• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 ElyonCross

ElyonCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

can anyone tell me the pros and cons of protectors..i like a char that can use buff on himself and parties too i dont care not dealing alot of dmg, one that could be good in pvp and pve, that could be ok solo and will be needed in parties xD

#2 UrbaKing

UrbaKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationIn your mind
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

sounds like you want a mystic or commander :waddle:

#3 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Prot is good for solol DS,JS,WS u can farm 65 items in ds alone by killing bosses, but u wont do nothing in pvp

#4 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

PVP with prot is kind of sad, still they are needed for raids, and having alot of hp can be enjoyable, at least to me.

#5 SAMERC

SAMERC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationChile, South America
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Well if u wanna do PVP forget about a Protector. If u looking for a well balanced class that helps alot in raids and can defend itself well on the battlefield... Try a Mystic or aTempest. I think those are the 2 most versatile clases in the game and id recomend em for anyone trying out this game for the 1st time.. Or if you wanna stick to Melee go WL maybe even Druid. (Carefull though i think Druids are one of the more difficult clases to master) Prots are a great class but very specialized. Probably the most in the whiole game. They are tanks, meat shields and that is it. There is nothing else about a Protector. GL on ur new toon. :waddle:

#6 ElyonCross

ElyonCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

thx for the info i was asking first for the protector since it looks like a paladin and i love them XD well..i was looking at the mystic first and i have to say i like the skills but i dont like magicians yeah..i dont like magic but i do like buff ironic....it could be good if he could be melee,regarding tempest they look good with all those buff i think i will go for it

#7 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:23 AM

Carefull with tempest buffs. They have some great mele buffs (blesing of haste and weapon of god)but they are still mages, if you get those buff they are not for you, are to make physical chars do more dmg. Your main source of dmg will allways be magic, specially aoes.

With all that sayd, tempest are a great class, possibly best farmers in game with huge AoE power, good crowd control skills and some nice healing abilityes.

Edited by Dess, 16 June 2011 - 08:24 AM.

#8 UrbaKing

UrbaKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 761 posts
  • LocationIn your mind
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

OMG a radiant with max tempest buffs would be godly.

#9 ElyonCross

ElyonCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

lol i was thinking that those buff were for me too T_T....well is there any char that meets my requirements at least close to what i like...melee with aliltle magic good def solo and in party too kinda paladins in ro or wow or even diablo 2 lol xD i use to play those games but i got tired thats why ill try this one it looks fun from what ive seen in vids

#10 SAMERC

SAMERC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

lol i was thinking that those buff were for me too T_T....well is there any char that meets my requirements at least close to what i like...melee with aliltle magic good def solo and in party too kinda paladins in ro or wow or even diablo 2 lol xD i use to play those games but i got tired thats why ill try this one it looks fun from what ive seen in vids

Well then i think u should try the Protector. They are 100% melee but they use magic for heals and they have a nice DEF buff. Just remember that a protector like i said is a very specialized class and in PVP u r gonna suck balls. In PVE however its the best tank in the game and therefore when u reach higher lvls u will always have something to do as people will invite u to raids and such.

#11 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

to be invited to raids u need to be a good prot with good gear lots of hp and u need to know how to keep arggo ! -.-

#12 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

...protector since it looks like a paladin...

Imagine a paladin that couldn't heal anywhere near as well as you might be used to, and had the offensive capabilities of a dead fish.

They are the best tanks in the game, however. They have a very nice party buff for defence, which is useful in PvP. That's kind of it.

Commanders can wear all the same tanking gear as the protectors, but have offensive skills rather than the nice tanking buffs and heals of a protector.
This makes them a second-place choice to protectors, but that said my guild's main tank is a Commander (Ninn) and he does a damned good job of it.

As for tempests, they are a squishy caster class. You could try them with melee but that would be wasting the immense magic capabilities they have.
Melee friends will love your buffs.

Warlords are a very strong melee class that use 2-handed weapons. They deal a lot of damage and have a VERY nice party buff that increases everyone's HP, and another for melee attack.
They're pretty much essential for raids. They aren't tanks, but if the tank dies for whatever reason they often make a good job of a backup because of their high HP.

Mystic was mentioned - they have an HP buff and defence totem, which makes them the least squishy of the casters. Their high damage and fire magic means they have high aggro and are often the one left tanking if the main tank dies/disconnects etc, and they can do it fairly well.

Essentially:

Protector - best tank, bad offence
Commander - adequate tank, good offence
Warlord - party buffer, good offence
Tempest - squishy caster, with nice buffs for melee classes
Mystic - non-squishy caster

#13 pepsta

pepsta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationDown Under
  • Server:Vlllades

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

Tally pretty much got it spot on,

best way to know for yourself is trail and error,

good thing about this game unlike most RPG's is a Job change - however is only available at certain events to which doesn't mean the chance to change class/job is not available - might be expensive but at least the opportunity is there.

example - protectors can change into commanders because that class is against the same race.

Give it a go.... you might like the protector - a brick wall that doesnt crack, move, or fall over - thats what they are! lol - suppose to be... :)

#14 SAMERC

SAMERC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

Give it a go.... you might like the protector - a brick wall that doesnt crack, move, or fall over - thats what they are! lol - suppose to be... :)

Or as everyone calls em.,.... Meat Shields. hehehee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users