Failed to get 2011-6-9data_gm.gpf file - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Failed to get 2011-6-9data_gm.gpf file

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 nglevan

nglevan

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

from today i get this error

"Failed to get 2011-6-9data_gm.gpf file"

i download the 3 patch files 2011-6-9 from ftp://ropatch1.gravityus.com/patch/ but still not good

help me
:o

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

Oh no! Failed to get errors again? :-( I hope this isn't the start of another wave of failed to get issues, it's been quiet for months. They're such a pain to debug, because there doesn't seem to be any logic to when they occur or why.

As for manually downloading the files not fixing it, are you running vista/7 with RO installed in program files?
If so, you didn't actually put the files in the RO folder that RO sees - windows is lying to you and telling you that you did, when it actually put them in the virtual store, and RO sees the real location, not the virtualized one, because it runs as admin (or it should be running as admin). I don't know a good way to copy things with admin privs, so they land in the real location instead of the virtual store. See any of my other rants about UAC for more details, i'm sick of writing page-long tirades about it. Microsoft considers it a feature.
RO should _NEVER_ be installed in program files on vista or later. If it is, you can't use homun/merc AI's, and you can't fix patch problems, and because UAC is buggy, you can get into situations where it will write the patch to the virtual store instead of the real location.

#3 nglevan

nglevan

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Thanks
:D

yes i use win7 and installed RO to Programfiles folder
at least now i know what cause the error
i will reinstall RO to other place

thanks again

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

at least now i know what cause the error

No - you know what prevented manually downloading the patches from fixing the failed to get error.

No clue on the failed to get error itself, those seem to happen almost at random, and never to anyone who's equipped to drill down into the issue and figure out what happened. I mean, i'd be at it with wireshark, trying to find out exactly how it's failing... but i've never had the failed to get problems - what's weird about them is that they can hit previously working installations without any apparent configuration changes, but once they do, they often persist through reinstall. I don't get it.

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 June 2011 - 10:20 AM.

#5 nglevan

nglevan

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

oops

i reinstall RO to another Driver (G:\ not the window C:\)
but now it say "Failed to get 2011-4-4data_gm.gdf file"

the patch2.txt file list a lot of files
from
1795 2011-4-4data_gm.gpf
to
1825 2011-6-9data_gm3.gpf

of course i downloaded and pasted them to the installed folder

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

oops

i reinstall RO to another Driver (G:\ not the window C:\)
but now it say "Failed to get 2011-4-4data_gm.gdf file"

the patch2.txt file list a lot of files
from
1795 2011-4-4data_gm.gpf
to
1825 2011-6-9data_gm3.gpf

of course i downloaded and pasted them to the installed folder

So it's giving you those errors even though you've put the downloaded gpf files in the RO folder?
It shouldn't be doing that; it should be using those files.

Also, can you get to the RO FTP site _using internet explorer_ (not another browser, has to be IE)?

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 June 2011 - 11:25 AM.

#7 nglevan

nglevan

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:36 AM

i put them into the RO folder (same folder of Ragnarok.exe, Setup.exe, ...)

i go to RO fpt site using firefox and download all fine
it is ftp://ropatch1.gravityus.com/patch/
right ?
my IE9 "cannot display the webpage"

what should i do :D

Edited by nglevan, 10 June 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

i go to RO fpt site using firefox and download all fine
it is ftp://ropatch1.gravityus.com/patch/
right ?
my IE9 "cannot display the webpage"

what should i do :D

AH! Well, then we've got the cause of the problem down! The patcher (like most other game patchers - it's not just RO) hooks into IE to download the patches. It gets the list of files via http, and the patch files themselves via FTP.

If IE can't access FTP sites, then RO can't patch.

I don't know what it is that makes IE not be able to access FTP sites. It's obviously something that changed very recently, though, since it was working up until the most recent patch. Verify that IE is not trying to use a proxy (some malware configures IE to use a proxy to facilitate man-in-the-middle attacks), and see if google turns up any applicable results - issues with IE not being able to access FTP sites are hardly unheard of, but a brief look at them made it clear that I didn't have the information i'd need about your configuration to judge which ones were applicable to you.

#9 nglevan

nglevan

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

i checked my IE, it not work under any proxy
i suspect my computer got infection, from the last 3 days, it's shut-down take so long
i'll try to scan my computer for spy, trojan too

thank for the advice

#10 pjjj

pjjj

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

dunno if this is considered necro or not...but im having the same problem as nglevan, with the same file... ("Failed to get 2011-6-9data_gm.gpf file")
I am running windows 7 64, and my installation folder is not the default one (it's on D:/)
My IE has not any issue with the ftp server whatsoever so i dont think that's related...
i tried downloading the files manually and put them in the default ragnarok directory, is that even the right one? (/ragnarok/) the patcher dosen't seem to care that i put the file in there and i dont see any of those files anywhere in my computer (this is my first patch)

did this issue ever got fixed?

EDIT: I did a few more tries and i can safely say it was a connection problem (aswell as a patcher issue itself)
got it working and downloaded everything, after a couple more errors
the problems seems to be when the patcher request the files to the server ( "getting xx file") and if the server dosen't answer back in 5-10 seconds the patcher gives an error and stop the entire process, instead of just trying again
My connection is not really good but im sure many people don't have that good connection, this should be something to keep in mind for a future patcher update!

Edited by pjjj, 04 January 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

the problems seems to be when the patcher request the files to the server ( "getting xx file") and if the server dosen't answer back in 5-10 seconds the patcher gives an error and stop the entire process, instead of just trying again

It's worse than that.

It downloads each patch, then applies it, then deletes it. Then tries the next one, and so on. If any of these fail, IT DOES NOT RECORD WHICH PATCHES IT DOWNLOADED SUCCESSFULLY, APPLIED, AND THEN DELETED - so they have to be downloaded all over again. Madness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users