Since unifam and others Ygg says they are "cheap and common" - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

Since unifam and others Ygg says they are "cheap and common"

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

If we can summon those hard mvps that where needed to make a quest to enter in to the mvp lair, why no gms add these MINI mvps for summoning?

#2 brokenguy

brokenguy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

Because those are not MVP, they are dubbed as mini boss from player but it isn't. It is just a monster with boss tag.

#3 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

Because those are not MVP, they are dubbed as mini boss from player but it isn't. It is just a monster with boss tag.

you know that summoner was made becouse this monsters are OVER-CAMPED? since a big number of players are adults already, we cant afford the same time as before, and we cant wast it by waiting a monster that never will be able to kill, becouse tooooooo many people camp it

#4 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:35 AM

Did those not become insta-spawn in renewal? I noticed some minis respawn instantly, not sure if that applied to all of them.

#5 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:41 AM

Why not better add Gr and DR as rewards for the eden group? Like, kill 15 spores then get your GR.

#6 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Did those not become insta-spawn in renewal? I noticed some minis respawn instantly, not sure if that applied to all of them.

Nah, but i think this i actually a very good idea, i mean if ther eis a MvP summoner why not mini mvp? So we can hunt them for cards/drops, considering the mvp drops are just lame now, everyone are hunting them for the cards, nothing else.
It seem to be a good idea for me.

Edited by FiskBlack, 13 June 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

you know that summoner was made becouse this monsters are OVER-CAMPED? since a big number of players are adults already, we cant afford the same time as before, and we cant wast it by waiting a monster that never will be able to kill, becouse tooooooo many people camp it

As much as you say this is the intent, you actually have to have the MVP's unique loot for most MVPs to be summoned, meaning you have to beat the real one in the wild first.

#8 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

As much as you say this is the intent, you actually have to have the MVP's unique loot for most MVPs to be summoned, meaning you have to beat the real one in the wild first.

Well that actually sucks much, mean this "event" was made just for camping and mvp killers? Noting else?
Yeah i think about that and the system should change and be more friendly for those small guilds, i mean what is the point doing a event if it will just benefit a small amount of players?
What about 1 MvP per day, you chose and free for all? You cant bot or camp, so i think that can be good!

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:08 AM

I am not sure what the point of an MVP summoner is other than to artificially introduce more mvp loot/cards into the economy and help power level MVP soloers, to be honest. Its not hard to get the MVP experience in the wild if you have a convex mirror.

#10 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

I am not sure what the point of an MVP summoner is other than to artificially introduce more mvp loot/cards into the economy and help power level MVP soloers, to be honest. Its not hard to get the MVP experience in the wild if you have a convex mirror.

Actually, if you are in Valk is almost impossible hunt a MvP even with a party, most of the MvP's are being killed every time they respawn or boted (what da fack?!) so i think this should be for the players that actually cant kill the mvp's cause they are over-killed.
Unless you 1 shot the mvps with a 150 sura you wont able to get the mvp in game, so MvP summoner can be good idea to fixing that.

#11 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

honestly, I do not support this. MVPs are hard to kill compared to mini-boss. and if this happens, the server will be flooded by these mini-boss cards hence not making them rare anymore.
also, it removes the essence of "hunting" and its nice to know that convex mirrors are unusable to these.

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Actually, if you are in Valk is almost impossible hunt a MvP even with a party, most of the MvP's are being killed every time they respawn or boted (what da fack?!) so i think this should be for the players that actually cant kill the mvp's cause they are over-killed.
Unless you 1 shot the mvps with a 150 sura you wont able to get the mvp in game, so MvP summoner can be good idea to fixing that.

Not sure if you've ever used a convex mirror but if you do, it will tell you exactly when the mvp will spawn, then show you were it is. so you have equal chance to get to the mvp as everyone else. If you can't beat the competition I am not sure why you feel entitled to the rewards. Reminds me of giving trophies to the losing team in kids baseball.

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Not sure if you've ever used a convex mirror but if you do, it will tell you exactly when the mvp will spawn, then show you were it is. so you have equal chance to get to the mvp as everyone else. If you can't beat the competition I am not sure why you feel entitled to the rewards. Reminds me of giving trophies to the losing team in kids baseball.

Apparently there are some players who 'cheat' their way to the MVP by making it so they can Fwing rapidly until they see the MVP. Legit players don't do this lol!

#14 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

Oh well i dont own god gears, or a level 150 sura for that, so you mean cause the other players just 1 shot the MvP's you dont have the chance at least to kill them in other way?
Using convex mirrors is most of the times useless cause the MvP is already dead or when you just go to the MvP when respawn, is just dead.
Don't you think is kinda unfair? :C

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

@GuardianTK
sounds like you should be lobbying to have cheaters banned so the wild monsters are more fun, then lobbying for private boss monsters that aren't the way the developers intended.

@FiskBlack
I think its fair because the people who are beating you have the same odds against them. You could try Yggdrasil server if Valkyrie competition is a bit much for you? There is no god items @ Yggdrasil.

#16 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

It won't matter when Heim logic hits the MvP scene and it takes 12 players to down one.

#17 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:58 AM

Well they made different mvps require different items. About half the mvps need the unique loot, some need the old random set of items and some need stuff you can buy from npcs... eg. bishop needs 3ct diamonds.

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

@anko
those are like that because the mvp itself doesn't drop a unique item.

#19 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Up, i suport this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users