• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:58 AM

i just started the game and ive been doing research on all the classes but i can pick which i want the ones ive narrowed it down to r

druid
dominator thing
either of the rogues
either shaman
or any turan

my play style:pve solo dd/support in party
prefer good speed/power or power and heals/defense to back it up
i love magic and i love melee but i would prefer to stay away from wands and the mace bludgeon thing or w/e its called(1 of the down sides of druid is it uses it i think/hear)

any suggestions?
is there a pure support class? my friend said hed play and duo with me if there is by pure support he/i mean alot of buffs and great heals some attacks but not many and maybe have crowd control. with buffs hes looking for hp/mp&defense/attack from what ive seen no 1 class has both hp/mp and attack/defense buffs defense/attack is important to me while hp/mp is to him

#2 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

sound like you want radiant and commander/forsaker
radiant is your support saker has debuffs and is great DD commander is lone wolf killer

druid can use sword, axe, bludgeon, or knuckles

#3 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

kk so commander dd i can do that i was thinking about druid cuz it has
1:heals
2:dd skills
3:defensive skills

dominator looked cool to me cuz 1 its evil and 2 it uses minions -_-

#4 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

druid - shapeshifter class, has a tank and melee dps form, tanking abilities are lowish in endgame unless ur awesomely geared with gear that doesn't drop anymore and since you have one taunting skill with too big CD for the fact that it's the only taunting skill you'll lose aggro against ppl who have worked out gears. it's still a very fun class to play and requires a -_-load of keyboard powah.

dominator is the summoner class one pet has a slow skill, one has self heal and some magic skill, one is long range and one uses fireball and a heal for you. aside from being annoying coz of pets in pvp you'll be a sure kill unless geared very well. in pve it's a fun class, you can solo some dungeons and have a nice debuff for raids. also you'd have the ability to afk-grind (as in summon pets and leave them to kill while you study or make lunch or love to your lady)

rogues
shadow runner is a long range dps class with high dmg output. but slow attack speed unless receiving some tempest buffs for speed.
assassin is the dual sword wielding job that has a long ass stun from stealth and is a very dangerous class
both rogue jobs aren't really pve oriented and really shine in pvp. grind and pve it's kinda sorta better to have a caster aoe job.

turans
commanders - primarily pvp job, with good gear can tank raids.
protectors - pve tank, with self and party heals and great defense buffs making it the best raid and grind tank in the game.
radiants - healers of requiem, great buffs, great heals, essential, nuff said
tempests - one of the best choices. aoe casters with slow skills that make solo and party grind great and easy, a good heal that you can cast on urself and others and party buffs for attack speed and physical dmg that ur melee friends and long range attackers will love

shammys
forsaker - sorta aoe-ish class and the second shammy job with more predispositions for pvp. has great debuff skills for raids and great dmg output.
mystic - strong aoe dps caster class, with party buffs, totems that give defense and heals and remove dots and a party heal followed by a HoT. great in parties, great in solo, great in raids.
both shammys alos come with a huge HP buff skill that is a huge help by default.

#5 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

Yea, personally I play druid

#6 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

If you can stand the use of a staff, A domi is a great class, and it does very well in pvp (No, you don't need amazing gear to do good, just get decent gear and the correct accessories). The pets act as a distraction a lot of the time as a lot of people like to tab (this selects a target).

Commander would be your best bet if you want a good defense class. Radiant, obviously is what you want for support.

#7 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

i actually love mages in a game called Rappelz i was a Warlock for my 4yrs theres which was a dd debuff mage mages r my favorite class to play but they r very hard to do anything at low lvls it seems becuz they have no nukes and no or little heals i wish there was a necromancer class lol necromancer is my favorite kind of mage/class in S.U.N. i was a shadow which is similar to a necromancer warlock on rappelz(now at my lvl is called fiend) was sorta too so now i got it narrowed down to the following classes

Dominator or Mystic or Tempest

i like the temptest beast form it looks cool ^^ mystic i dont like the beast form or the fact im blacker then dark chocolate candy bars XD(no im not racist it just looks funny)but over all it looks like it would be fun to use a axe and beat people with it -_- lol and dominator i love the claw and pet classes

my friend has decided to play hes going to be either mystic radiant or tempest here show hes decided

me dom=radiant
me mystic=tempest
me tempest=mystic

thanks for the tips btw im Sephorlich/Seporlich on the first server(dont remember name)

#8 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

If you can stand the use of a staff, A domi is a great class

ehh wut?

and it does very well in pvp

I giggled.

#9 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

lol raptor jesus? i dont like pvp much but i will destroy any1 that annoys the hell outa me(i iz spam u to death master -_-)

#10 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

ok which is better for solo tempest or dominator and if dom which pet?

#11 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

you have access to all pets, you don't have to choose.

tempest is the better farmer, faster grinder.

domi can solo some dungeons if directed properly.

for a first char I'd recommend tempy, you'll get around easier, and you'll need a farmer sooner or later so why not start sooner -_-

#12 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

so dom can summon ALL OF THE PETS o_O at once?

Edited by seporlith, 14 June 2011 - 12:10 PM.

#13 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

yea. but they ain't "that" good as you make them seem with ur reaction xD

#14 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

if new try Templar- Tempest.
its cheap to gear. extreamly easy to use. able solo or party well. good aoe farmer so come events you will be able farm away and get rich.

#15 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

lol i like the part about afk grinding on dom XD but i think i will go tempest

#16 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

ehh wut?

I giggled.

A staff/Wand. He said he preferred to stay away from them.

Giggle all you want, the only reason why people suck at pvp or pve with a domi is because they don't know how to use them.

-_-

Afk grinding is kinda useless, but it is easily done.

I agree with Ray and Angelic though, it would be a lot easier to start out with a templar.

Edited by Kraizer666, 14 June 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#17 seporlith

seporlith

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

kk atm im making a defender->commander and templar->tempest so i guess im done here

#18 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:TERA

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

A staff/Wand. He said he preferred to stay away from them.

Giggle all you want, the only reason why people suck at pvp or pve with a domi is because they don't know how to use them.

-_-

Afk grinding is kinda useless, but it is easily done.

I agree with Ray and Angelic though, it would be a lot easier to start out with a templar.

hmmm , go join AdultFoC and learn what "pvp" is
Spoiler

#19 SAMERC

SAMERC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationChile, South America
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Oh just one more thing... for ur friend.. If you looking for the best support class in the game go Templar - Radiant. They got Def buffs, Resurection, MP/HP regen buffs, Debuffs and HEALZ (lots and lots of heals). You cant go wrong... and besides we need more healers in game... :waddle:

#20 Kraizer666

Kraizer666

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

hmmm , go join AdultFoC and learn what "pvp" is

Spoiler

I'm fully aware, No need to bash me :waddle: