#1 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

10 second delay on EVERY LEVEL of High Heal.

Please if you aren't going to improve it at all put it back to what it was before.

#2 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

+10 (seconds delay) to this post~

#3 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:58 PM

10 second delay on EVERY LEVEL of High Heal.

Please if you aren't going to improve it at all put it back to what it was before.

I would Plus this but Ive used too many positives today. So My post will have to do.

#4 Kokain

Kokain

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

Agreed .. simply agreed .. not gonna say too much cause I will end up banned if I say what I think/feel about this change. :ani_meow:

EDIT: .. just read that it should be gettin fixed tomorrow.

Edited by Kokain, 09 June 2011 - 07:02 PM.

#5 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

Agreed .. simply agreed .. not gonna say too much cause I will end up banned if I say what I think/feel about this change. :ani_meow:

#6 Alorien

Alorien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

To put this in perspective.

The Arch Bishop's only goal in PvM before this change was to reduce the amount of potions people use.
Our pitiful little heals were already not enough to completely exterminate our party member's need for potions.
Now that I can't even do that, I am reduced to being nothing but a sacrement slave.

And what about those arch bishops who don't even have sacrement yet? How are they going to get a party now? Who will want to waste 50% of their exp, dragging a class around, that can't even heal them properly anymore?

#7 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

Calm down everyone! A plan is in place!

We will be having a restart tomorrow around 3pm. During this restart we will fix whatever feedback we get in this thread about the cast times.

Please be patient with this. It was a mistake, but it is likely something else that can be added to the restart rather than doing 2 restarts.

This was not intentional to make the ABs worse at healing.

#8 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

The GM dnt feel like doin anything, they just want to lay on their bed. they dnt feel like fixing up anything, so leave a message on the forum, cuz today i swear they dnt feel like doing anything, nothing at all.

lol jk. GM fix high heal plz =( its rly stupid right now

#9 Aeolus

Aeolus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

The GM dnt feel like doin anything, they just want to lay on their bed. they dnt feel like fixing up anything, so leave a message on the forum, cuz today i swear they dnt feel like doing anything, nothing at all.

lol jk. GM fix high heal plz =( its rly stupid right now

Since Unifan said it, it will be done.

#10 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

Up

#11 Caelum

Caelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

You guys do realize that changes made to the game code can spawn bugs, right?
If something was declared to be working one way, but ends up working another way, it's a bug. Completely unintentional. It's not the developers trying to screw you or the class over.
Balancing a game with 700-some-odd different skills is a nightmare.

#12 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

why does normal heal, heal for the same amount (or less) than pre renewal when peoples max hp has tripled?

#13 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:17 PM

If something was declared to be working one way, but ends up working another way, it's a bug. Completely unintentional. It's not the developers trying to screw you or the class over.

big exaggeration considering the game is balanced by probably around 100 max, but it gets much more complicated including gears, consumables and kafra shop if you count that separately.

#14 Flower

Flower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

why does normal heal, heal for the same amount (or less) than pre renewal when peoples max hp has tripled?

Need to repost this, maybe someday they will actually read it and consider making heal a bit better. Being able to spam heal more isn't quite that helpful, the ammount that heal does is the issue.

Edited by Flower, 10 June 2011 - 04:08 AM.

#15 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:42 AM

Any REAL programmer would check for said bugs before saying it's fine.
Any GOOD company would test this code on a Test Server prior to putting it out into the public.
Too bad we don't have a test server...

#16 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:51 AM

Let's just wait for today reboot. After 3 pm, we will have a better high healing abilities, but if we keep poking heim until he asplodes in anger, he might just say "screw it!" and instead leave the old high heal delays. Since the fix won't come until 3pm anyways, I would rather an improved high heal than the old high heal.

On topic of buffing <heal> skill, I disagree. Buffing <high heal> is the way to go, with cooldowns/delays/%modifyers, etc. If <heal> was buffed, instead of buffing archbishops, you would see suras buffed.

#17 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

Any REAL programmer would check for said bugs before saying it's fine.
Any GOOD company would test this code on a Test Server prior to putting it out into the public.
Too bad we don't have a test server...

REAL PROGRAMMERS? GOOD COMPANY?

Coding is difficult! Even BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, a HUGE multi-billion dollar company has issues on patch days! Last patch they did on WoW, they changed some skills and added two dungeons. Now horses have a weird animation error. The smallest change somewhere can change something else unforseen, even with testing. I do not think this is Gravity's fault, and I'm sick of people calling them stupid or bad at this. Things go wrong! That's life! Just be patient and they'll fix it!

I for one think that Heimdallr and Oda and the other GMs are doing a fine job, and if they try to please everyone they'll end up pleasing nobody. You have to remember that they are HUMANS, not robots, and can't be expected to see the future nor can they be perfect all the time. I'm sure all the naysayers wouldn't even last a single day in thier shoes.

Edited by Faolain, 10 June 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#18 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

REAL PROGRAMMERS? GOOD COMPANY?

Coding is difficult! Even BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT, a HUGE multi-billion dollar company has issues on patch days! Last patch they did on WoW, they changed some skills and added two dungeons. Now horses have a weird animation error. The smallest change somewhere can change something else unforseen, even with testing. I do not think this is Gravity's fault, and I'm sick of people calling them stupid or bad at this. Things go wrong! That's life! Just be patient and they'll fix it!

I for one think that Heimdallr and Oda and the other GMs are doing a fine job, and if they try to please everyone they'll end up pleasing nobody. You have to remember that they are HUMANS, not robots, and can't be expected to see the future nor can they be perfect all the time. I'm sure all the naysayers wouldn't even last a single day in thier shoes.

WoW is a much Much MUCH more complex game than RO is. Like I said before test the change on Sakray. During Maint(or any day they want really) they could have changed what they wanted, logged onto sakray and tested ALL of the skills then implemented it on the Public servers when working properly. If they couldn't get it working properly they should *gasp* wait til the next time their programmers have time to attempt it on the TEST server that they can take down whenever they want without affecting the main servers.

#19 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

WoW is a much Much MUCH more complex game than RO is. Like I said before test the change on Sakray. During Maint(or any day they want really) they could have changed what they wanted, logged onto sakray and tested ALL of the skills then implemented it on the Public servers when working properly. If they couldn't get it working properly they should *gasp* wait til the next time their programmers have time to attempt it on the TEST server that they can take down whenever they want without affecting the main servers.

Down to the bare basics, WoW and RO are both nothing but lines of code. And who's to say they didn't test it? Like I said, the smallest change could affect something somewhere else and you'd never know until you implimented it on the main servers. It's not a clean cut-and-paste ordeal, and they are trying to do the best they can to provide the best game experience possible, but things go wrong. The best programmer in the world can't impliment something into a game without SOMETHING having a problem that needs fixing. If you think you can do so much better, why don't you try?

And the whole test server thing still doesn't work. Things on the aformentioned WoW are tested for weeks and sometimes MONTHS before going live, and there are still issues. Point moot. This was tested, something went wrong, it'll be fixed. Deal with it.

Edited by Faolain, 10 June 2011 - 06:23 AM.

#20 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Down to the bare basics, WoW and RO are both nothing but lines of code. And who's to say they didn't test it? Like I said, the smallest change could affect something somewhere else and you'd never know until you implimented it on the main servers. It's not a clean cut-and-paste ordeal, and they are trying to do the best they can to provide the best game experience possible, but things go wrong. The best programmer in the world can't impliment something into a game without SOMETHING having a problem that needs fixing. If you think you can do so much better, why don't you try?

And the whole test server thing still doesn't work. Things on the aformentioned WoW are tested for weeks and sometimes MONTHS before going live, and there are still issues. Point moot. This was tested, something went wrong, it'll be fixed. Deal with it.

I agree with the fact that changing a line of code can have unforseen effects but instead of taking 10 minutes or less to revert it back to how it was they gave up for the night. If they had tested it like you suggest they would have caught the mistake and done said reversal as the change was not intended.

#21 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:55 AM

I agree with the fact that changing a line of code can have unforseen effects but instead of taking 10 minutes or less to revert it back to how it was they gave up for the night. If they had tested it like you suggest they would have caught the mistake and done said reversal as the change was not intended.

Finally, a breakthrough. I think the fact was that they were just so overworked last night with sprite errors that they chose to fix the most pressing things and save what was less gamebreaking until today. And well...High Heal having a large cooldown ISN'T gamebreaking. An inconvenience, surely, but not a huge huge deal. If that was thier reasoning, then I agree. They're overworked enough as it is. I honestly believe that they all need a vacation (or a staycation).

#22 Lessien

Lessien

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

Overworked? LOL they had a mini patch 5 minutes later to fix that. I see now how my 10 minute expectations are too high they can only do half of that. Ok, thank you for bringing me into the light.

#23 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

Coding or not, it is rather silly something as huge as a 10 second delay for all levels wasn't discovered with a simple test :ani_meow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users