Transcending and 3rd class questions - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Transcending and 3rd class questions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 segaman098

segaman098

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

Ok so I thought the way to go was 1st class -> 2nd class -> High 1st -> High 2nd -> 3rd.

However I've read you can go to 3rd class after getting 99 on the 2nd class. What is the difference if you skip the trans class?

Also what happens to your skills if you 99 a trans and then go 3rd class.

Help is appreciated.

-A confused Aco.

#2 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:33 PM

You lose out on the 100 or so extra stat points, 30% hp and sp, and the skills that transcendent classes get. No third class skills require a trans skill as a pre-req either.

#3 Miuyin

Miuyin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:10 AM

You miss important spells like i.e. fullstrip if you playing a rogue or meteor assault if you are an assassin or assumptio if you are a priest etc.
If you want to play WOE/PVP then more maxhp is essential and haveing access to more statpoints make you either survive longer or deal more damage - so skipping transclass is really not recommended.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

However I've read you can go to 3rd class after getting 99 on the 2nd class. What is the difference if you skip the trans class?

Your charachter will be useless, and you'll have to make another one when you discover that you can't perform the role of your class effectively. The only reason you'd do this is if you were making a slave character for some purpose, and really weren't ever going to level it much.

Also what happens to your skills if you 99 a trans and then go 3rd class.

You keep the skills as third job, just like changing from first to second job.

#5 moses001

moses001

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

can both of these happen like the class order on the top and this one

1st class ----> 2nd class ----> 3rd class

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

can both of these happen like the class order on the top and this one

1st class ----> 2nd class ----> 3rd class

You can do:

1st class ----> 2nd class ----> 3rd class (lacking critical skills, unwelcome in parties and generally useless)

1st class ----> 2nd class --trans--> high 1st class ----> trans 2nd class ----> 3rd class (the right way to do it ;-) )

#7 Ularis

Ularis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUnder the shade of a Cherry Blossom
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

People find it time consuming to trans these days. They don't know how much they'll be missing and probably realize that once they're level 110-120 that leveling gets tougher.

If you skip transing because you think it takes forever to level then 3rd job really isn't for you. 119mil exp.

So why not enjoy the journey and make some friends?

AND TRANS :o

#8 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:10 AM

I am not sure about other class, but for me I have a knight class. If I don't trans then I will miss out on important skills such as Parry, Clashing Spiral, Aura Blade, Berserk, and Spear Dynamo. I think you also get an extra 25 stat points if you trans. So it's very important that you transcend if you are playing a knight class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users