fresh mechanic wanna' be - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

fresh mechanic wanna' be

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zzgan

zzgan

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Locationunder kafrachan's skirt. :3
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkryie

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:04 AM

sup forums. a newbie to RO here. just started a novice and kinda aiming it to go mechanic sometime in the near future.

just want to ask what equips to work and save up for as i level up to mech. any weapon, armor, acc. ideas are well WELL appreciated. though i don't have any zeny atm, i do want to know how much zeny i'm gona' wish to have, so... leave any thoughts.

peace. :waddle:

#2 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:19 AM

Not so sure a Mechanic is a great first choice considering how Zeny-reliant they can be. What server are you on? As a Blacksmith and even as a Mastersmith your most powerful skills require you to spend zeny every time you use the skills.

If you're adamant about it though, try to get your hands on a Giant Axe, it's an amazing weapon.

#3 zzgan

zzgan

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

giant axe. whew. aryt got that listed. how bout' armor?

^on valkryie btw.

Edited by zzgan, 05 June 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

Giant Axe, Hurricane Fury, Pile Bunker / Brocca (to make a pile bunker) are all weapons you should keep an eye on.

Do not get a Doom Slayer. It is not worth it. For leveling until you trans or become a mech, just stick with the highest attack power axe you can find. It shouldn't be hard to find some.

"Armor" as a gear, is pretty meaningless other than the elemental armors, which aren't AS useful to a mech as they are to other classes and Valk Armor for MVPing/WoE. But, what armor is good for is the cards you can put in them. Basically to select an armor, browse the market and note different armors and their prices, make sure they're slotted. Purchase the highest defence/best stat one within a reasonable price range based on the money you have available. (hell, I even use slotted cotton shirts sometimes, it's not really a huge deal, so much as the card that's in it.)

As for the armor cards, there are really two main good ones for PVM:
Earth Deleter - This card should be ballin' cheap compared to its old price. You should snag one, especially for levels between 100 and 120 as a Mechanic using axe tornado. The Mado does not become good until you first level up your skills, while Axe Tornado is pretty much good right from the start. All in all, a good card.

Porcellio - This should be a 'default' card, especially for HSCR (I'm not sure if Earth Deleter even works with HSCR now)

Other than that, if you can find "elemental" armor cards pretty cheap, I would recommend you snag one of each. Pasana, Swordfish, Evil Druid, etc.

One important thing to note is, because other than Elemental and Valk armor, armor is just a holder for a card, keep in mind that cards are useful for many different classes. Therefore, don't necessarily get a Chain Mail for your Porcellio card, because then your archer alt (if you have one) can't use it. Earth Deleter would be a good choice for Chain Mail though, because only the melee classes (those that can equip Chain Mail) really have a use for an Earth Deleter card.

-----------------

Accessories:

Vesper Core 04

Medal of Honor (Merchant) - This is from Battlegrounds, you're not likely to ever see Battlegrounds running, so you will probably never get these.

The Sign - From a longass quest, look up The Sign Quest on irowiki for more info. It's an acceptable replacement for Medal of Honor, though not as good.

Kafra Blossom / Anolian Card - decent all around, especially if you have nothing better to wear or don't need damage/hit.

#5 zzgan

zzgan

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

^thank you. :waddle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users