• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

i cant decide which of the classes i want ive narrowed it down to this 1 of the turans 1 of the 2 shamans druid or the dominator thing i prefer solo play or dd/support which class would be best for me?

which is better solo in dungeon/bosses
commander
protector
or tempest

Edited by seporlith, 14 June 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#2 pepsta

pepsta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDown Under
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Vlllades

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

hmmmm im no expert but i think this:

Protector - will always survive (99% of the time) in solo depending on your gear, jewels, weaps, ehnchants

Commander - not sure - never tried but i have seen some of them tank in WS, SL - havent seen any tank in JS

Tempest - good for SL or WS runs with a Tank - cant solo well, not that i have seen or know of, caster class!

I have a 67 prot and can solo all of SL - takes a fair bit of time but it can be done.
WS - if i had appropriate gear - maybe if i was higher lvl could proberly solo it as well - i know of a couple of people that have!
JS - noooooo idea - would like to see if someone has soloed it including bosses!!!

hope this helps a little!

#3 Gragor

Gragor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:11 AM

For solo? Probably Commander. Has the best Offense/Defense combination. The problem with Protector, in a solo dungeon, is that they can't deal damage fast enough. You'll probably get overwhelmed. The problem with Tempest is too much damage/aoe, you'll probably pull too many mobs. Truthfully, dungeons aren't made for solo. You should be with a party. If you really want solo PvE, consider a Dominator.

#4 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:45 AM

Prots are an extremely hard class to kill thanks to high HP, great defence (highest of all classes, they are the tank class) and 3 heals over time skills but they have the lowest dmg. So yes, you could solo lots of bosses but it will take ages. On JS bosses forget about it, those are raid bosses and it takes 15 ppl to kill them. Those can crit 6k dmg on a prot (and they do it quite often). Mobs, yes, you can solo them, 1 at the time (to pull more on a prot its just pointless), but most classes can XD

Comanders are the PvP tanks. They have a lot better dmg but less defence and less chance to block and no heals. So you cant really solo a boss on him unless you use lots of HP pots (including item mall or events)

Tempests are mages with good aoe power. They can actually solo quite well thanks to self heals. I know some tempests that soloed DS bosses. Ive seen some good geared tempys actually solo JS killing all room toguther alone. Only 2 mages i know for sure that can do that are tempests and mystics (not telling its easy, just it can be done).

TBH for starter i would chose tempest or mystic, they dont rely that heavy on gears like prots or comies and aoe mages grind faster and find partys easyer and both have good solo ability (specially mystics i would say).

Edited by Dess, 16 June 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#5 Chardane

Chardane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Location3rd Planet from the Sun
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

You can solo SL at 65 as a Tempest. You just need to use Holy bolt on bosses and sleep on mobs. I don't think you can solo any higher level boss that you can't slow down.

You also need to add Domi, they can solo pretty much everything apart from raid bosses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users