Planned Defi build, some DNA questions - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Planned Defi build, some DNA questions

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 silentJ

silentJ

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Here is the build I've planned out after as much research as I could find (scattered posts, not many recent) :

Build

After some thought and comments about it in game from higher level defilers, I'm thinking of dropping DB for something else. Perhaps into bloody arrow or rake nail for added PvP single target damage, or perhaps into invisibility (though I have invis now at lvl 10 and hardly notice it helping).
The reason for dropping DB is because people have said i don't need the damage in PvE, and that the damage is low. Only positive I could find is the set damage, which would make it unresistable in PvP (I recall reading this in my researching). But the damage being so low, and unable to crit, I'm not sure it would matter.

As for DNA. The most recent builds I could find have the DNA's for VT and AoR as high as they can be (specifically the cooldown and cast time DNA's) while ignoring the lvl 60 AOE extension DNA's. But older build ignored all for VT but a single point into the AOE DNA.
Is it more useful to get the VT DNA's now than the extensions for the AOE's?
What would be some suggestions on DNA point distribution if so?
And also is there a viable way of spreading out the points to include all extension, strengthen AoR, and cooldown/other VT DNA's?

Any help would be great. I plan on a reset at 65 or so, and am currently 59.

#2 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

http://kruxena.com/s...0,0,0,7,0,6,6,3

http://kruxena.com/s...0,0,0,1,0,7,6,6

http://kruxena.com/s...0,0,0,0,0,2,2,6

choose ur destiny~

#3 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

:waddle: :waddle: :waddle:

#4 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

rise my minion, and give me all your carus on valdes as sacrifice.

#5 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

sent

#6 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Drop DB, max the nukes, don't get either of the -_-ty buffs.

Really should get max aoe duration aoes. or at least lvl 5 in each. Having almost constant aoes going is awesome in pvp and pve. Rest of the DNA is really up to you. Some max AoR and others invest more in VT. I preferred: 14 both aoes maxed, 10 in AoR and 1 in aoe VT.

#7 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

This is build i use and its good pve/pvp Bulid

#8 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

This is build i use and its good pve/pvp Bulid

i dont recommend some parts this build unless you have decent gear (a good solid build otherwise for pvp/pve - i use similar). The sacrifice of vamp touch for more fear is in my opinion, bad (for valdes server anyway). i use VT more often than shape of fear simply because fear is useless in battlefields because of its 1 target effect. defilers werent designed to chase after 1 person. IF you are in Hammerine, then Fear can be useful for stopping many classes from attacking you first, giving you ample time to trap and kill.
this build - DNA wise, is more damage intensive due to the points saved from VT aoe and speedier cast. but more damage is only useful if you can get enough HP or resist to last the cast time. More damage is also a gamble for mobs if you cant handle the aggro. THis is where VT can aid you.

#9 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:42 AM

i dont recommend some parts this build unless you have decent gear (a good solid build otherwise for pvp/pve - i use similar). The sacrifice of vamp touch for more fear is in my opinion, bad (for valdes server anyway). i use VT more often than shape of fear simply because fear is useless in battlefields because of its 1 target effect. defilers werent designed to chase after 1 person. IF you are in Hammerine, then Fear can be useful for stopping many classes from attacking you first, giving you ample time to trap and kill.
this build - DNA wise, is more damage intensive due to the points saved from VT aoe and speedier cast. but more damage is only useful if you can get enough HP or resist to last the cast time. More damage is also a gamble for mobs if you cant handle the aggro. THis is where VT can aid you.

for vamp touch u need more hp 5k+ if u got 3k is useless its better to deal huge dmg in short time than heal, even with max res u loose hp fast as defi, so for me more dps in short time is alot better huge dmg + big range effect u can even unstealth some assasins, on tb pb+rage+arrow of ruin and u can deal more than 10k dmg

#10 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

no defiler but this is wha i would go for probly

#11 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

for vamp touch u need more hp 5k+ if u got 3k is useless its better to deal huge dmg in short time than heal, even with max res u loose hp fast as defi, so for me more dps in short time is alot better huge dmg + big range effect u can even unstealth some assasins, on tb pb+rage+arrow of ruin and u can deal more than 10k dmg

hmm i suppose its true. before vt aoe came along i just focused on damage output as a lowly defi (see my sig). but now i do raids alot more so vt helps in some cases.

#12 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

hmm i suppose its true. before vt aoe came along i just focused on damage output as a lowly defi (see my sig). but now i do raids alot more so vt helps in some cases.

Yes with vt u can do some raids without heler

#13 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

no defiler but this is wha i would go for probly

waste of 8 pooints in VT. If u goin VT u always put 1 point in skill 10 in cast speed 10 in downtime and 5 in aoe, and u got likje 4 sec downtime, instant cast like 4-6 targets ( dont know how manny i was using arrow of ruin all the time)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users