UGC Summer Splash Sweepstakes - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

UGC Summer Splash Sweepstakes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nilami

Nilami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

Many of you might be excited about the Ultimate Game Card sweepstakes, or would have gotten UGCs anyway and plan on using their redemption to enter the Summer Splash contest (and get those cute RO headgears!). But this is a warning for all you players entering.

Excerpts from the Terms and Conditions:

No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 14 years of age or older.
There are two (2) ways to enter during the Sweepstakes Period:

1) Purchase and activate an Ultimate Game Card: Purchase an Ultimate Game Card at a participating retailer. Then, activate the Ultimate Game Card on one of the participating online games and virtual worlds that accept the Ultimate Game Card as a form of payment to receive one (1) entry.

2) Mail-In: To receive one (1) entry without purchasing an Ultimate Game Card, send a stamped self-addressed card with a valid email address...
Limit one (1) entry per person per day, regardless of method of entry.

So just in case that wasn't clear, even IF you buy numerous UGCs (or have more than one to redeem), if you happen to redeem them all in the same day you will only be credited with one entry in the contest.

Sometimes I really wish we didn't have to "warn" the community about these kinds of underhanded marketing techniques. I really don't know how they can say a purchase doesn't increase your chances, either. Oh well.

Edited by Nilami, 03 June 2011 - 01:20 PM.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:20 PM

Thank you for the warning.

They do tend to be pretty sneaky about things, but bleh... People do need to learn to read the fine print. Good lesson in life.

#3 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:15 PM

Sometimes I really wish we didn't have to "warn" the community about these kinds of underhanded marketing techniques. I really don't know how they can say a purchase doesn't increase your chances, either. Oh well.

Most contests and sweepstakes put that disclaimer in their terms and conditions because the Reader's Digest sweepstakes used to use tactics that mislead elderly people. They sent out entry form after entry form to potential customers. Their mailings were full of lists of magazines they urged you to subscribe to. The wording implied that their odds of winning might go up if they bought subscriptions.

Basically they're saying a purchase won't give you an advantage over someone who enters without a purchase.

Edited by kisai, 03 June 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#4 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

Frankly the Sweepstakes is UGCs thing to add further value to their SUmmer promotion.

However WE the warpportal will be giving out prizes for every card redemption you do, no restriction on where you are from either.

I just want to make it clear that the sweepstakes is a seperate beast from our local promotion we are doing with these cards. If you win the sweepstakes that is fantastic but I'm not even looking at that part of this thing for adding value.

If you like the Lady Tanee Hat you WILL get as many as you redeem cards for, if you are playing our other WP games you will instead get the prizes for those games. You can only win by using the UGC cards through July as far as we are concerned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users