Glitchy movement? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Glitchy movement?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SziFoo

SziFoo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

well i never play this game before but my friend told me so so i try it and it was fine until out of no where my movement started to glitch!
not lag! but glitchy! when i atk the monster it was fine ..everyone movement animation and everything was fine but when i walk its really weird..
my char would walk to the destinnation i wanted him to go to..but when i click some where else ..he doesnt move but 2 second later he appear to be at the spot
i click up,he walks up,i click down he still walks up then teleport down ! THIS IS GETTING ON MY NERVVVV!! help me please and i dont think im lagging becus
i play league of legend and combat arms and i dont lag when i play them

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

There are a few things that may be going on here; i'm having a hard time understanding your description, so not sure which applies.

1) You may be lagging in general. Does the lag happen all the time, without being hit by monsters? If the lag only happens when hit by monsters, see 2) below.

Movement in RO is very sensitive to lag (you will not start moving in RO without a round trip to the server).

Post a tracert ( start -> run -> cmd (start, type cmd in search in menu, if there's no run option), type tracert iro.ragnarokonline.com rightclick and choose mark after it's done, select it, and hit enter to copy, then paste it into forum normally.

Try using one of the approved gaming proxies (wtfast.com or lowerping.com) in trial mode to see if it improves performance significantly. I find that it makes a HUGE difference since Comcast in my area has started routing through AS6453's crap servers.

2) If you are hit while walking, your char will stop in the place you are hit, but sometimes, this will not be displayed, and your char will appear to have walked to the spot you clicked, while he's still standing next to the monster that hit him. It's not clear why this "pos bug" occurs - some people have reported improvements from tweaking network settings - but it happens, and always has. In the case of posbuging, 99% of the time, the monsters know where you are better than you do. So if somethings hitting you while you're not in it's range, you probably are and are just posbugged. Monsters _can_ become posbugged, but it's very rare.

As far as i'm concerned, dealing with pos bug is one element of skill in RO. Like, I know when i'm going to get posbugged doing something, and compensate by clicking multiple times on multiple cells, and don't even have to think about it. It's been this way since the beginning of RO, and is not going to be "fixed".

Oh, and moving to TS, because this is a tech support issue, not a bug report.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 June 2011 - 08:35 AM.

#3 SpidyFreakshow

SpidyFreakshow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:35 PM

2) If you are hit while walking, your char will stop in the place you are hit, but sometimes, this will not be displayed, and your char will appear to have walked to the spot you clicked, while he's still standing next to the monster that hit him.

i usually have the opposite problem, where something hits me and it looks like i stop, but i really just keep moving
then about a second later, i instantly move where im supposed to be. This is while using endure of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users