A brief history of high-level Artisan. - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

A brief history of high-level Artisan.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

Here is the definition of Artisan from the official websites. Dealers that wish to further develop their craftsmanship can be promoted to Artisans. As Artisans, they can create rare items by learning various crafting skills. They can also create potions and items for themselves and others to aid in battles.

So, as you all know artisan is a class designed for crafting but not by any means of PvM or PvP character. We all agree with that.

I have a high-level artisan (200+) for at least 4 years, and finally I finished my full collection of all class characters, (Cleric/Mage/Bourgeois/Artisan/Knight/Champion/Raider/Scout). And I can say that playing an Artisan is the worst experience I've ever had, everyone who has a high level arti remember that the higher level you get, the worse you are due to the CON per level ratio, gameplay was much harder back then, blue craft didn't even exist, people are supposed to collect Otherworldly metal, lusian Capricorns stone to craft raven knuckle, white night gun, sparkle staff, living dead, reverse cannon and so on. And that's why I make my artisan for. High level artisan was some what good until the crafting update that happened 4 years ago which brings in Harden/Darken/Balance/Enchant/Reinforce/Endow and they drastically changed the recipe of gem cutting. And eventually, people figured out high level artisan tend to fail much more than low level artisan in terms of crafting success rate, so they give us those hammers which adds a lot of CON to make up for being high level, however it wasn't that enough, high level still gets a worse CON per level ratio than low level does.

I don't know like half year ago? They finally fix this CON per level ratio thing, where a high level will actually have better performance in terms of crafting success and crafting stats, things seem change better and better, but other things change too as time goes by.

Now, comes to the point of this thread, as you know item mall is essential for the game to run and stuff, we all know what item mall is and what it does, so I'm not gonna go into details. But here is an issue that I want to talk about, we have and still have Darkening/Hardening/Balancing/Enchanting/Reinforcing/Endowing bla bla bla...but none of them seem useful... :sigh:

Darkening/Hardening/Balancing/Enchanting - for low level range, you can use the crap uniques and we have raids host in the Oblivion Temple 2 years ago? And the new uniques (it was damn serious so overpowered back then) flooded the whole universe, then we have Union weapon which has obviously higher base AP than blue craft, finally now we have Epics for high level ranges which is so so so higher base AP than blue craft. So from the life span of Lv.1 to Lv.220, you don't really have to go for blue craft but use these uniques and epics as replacement, most of them are better in every way. :(

Reinforcing/Endowing - it was cool to have these because it was such a good tool to HP glitch your character right? over these pass few years, it's all about inflating and shuffling the stats, remember today it is all about Union gear because the GM still has not introduced the so called set bonus stat to other gears, only Union gear has that now. I wouldn't be surprised if one day where those clan wars are back and Brave armor is gonna be so so so overpowered and that everyone has to have a set just to milk their characters even more. But who still gives a ^^ about reinforcing/endowing? may be a HP buff sets. Oh, not to mention we now have re-roll hammers. :D :P :D

Alchemy craft - Cool! With buff potions we can have buffs without having to beg clerics to buff you, IM booster used to be a replacement of buff potions because they were pretty similar to buff potions good thing is they cannot be debuffed by candle ghost and it's free of charge (zulies) if you pay real $$$. But as I said things change, now these buff potions are in no way to compete with IM boosters. So the only good thing left here is bullet/cannon/arrow and concussion grenades which is only useful for dealer class itself, let's not discuss about nerfing concussion grenades, something really horrible will happen if we insist on nerfing concussion grenades. So be my guest, stop >.<

PAT craft - the carts were good to have in the past, but again things change and eventually IM cart parts yield the best mspeed by a lot. Castle gear, hm...not even useful anymore.

Gem cutting - I don't really need to talk about it, we have a huge thread debating buffsets stay/go issue which gets locked up eventually, so everyone needs gem but with the current system, where you can retrieve gems from drill, and like a year ago it was finally find out that the massive grade 3 gems dropped by snapper brute in wasteland path was actually a "bug", gem market price was suffering till the "bug" gets fixed. Now, again another wave of massive grade 2 gems flooded the market. Anyways, gems existed for too long and no one really needs them, they have them in their lava/sea/typhoon/cliff looooooong ago. Besides S7 for crafters and T7 for clerics, G7/E7/R7/B7 are all useless because we have enchanted stones from item mall which is actually a better choice if you need dual stat, and they only cost you like 500K to 1m? Who want to waste chemicals to craft G7/E7/R7/B7? :D

Accessory craft - yay finally some low demand products which is not spoiled by item mall (yet). This is the jewelery craft by the way, the lava/sea/cliff/typhoon, which isn't really a good thing to do, when you have grade 7 gems to put in it. Oh, but you remember this skill is not artisan exclusive, it is actually a dealer skills which can be learn by Bourgeois also. :D

Face item craft - lol I don't know, I don't have the patience to collect the periodic materials from time to time (where the GM mass drop this mats for this month and mass drop this mats for that month). We have stat shuffling game happened to our masks by the way, some gets better some gets worse. Over these past years, it's always about in-game mask/item mall mask/oblivion temple mask taking turns to become overpowered, boring cycle. Now, we have few complainers recently complain about how the re-roll hammers not functioning and dumped a lot of money and stuff. Who cares about face item craft when you can have much better total stat on item mall mask. Again ! It's a dealer skill not exclusive Artisan. :(

Subitem craft - same fate as other crafts, subitem craft/item mall back items are taking turns over the years to become better than each other, take a look at the shop which is selling these back items, they are pretty godly stat but their price isn't so much, because the good stat items are saturated in the market. I am thinking we probably get better and better back items from quest instead of crafting because they need to make their orlo quest entertaining right? :)

I just feel like I make a 200+ artisan for at least 4 years, it didn't really help me a lot and it didn't entertain me either (Artisan was never good at PvM/PvP). Now, it's like the dark age of Artisan, what are we going to do with this class? If you don't get me, I'll just say it. I mean right now the role of Artisan (crafting) conflict with item mall and the ongoing game content completely, so to the development team are you sure you still want to keep Artisan as a crafting class? :(

#2 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Good well thought out post, read the whole thing...

Only thing artisians are good for crafting is gems, hardening weapons, and reinforcing armor...

thats it; thats all.

#3 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

Darkening/Hardening/Balancing/Enchanting - for low level range, you can use the crap uniques and we have raids host in the Oblivion Temple 2 years ago? And the new uniques (it was damn serious so overpowered back then) flooded the whole universe, then we have Union weapon which has obviously higher base AP than blue craft, finally now we have Epics for high level ranges which is so so so higher base AP than blue craft. So from the life span of Lv.1 to Lv.220, you don't really have to go for blue craft but use these uniques and epics as replacement, most of them are better in every way. :D

Reinforcing/Endowing - it was cool to have these because it was such a good tool to HP glitch your character right? over these pass few years, it's all about inflating and shuffling the stats, remember today it is all about Union gear because the GM still has not introduced the so called set bonus stat to other gears, only Union gear has that now. I wouldn't be surprised if one day where those clan wars are back and Brave armor is gonna be so so so overpowered and that everyone has to have a set just to milk their characters even more. But who still gives a ^^ about reinforcing/endowing? may be a HP buff sets. Oh, not to mention we now have re-roll hammers. :D :D :P

Absolutely useless points to waste. 1 person every month asks for hardening...ZERO money in it.

Alchemy craft - Cool! With buff potions we can have buffs without having to beg clerics to buff you, IM booster used to be a replacement of buff potions because they were pretty similar to buff potions good thing is they cannot be debuffed by candle ghost and it's free of charge (zulies) if you pay real $$$. But as I said things change, now these buff potions are in no way to compete with IM boosters. So the only good thing left here is bullet/cannon/arrow and concussion grenades which is only useful for dealer class itself, let's not discuss about nerfing concussion grenades, something really horrible will happen if we insist on nerfing concussion grenades. So be my guest, stop >.<

Ever tried to craft Potions? Give me a frigging break...it takes HOURS just to craft one stack. It's the dumbest, most mind numbing and idiotic thing a crafter has to do. It needs to be changed...it's absolutely horrific to have to do potions.

PAT craft - the carts were good to have in the past, but again things change and eventually IM cart parts yield the best mspeed by a lot. Castle gear, hm...not even useful anymore.

Total agreement...the item mall trumps all. At some point they're going to get rid of hunting, get rid of crafting and we'll all just buy all our gear from the item mall...it's slowly slipping to that... Almost everything in the game has some sort of link to the damn item mall now. It's so out of control it makes me want to cry. [b] I hate to say that I told people so but I FRICKING TOLD PEOPLE 4 YEARS AGO WHEN THE ITEM MALL FIASCO STARTED THAT WE'D BE AT THIS POINT...i'm not kidding...my quote from when the p2p ended was "LadyPsyber: at some point the item mall is going to rule the game so much that we won't have much left to do in the game other than just buy all our gear from the item mall". HOHO look where we are now....

Gem cutting - I don't really need to talk about it, we have a huge thread debating buffsets stay/go issue which gets locked up eventually, so everyone needs gem but with the current system, where you can retrieve gems from drill, and like a year ago it was finally find out that the massive grade 3 gems dropped by snapper brute in wasteland path was actually a "bug", gem market price was suffering till the "bug" gets fixed. Now, again another wave of massive grade 2 gems flooded the market. Anyways, gems existed for too long and no one really needs them, they have them in their lava/sea/typhoon/cliff looooooong ago. Besides S7 for crafters and T7 for clerics, G7/E7/R7/B7 are all useless because we have enchanted stones from item mall which is actually a better choice if you need dual stat, and they only cost you like 500K to 1m? Who want to waste chemicals to craft G7/E7/R7/B7? :sigh:

I've tried working with the gm team to fix a major failure problem with r7/g7/e7/s7/po7/p7. They fail too much going to 6 and 7. Often you LOSE money by failing 2 7s while trying to craft 4 or 6 gems even with perfect CON. My ticket MAGICALLY disappeared and I honestly don't have the energy to keep trying to fix our broken game.

Accessory craft - yay finally some low demand products which is not spoiled by item mall (yet). This is the jewelery craft by the way, the lava/sea/cliff/typhoon, which isn't really a good thing to do, when you have grade 7 gems to put in it. Oh, but you remember this skill is not artisan exclusive, it is actually a dealer skills which can be learn by Bourgeois also. :)

Yes, since at least half the players in the game quit in the last 4 months, the demand for such items has plummeted. You used to be able to sell out a store full of jewelry in a day or 2. Now you have a ton left in a week.

Face item craft - lol I don't know, I don't have the patience to collect the periodic materials from time to time (where the GM mass drop this mats for this month and mass drop this mats for that month). We have stat shuffling game happened to our masks by the way, some gets better some gets worse. Over these past years, it's always about in-game mask/item mall mask/oblivion temple mask taking turns to become overpowered, boring cycle. Now, we have few complainers recently complain about how the re-roll hammers not functioning and dumped a lot of money and stuff. Who cares about face item craft when you can have much better total stat on item mall mask. Again ! It's a dealer skill not exclusive Artisan. :(

There is money in this...IF you can get the mats. Seeing as hardly anyone farms anymore...goood frigging luck getting those mats necessary for mass crafts.

Subitem craft - same fate as other crafts, subitem craft/item mall back items are taking turns over the years to become better than each other, take a look at the shop which is selling these back items, they are pretty godly stat but their price isn't so much, because the good stat items are saturated in the market. I am thinking we probably get better and better back items from quest instead of crafting because they need to make their orlo quest entertaining right? :(

Good luck getting the mats. Good luck selling them to all the ghosts of players past.

I just feel like I make a 200+ artisan for at least 4 years, it didn't really help me a lot and it didn't entertain me either (Artisan was never good at PvM/PvP). Now, it's like the dark age of Artisan, what are we going to do with this class? If you don't get me, I'll just say it. I mean right now the role of Artisan (crafting) conflict with item mall and the ongoing game content completely, so to the development team are you sure you still want to keep Artisan as a crafting class? :(

Other than some fun with a battle artisan(i'm waiting for the nerf that takes that away too) there pretty much isn't anything decent to do or reason for an Artisan. Lets face it...it's a joke job...people laugh at you when you ask for a party while leveling with your cruddy attack skills/lack of AOE.

#4 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

Ever tried to craft Potions? Give me a frigging break...it takes HOURS just to craft one stack. It's the dumbest, most mind numbing and idiotic thing a crafter has to do. It needs to be changed...it's absolutely horrific to have to do potions.

tbh...

When I had an artisian that was the only thing I actually enjoyed doing... If they made crafting buffpots easier the amount of zullie they sell for would drop drastically; as it stands now you buy 1 dirty for 2k (give or take) you get 2-3 buffpots per; witch sell for 10-40k each...

Mind numbing thing to do? yes.. Profitable? INSAINE profit! you could sell the buffpots for 2k each and STILL make profit...

But isn't farming mind numbing? Isn't power leveling mindnumbing? Anything worth while in this game is a pain in the arse to do.

Edited by CaNehDa, 06 June 2011 - 09:49 PM.

#5 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:58 PM

tbh...

When I had an artisian that was the only thing I actually enjoyed doing... If they made crafting buffpots easier the amount of zullie they sell for would drop drastically; as it stands now you buy 1 dirty for 2k (give or take) you get 2-3 buffpots per; witch sell for 10-40k each...

Mind numbing thing to do? yes.. Profitable? INSAINE profit! you could sell the buffpots for 2k each and STILL make profit...

But isn't farming mind numbing? Isn't power leveling mindnumbing? Anything worth while in this game is a pain in the arse to do.

They're not 2k on leonis...try 8-10k now. Still good profit but you get brain damaged by doing it. :D

#6 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

They're not 2k on leonis...try 8-10k now. Still good profit but you get brain damaged by doing it. :D

set it up so that your only constantly clicking in one spot, watch a movie- click while u watch movie :D (laptop touchpad works best, that way you don't accedently move the mouse lol...)

Edited by CaNehDa, 06 June 2011 - 11:31 PM.

#7 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:40 AM

Artisans were cool, even after the introduction of Item Mall and Hard\Dark etc weapons\gear.

When gem 7s were actually hard to obtain and a D7 was like...190m the whole economy used to work a lot better, there were shops in Eucar and Xita too and not just Junon, people actually spent hours farming prison\marsh to collect those rare mats like ometals, mercury, hearts, crystals...

Us gem sellers would buy chemicals for 40-60k and gem 7s were 100-200m each. Now they (cuz im done gem crafting for now) buy chemicals 45k to sell most of their gems for 40-50m and a d7 for 85m...it's a joke...I wouldn't waste a single second crafting gems to obtain such a low profit.

Weapons market was perfect...I literally mean perfect, artisans were gods back then when without one you really couldn't get the best gear\weapons. You needed a lot of high dura armors in order to try and make a (8) or a (9) eventually, you needed a full storage of 90-100 dura weapons before even thinking of trying to make 1 (8) or (9). And artisans really had a good time.

Now you don't break anything, 1 weapon and 1 set of gear and you're done, grab a bunch of Plutos and Venus and keep clicling on "Begin" until its (15).

I really wish we'd go back to when items could break after (5)...and you didn't need Plutos or Venus to get a (8) or a (9) but just hard work, time and patience to collect a good amount of items and then mass refining them.

Having a full (8) set was awesome back then, it really gave the feeling of satisfaction, of strenght, it made us feel rewarded and it was a real achievement.

I said this in another post. When, back then, someone knew you had (8)s or (9)s you were respected, people would say "wow dude its amazing". Now if they ask you whats ur gear and you say "full (15)s" they say "how many plutos did it take?"...

There's no challenge left in this game, no accomplishments, no feeling compensation for the efforts you put on obtaining the best gear...

I don't know if ROSE would have lived as a p2p game, but it sure was a better, way better game back then.

#8 Keion

Keion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:06 AM

My first class at iRose was Dealer, going to be a Artisan... And i have been crafting for years... The only thing that made me play Rose for years was the crafting and vending system... It was so much fun, collecting materials, crafting, selling, dealing, helping players... It was so gratifying to set a shop, go to sleep, and when you wake up, you see your shop empty...

I always crafted not only thinking about profit... I used to had shop for high and low levels... As my girlfriend, Natchan... She used to sell wings with amazing stats... Made a lot of zullie, only crafting and selling... But what she really liked was her low level wings shops! Everyday she crafted about 2 or 3 full shops of low level wings, and used to set her shop at Junon Gate... I could see a smile on her face, everyday when she wake up!
-"I need craft more! My shop is almost empty ^_^"

I think almost my entire clan (TheMall) used to think this way... Crafting for Fun! We was about 10 person, all crazy about crafting! We used to set shops everywhere! Every kind of stuff! Now you barely see any of us walking at Junon... Update by update, things got worst and worst to artisans...

I remember that I made a thread like this about one or two years ago... In that time, problem wasnt Item Mall, but Unique Weapons and Unique Masks, if I remember correctly... I was here when Superboss flooded market with gems too... I always been against this kind of stuff, but what i heard in that time? "Nothing will change, the market will adjust with this" or "You are just saying it because you will lose profit" and so on...

I would be happy if I could only lose zullies... But hey! I still have my zullies, but no reason and motivation to craft anymore...

#9 SilverBlood

SilverBlood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationAtlantis
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

Some good points you've summed up there Deoxys, +1

Like...Why not make re-roll hammers artisan only, derp.
Or just remove them. They pretty much backstabbed sen-arti's in their sleep >.<

(Artisan was never good at PvM/PvP)

Hmm...Some say it's quite fun to play a pvp artisan atm ? Haven't tested it myself tho, but it does look FUN when a sertain arti in UW * kugh * KissMyBullets * kugh * spam nades me to sleep and then hits straight tru my dodge like an aimbot xD.

#10 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Hmm...Some say it's quite fun to play a pvp artisan atm ? Haven't tested it myself tho, but it does look FUN when a sertain arti in UW * kugh * KissMyBullets * kugh * spam nades me to sleep and then hits straight tru my dodge like an aimbot xD.

Oh ... no wonder I typed "was" never good in PvP/PvM intuitively ! ok, I guess they are pretty strong now, but let's face it ! This whole crafting tab and artisan crafting tab are so useless now. Like someone said earlier you just aim for the 100 dura harden then pluto pluto venu venu. There is no constant artisan crafts demand, some are not even needed because we have excess 100 dura unique floating around.

#11 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

Des is always good with the Rose history lessons. Crafting is pretty unimpressive right now, and it's going to stay that way until crafted items gain some desirability again.

And as for Albe, I couldn't agree more.

#12 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

Albe pretty much said what I wanted to say, +1

#13 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

Yes, since at least half the players in the game quit in the last 4 months, the demand for such items has plummeted.

There is money in this...IF you can get the mats. Seeing as hardly anyone farms anymore...goood frigging luck getting those mats necessary for mass crafts.

Good luck getting the mats. Good luck selling them to all the ghosts of players past.

sounds like a fun game lol, artisans really have been f***ed, so now allegedly at least half the players have left. Funny what happens to the number of players during finals week(s). If I was an artisan in rose, there would be a bullet through my head and a suicide note.

#14 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:37 PM

lol have you guys wondered about what those empty slots in item mall hawker/muse/dealer/soldier weapon tab going to be? I know one thing for sure is that it's going to hurt Artisan even more. :D

#15 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

shortly... good old day! the gameplay is much more balanced and the 3 channels always with "exceeded" status....
i miss irose very very much... that's what attracted me to this NAROSE again....

#16 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:42 AM

Artisan is really more of a tool instead of a class. Nice to have one but not necessary by any means. They have had brief moments in Rose history where they showed us a little love and tried to get us to be more useful via our totally OP bombs but lets face it, we suck overall as a class and if you don't really invest time,money and effort into us, we can be a huge money pit.

Edited by Cracker, 08 June 2011 - 04:44 AM.

#17 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

Artisan is really more of a tool instead of a class. Nice to have one but not necessary by any means. They have had brief moments in Rose history where they showed us a little love and tried to get us to be more useful via our totally OP bombs but lets face it, we suck overall as a class and if you don't really invest time,money and effort into us, we can be a huge money pit.

A huge money pit with no real viable way to repay the investment. If we weren't ingame rich my bf would be putting his foot through one of his lcd's.

#18 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

Do what everyone else has done..quit crafting and turn them into battle artisans...thier quite fun.

#19 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

Do what everyone else has done..quit crafting and turn them into battle artisans...thier quite fun.

+1... Might have a go at this myself. I hear a lot of good things about them.

Artisans are still good for crafting jewelry. That's really all I use mine for or if a friend asks me to make them something. I would say my 220 Artisan makes me around 15-20m a day + The occasional max statted, high priced jewels. For that I am content with my 220 Artisan, although I would prefer more and better ways to make the Z's as it was a very grueling task to make it to LVL 220 as an Artisan. It was honestly the worst process getting to 220 than any character job type I've tried to level.

Artisan makes me money, not a lot, but enough for me to be content with. You can make an acceptable amount of Z's if you use your artisan right. I could make much more if I actually put in the effort, but I would rather not do that.

#20 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

There's no challenge left in this game, no accomplishments, no feeling compensation for the efforts you put on obtaining the best gear...

The definition of Rose pretty much right now. Everyone obtaining 15's in a matter of hours, farming no longer being worth wild, nothing has value.

#21 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

The definition of Rose pretty much right now. Everyone obtaining 15's in a matter of hours, farming no longer being worth wild, nothing has value.

Obtaining +15 in a matter of hours? your kidding...

#22 BigBoss

BigBoss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOuter Heaven

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:27 AM

Their used to be a time when an artisan meant something in this game an entire community could be at an artisans heels requesting a craft but those days are long gone it seems. It is sad to see this class slowly fail. People like RAMBO and fishnet used to be awesome crafters for me years ago sad to see it fall apart. Jagz and some others have tried to keep it going but the artisan class is a shadow of what it once was.

#23 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

Here is the definition of Artisan from the official websites. Dealers that wish to further develop their craftsmanship can be promoted to Artisans. As Artisans, they can create rare items by learning various crafting skills. They can also create potions and items for themselves and others to aid in battles.

So, as you all know artisan is a class designed for crafting but not by any means of PvM or PvP character. We all agree with that.

I have a high-level artisan (200+) for at least 4 years, and finally I finished my full collection of all class characters, (Cleric/Mage/Bourgeois/Artisan/Knight/Champion/Raider/Scout). And I can say that playing an Artisan is the worst experience I've ever had, everyone who has a high level arti remember that the higher level you get, the worse you are due to the CON per level ratio, gameplay was much harder back then, blue craft didn't even exist, people are supposed to collect Otherworldly metal, lusian Capricorns stone to craft raven knuckle, white night gun, sparkle staff, living dead, reverse cannon and so on. And that's why I make my artisan for. High level artisan was some what good until the crafting update that happened 4 years ago which brings in Harden/Darken/Balance/Enchant/Reinforce/Endow and they drastically changed the recipe of gem cutting. And eventually, people figured out high level artisan tend to fail much more than low level artisan in terms of crafting success rate, so they give us those hammers which adds a lot of CON to make up for being high level, however it wasn't that enough, high level still gets a worse CON per level ratio than low level does.

I don't know like half year ago? They finally fix this CON per level ratio thing, where a high level will actually have better performance in terms of crafting success and crafting stats, things seem change better and better, but other things change too as time goes by.

Now, comes to the point of this thread, as you know item mall is essential for the game to run and stuff, we all know what item mall is and what it does, so I'm not gonna go into details. But here is an issue that I want to talk about, we have and still have Darkening/Hardening/Balancing/Enchanting/Reinforcing/Endowing bla bla bla...but none of them seem useful... :angry:

Darkening/Hardening/Balancing/Enchanting - for low level range, you can use the crap uniques and we have raids host in the Oblivion Temple 2 years ago? And the new uniques (it was damn serious so overpowered back then) flooded the whole universe, then we have Union weapon which has obviously higher base AP than blue craft, finally now we have Epics for high level ranges which is so so so higher base AP than blue craft. So from the life span of Lv.1 to Lv.220, you don't really have to go for blue craft but use these uniques and epics as replacement, most of them are better in every way. :angry:

Reinforcing/Endowing - it was cool to have these because it was such a good tool to HP glitch your character right? over these pass few years, it's all about inflating and shuffling the stats, remember today it is all about Union gear because the GM still has not introduced the so called set bonus stat to other gears, only Union gear has that now. I wouldn't be surprised if one day where those clan wars are back and Brave armor is gonna be so so so overpowered and that everyone has to have a set just to milk their characters even more. But who still gives a ^^ about reinforcing/endowing? may be a HP buff sets. Oh, not to mention we now have re-roll hammers. :o :) :D

Gem cutting - I don't really need to talk about it, we have a huge thread debating buffsets stay/go issue which gets locked up eventually, so everyone needs gem but with the current system, where you can retrieve gems from drill, and like a year ago it was finally find out that the massive grade 3 gems dropped by snapper brute in wasteland path was actually a "bug", gem market price was suffering till the "bug" gets fixed. Now, again another wave of massive grade 2 gems flooded the market. Anyways, gems existed for too long and no one really needs them, they have them in their lava/sea/typhoon/cliff looooooong ago. Besides S7 for crafters and T7 for clerics, G7/E7/R7/B7 are all useless because we have enchanted stones from item mall which is actually a better choice if you need dual stat, and they only cost you like 500K to 1m? Who want to waste chemicals to craft G7/E7/R7/B7? :D

Accessory craft - yay finally some low demand products which is not spoiled by item mall (yet). This is the jewelery craft by the way, the lava/sea/cliff/typhoon, which isn't really a good thing to do, when you have grade 7 gems to put in it. Oh, but you remember this skill is not artisan exclusive, it is actually a dealer skills which can be learn by Bourgeois also. -_-

Face item craft - lol I don't know, I don't have the patience to collect the periodic materials from time to time (where the GM mass drop this mats for this month and mass drop this mats for that month). We have stat shuffling game happened to our masks by the way, some gets better some gets worse. Over these past years, it's always about in-game mask/item mall mask/oblivion temple mask taking turns to become overpowered, boring cycle. Now, we have few complainers recently complain about how the re-roll hammers not functioning and dumped a lot of money and stuff. Who cares about face item craft when you can have much better total stat on item mall mask. Again ! It's a dealer skill not exclusive Artisan. :o

Subitem craft - same fate as other crafts, subitem craft/item mall back items are taking turns over the years to become better than each other, take a look at the shop which is selling these back items, they are pretty godly stat but their price isn't so much, because the good stat items are saturated in the market. I am thinking we probably get better and better back items from quest instead of crafting because they need to make their orlo quest entertaining right? -_-

I just feel like I make a 200+ artisan for at least 4 years, it didn't really help me a lot and it didn't entertain me either (Artisan was never good at PvM/PvP). Now, it's like the dark age of Artisan, what are we going to do with this class? If you don't get me, I'll just say it. I mean right now the role of Artisan (crafting) conflict with item mall and the ongoing game content completely, so to the development team are you sure you still want to keep Artisan as a crafting class? :D

Awsome post i agree 100% with EVERYTHING

Obtaining +15 in a matter of hours? your kidding...

tbh.. if u have access to the IM u could literally get 15's in a matter of hours, yes.
(When i say access to the IM i mean that u could buy ur own pluto/vena.)

Edited by twitch, 11 June 2011 - 09:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users