Server:Nexsus

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Fuk no that's retarded. Due having 2 many scammers, allowing that would make the game even easier to scam. Trustable, honorable and ppl whos word mean something would be harrased by newbs using advantage of their names.

#13 vinxer

vinxer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationMéxico
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

bad idea :D

#14 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Every name in Requiem is tied to a number already. That's how a GM can keep track of scammers thinking they can name change to stay hidden!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users