Suggestion: Chat Channels - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Suggestion: Chat Channels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jessarug

Jessarug

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:renewal - chaos

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

Ragnarok Online is a game where one of the biggest aspects is the community. Let's face it, grinding monsters alone is boring. If a person is not in an active guild or parties, the game can really feel like it's dragging. My suggestion is chat channels, which are featured in games like World of Warcraft, RIFT, and so on.

Each map, like Town/Dungeon/Field/Etc would contain its own channel which is open to anyone who joins in on the map. Therefore, people can speak to other people and get to know them, outside of their guild. It would make leveling in maps more fun, engaging, less tedious, and bring the community together.

What does everyone think? A good idea? Any suggestions to add on to improve this idea?

#2 Xunolix

Xunolix

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

This is a phenomenal idea. It'd make leveling a lot more bearable, and people could even weed out the bots from the real players, which would make for a lot less accidental KSing.

#3 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSlagelse, Denmark
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:00 PM

mm the greatest problem iv had with the chat box in this game is the menu to switch what chat you write in "party/guild/public" insted of having a drop down menu to show up when clicking the button, i belive that 3 named buttons, (PA/G/PU) would be way easyer to use..
that said, id hate it if they change the freedom the chat box here have, i love that you can make new ones nad change their size and shape and decide whats goes in what... iv always got a seperate box that only shows exp gain and one that only show quest info xD
the second problem iv had with the chat is that it close the wisper boxes when you enter a new area... making it so it dosnt close on its own, would be a nice add ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users