Clarification of the rules. - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Clarification of the rules.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 KandiSwirl

KandiSwirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis ;]

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

How is it an 'unfair advantage against other players' when anyone is capable of downloading a macro / autoclicker? :o

#27 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

How is it an 'unfair advantage against other players' when anyone is capable of downloading a macro / autoclicker? :o

+1 lol

#28 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

Well with this kind of logic: anyone can also be capable of using doping drugs to be better in sports IRL
Yet don't you think doping is bad/unfair?

#29 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

Downloading such freeware usually ends up with you getting viral material or trojans.

The end of the story is, "If you're not only clicking your inventory with it, don't do it."

#30 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:52 PM

I agree with the most recent posts just prior to this one that were made by Bendersmom, Logi, KandiSwirl, CaNehDa, Niluje, AND Rukario. I also think that Genesis did a good job explaining what is/isn't allowed as far as macros vs. bots. I can't "plus" anyone yet, so I have to make a reply, which often I am too lazy to do (post count is not of importance to me) :D.
I could swear it has been 24 hours since I last gave a "positive vote" lol but it still won't let me. Guess I'll have to start rationing them, and find out just how many a day I'm allowed before I go "Yes, yes, I like that!" and remember that the forums are NOT Facebook :o !

#31 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

A Macro is something you can hit, such as a hotkey, in order to either hit multiple things at one time or something you can use as a turbo trigger, such as an auto-clicking program instead of having to waste your time and wear yourself out while at the computer to do one certain task. Those such things are allowed.

A "Macro" that does two or more things, such as hitting F1, then F2, and maybe then hitting F3... is a bot.

Only use Macros in the use of usable items or certain one-click or double-click functions such as opening boxes or using Dirty Items.

Edited by Rukario, 10 June 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#32 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

Downloading such freeware usually ends up with you getting viral material or trojans.

The end of the story is, "If you're not only clicking your inventory with it, don't do it."

Don't be cheap and buy a proper macro program... There really are no good free ones anyway...

#33 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:12 AM

I fail to understand why so many people are so keen in getting programs to do their work for them. I can understand that in some cases it may be a bit annoying to, for example, open alot of Sikuku Underground Prison boxes but it's not like you'll die doing it without a program?
Maybe it would be better to just stay away from the macro/autoclick etc programs. You risk alot because you might have interpreted Genesis' post wrong and then soon people will start crying because their accounts got suspended.

The youth of today, always in a hurry..

#34 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

for somereason my mouse autoclick the (-) on every canedah post daily...

#35 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Well with this kind of logic: anyone can also be capable of using doping drugs to be better in sports IRL
Yet don't you think doping is bad/unfair?

That is not a good comparison at all. This statement entirely lacks logic.

I fail to understand why so many people are so keen in getting programs to do their work for them. I can understand that in some cases it may be a bit annoying to, for example, open alot of Sikuku Underground Prison boxes but it's not like you'll die doing it without a program?
Maybe it would be better to just stay away from the macro/autoclick etc programs. You risk alot because you might have interpreted Genesis' post wrong and then soon people will start crying because their accounts got suspended.

The youth of today, always in a hurry..

There can be a lot of reasons for this. I could go on and on, but I don't feel like rambling.

I look at the legal use of an autoclicker a blessing, not as much for me, but mostly for a large population of Rose. Take for example a few popular bulk potion crafters in Leonis. These people provide near 24/7 supply of well priced potions. If you want potions you know where to get them and for a good price. Most of them aren't benefiting much from their sales, they are doing it mostly for the community, and for that I consider these people a asset to the game. Might I add it is still simple to make and sell your own pots for a better price and make a decent profit.

I spoke to someone who has used an autoclicker for around 4-5 years doing just that, crafting pots and other various crafts. They've never been questioned once or suspended for their use of an autoclicker. If these kind of people who love the game were to find out AC/Macro's are no longer allowed, there would be less helpful items around main cities, and less well known helpful players playing the game. Without them I don't think Rose would be the same. The game would be lacking, if we all had to go through the tedious task of creating certain items one by one. That is just my opinion, though. I'm sure there are many out there who could care less and definitely disagree.

No we wouldn't die, but clicking so often and staring into a computer screen for long periods of time is unhealthy for anybody. We pretty much do that enough with Rose in general. Why punish ourselves in a game where we are not only allowed to use an autoclicker for crafting, but most importantly what is the point of doing something incredibly agitating to get a small-large number of items made? Are we playing this game to have fun or to torture ourselves...

The "Youth" generally don't last using an autoclicker for crafts from what I noticed. I've seen it many times before, where they begin making large numbers of items, and after awhile they reach a point where they don't even want to use an autoclicker for making their crafts. A lot of it is due to the fact that using an autoclicker doesn't really give much of a time/speed advantage over any regular crafter, it still takes around the same amount of time as it does to do it yourself. It just takes work off their hands is all.

Edited by PoopsMcgee, 11 June 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#36 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

That is not a good comparison at all. This statement entirely lacks logic.

Which is exactly why it is a good comparison

... since there wasn't any logic in her post to begin with

#37 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:25 AM

Actually the whole macro thing was what made me create and post http://forums.roseon...posts=8&start=1 (ancient thread)

#38 BertTheAddict

BertTheAddict

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:03 AM

Actually the whole macro thing was what made me create and post http://forums.roseon...posts=8&start=1 (ancient thread)

Kind of funny I actually posted in that thread..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users